Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: What direction are we going?
Elf Riding a Wolf 14 87.50%
Spider hero 5 31.25%
Cowboy hero 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old December 23rd, 2018, 07:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla: Poll for Miniature/Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
The wolf thing makes me a little hesitant to call this an elf queen - the fact that she's cruising around on an arctic wolf kinda says to me that she's also living in a colder climate than the other elves (edit: or she was before coming to Valhalla, unless the wolf is something she's just started riding since coming to Valhalla). Gives her kind of an outsider vibe.

I think I'm kind of alone in my read on this, but the arctic wolf really makes me think Jandar, with the snow theme. I think it'd be cool to design an elf that follows Jandar - maybe a half-elf? (Does Scape have any half-elves?)
Brandis Skyhunter. Being a half-elf would necessitate her originating from one of the D&D worlds, it should be noted - Feylund doesn't have any humans to interbreed with, to my knowledge.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 23rd, 2018, 10:27 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Heroscape-wise, the mini has a very conflicting look. Wolf and silver armor seem pretty Jandar to me, but the green makes it hard for me to see her as anything other than Ullar.
Old December 23rd, 2018, 10:55 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Heroscape-wise, the mini has a very conflicting look. Wolf and silver armor seem pretty Jandar to me, but the green makes it hard for me to see her as anything other than Ullar.
Know who else rides an arctic snowbeast?

Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider.

Just sayin’.

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; December 23rd, 2018 at 10:58 PM. Reason: I could see either Jandar or Ullar, but if you were to make me pick one, it’d be Ullar...
Old December 24th, 2018, 09:47 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmon View Post
Looks like I got my figure before LC, so I went ahead and snapped some photos, including what it would look like on a peanut base. I much prefer the peanut base. It looks better and obviously fits better than the original base, which tends to hang over too much for my liking. See what you guys think...

Nice looking figure.
The pose of the figure could be a call, or a victory celebration. The Elf could be an Elite Scout [Leader��](thus the armor), indeed acquiring the Wolf during her travels in Valhalla. The story could be similar to how man first partnered with what evolved into the domestic dog. Conditional Bonding would be the result of the call not always being heard. As a victory celebration, a morale boost for her troops could be triggered by the figure killing an opponent's figure.

I suggest keeping the price reasonable; Conditional Bonding; a 2-3 hex range Special Attack for the Elf; and a Special Attack and/or a Special Power (for example, Kozil's creating a chance to inflict a wound) for the Wolf.

Last edited by kolakoski; December 24th, 2018 at 10:06 AM.
Old December 24th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like that!

I think we could justify a variety of classes and leaders etc. with the right bio.

I was imagining an Elf of royal heritage that is somehow lost at a young age and groves up away and eventually creates a bond with the local wolves. At some point she is discovered and her heritage revealed. She returns and despises the role of royalty and chooses to lead from the front,on the field of battle.

Pretty much a Tarzan origin story.
(If you have not read the original Tarzan novel, you really should. The writing is impressive and does not read like it was written over 100 years ago.)
Old December 24th, 2018, 10:55 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

You really want to make her a front line fighter, don't you? OK . . . a rough draft:

Theya Wolfmounter
Ullar
Elf
Hunter (for Arktos synergy)
Relentless (for Khosumet synergy and general wolfiness)
Large 6

Life 6
Move 8
Range 4
Attack 4
Defense 4

Howl of Triumph
Each time Theya kills an opponent's figure, all figures in your army gain an additional Attack die and an additional hex of Movement for the rest of the Round. [Could easily happen more than once given Theya's Powers.]

Mortal Strike from Master of the Hunt - Without the stupid Javelin. When Theya distracts sufficiently via wounding, the Wolf has his opportunity to strike.

Enraged Strike 13 from Kozil

160 Points?

Sure, we could give them Mithral Mail (+1 additional Shield), but recombining existing Powers is a good way to go. Howl of Triumph synergizes with the other Powers powerfully - if too much so, a die roll per kill can be inserted. I'm open to replacing it with an existing Leadership Power.

Last edited by kolakoski; December 24th, 2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old December 24th, 2018, 06:15 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like bmon's suggestion of themes at this stage.

Mechanics can be cool to discuss, but it'll help if there's a cohesive theme you(/we) are all aiming at.

I'm sure flameslayer will try to bring some order to this thread after the holidays, so some chaos is fine for now.

Here's a dump of some of my theme thoughts:
  • Green -> Ullar
  • White Wolf -> Snow
  • Restrained, noble
  • Commander
  • Ranged attack?
  • Wolf attack AND rider attack
  • Protector/Guard
  • Not a front-line fighter
Old December 25th, 2018, 09:23 AM

Well and Merry Christmas met!

A front line fighter . . . a rough draft:

Theya Wolfmounter
Ullar
Elf
Hunter (for Arktos synergy)
Relentless (for Khosumet synergy and general wolfiness)
Large 6

Life 6
Move 8
Range 4
Attack 4
Defense 4

Howl of Triumph
Each time Theya kills an opponent's figure, all figures in your army gain an additional Attack die and an additional hex of Movement for the rest of the Round. [Could easily happen more than once given Theya's Powers.]

Mortal Strike from Master of the Hunt - Without the stupid Javelin. When Theya distracts sufficiently via wounding, the Wolf has his opportunity to strike.

Enraged Strike 13 from Kozil

160 Points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I like bmon's suggestion of themes at this stage.

Mechanics can be cool to discuss, but it'll help if there's a cohesive theme you(/we) are all aiming at.

I'm sure flameslayer will try to bring some order to this thread after the holidays, so some chaos is fine for now.

Here's a dump of some of my theme thoughts:
  • Green -> Ullar
  • White Wolf -> Snow
  • Restrained, noble
  • Commander
  • Ranged attack?
  • Wolf attack AND rider attack
  • Protector/Guard
  • Not a front-line fighter
I hear you. I believe we would agree that more than one theme can be implied from the same aspects of a sculpt. All we know is the appearance of the figure, its accoutrements and its pose - a snapshot in time. The rest is connotative - subjective supposition. The design concept I came up with is thematically consistent with the sculpt and, I believe, will be fun to play and presents an intriguing challenge for an opponent. A little tweaking and we're all done.

Of course, that's not how it works. Actually, I have little idea how it works. I'm guessing that a consensus of some kind is being sought. After we all suggest, flameslayer will pick a thematic direction, and we'll suggest some more. Then he'll pick an element or elements to be included, and we'll suggest some more, etc., etc., until we're done. I suggest a poll, at some point, containing various suggestions for theme, Powers, etc., with people being able to choose as many as they please. We could swiftly gain consensus on a number of these issues. [I'd do it myself but I'm using an Ipad in Jamaica, so it would be difficult for me.]

P.S.: Was able to put up a preliminary poll after all.

Last edited by kolakoski; December 25th, 2018 at 10:47 AM.
Old December 25th, 2018, 02:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

*shrugs* I didn’t really pick the miniature, I just went with the flow. No need to assume I would’ve decided the direction(s) we were going as well.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Enjoy the holidays before coming back to scape too heavily.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 26th, 2018, 01:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Merry Christmas all. For elf on a wolf, first off should be Eladren as blond hair is signature of High Elf. Could be Ullar or Jandar.
I say for powers simpler is better:
Snow strength ripped from Nerak
Engagement Strike ripped from Nakita Agents, but maybe up odds to Engagement Strike 9 or something lower than 13 but higher than 6.
Normal attack should have range so 3rd power could be Special Attack or something else. I don’t like full bonding as an option, but possibly movement bonding, or if you want to make as scout something like:
Scout Movement: After revealing an order marker and on and taking a turn with a hero you control who does not make a normal or special attack that turn, you may move “EoaW” 6 spaces.
Old December 26th, 2018, 10:43 AM

Well met!

From an earlier post:

"Possible 20-sider Special Powers:

For the Elf, Conditional Bonding, a chance to take a turn with another [Elf] hero or a squad of Warriors of Ashra."

The Bonding I had in mind could work something like this:

A Sister's Call
After revealing an OM on and taking a turn with [Theya], roll a 20-sider. On a roll of [11] or higher, take a turn with any female [Elf] hero or squad you control.
Old December 26th, 2018, 10:46 AM

[Duplicate post]

Last edited by kolakoski; December 26th, 2018 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards