Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 5th, 2019, 11:14 PM

Meerca is surprisingly tart
What Order Should New Players Buy Terrain

For someone with no heroscape terrain, I was wondering. What order would you buy the terrain sets in?

How often the set is used in maps, cost, and gameplay seem like the 3 big factors to me
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:39 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Order Should New Players Buy Terrain

Welcome to the site!

You'll be able to build most maps with the following quantities of terrain:
1x Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set (RotV)
1x Swarm of the Marro Master Set (SotM)
2x Battle for the Underdark Master Set (BftU)
2x Road to the Forgotten Forest (RttFF)
1x Fortress of the Archkyrie (FotA)
1x Volcarren Wasteland (VW)
1x Thaelank Tundra (TT)
2x Ticalla Jungle (TJ)

I would start off by getting:
1. RotV and SotM
2. RttFFs
3. BFTUs, TJs, and TT
4. FotA and VW

First of all, the price increases as the list progresses, so it's better to start off with the cheaper options. The RotV and SotM are staples for mapmakers. RttFF is one of the most common sets used across maps. The third group are great sets from aesthetic and gameplay perspectives, but they are also very expensive. FotA and VW are both nice and not as expensive as the previous group, but they aren't quite as necessary.

I'd also recommend that if something looks really cool, try to get that. Having fun is what matters the most.
Old November 5th, 2019, 11:49 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

FotA is also way more prone to the plastic being brittle than other sets - something to keep in mind. Often, the pieces are impossible to take apart without broken plastic or hurt fingers.
Old November 6th, 2019, 12:09 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'd definitely try to get one each of SotM and RotV.

After that I'd definitely go for RttFF and/or FotA, and pick up some spare pieces to paint into your own lava set. TJ is decently easy to customize as well, so if you're cool with that route I'd skip buying it at all.

At this point I'd also completely skip buying BftU or TT unless you have a lot of money you're looking to throw at a collection. They're definitely nice to have, but not as much of a staple as the others and way more expensive (those two factors are related).
Old November 6th, 2019, 01:45 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

FotA is great but be warned the pieces, especially ladders, can be really brittle and the walls won't always slide well against each other (wish I knew this before I bought it, but I still enjoy the terrain).

If you just need a lot of terrain for a base layer, Arena of the Planeswalkers has hex boards you can use for a map foundation.

If you want LoS blockers and more structures, I highly recommend printing out some adventure packs from AliasQTip's website.
Old November 6th, 2019, 10:35 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

One other factor to consider is your intended player count! If you are planning on playing 2P games, 1 RotV is plenty. If you are planning on doing 6P games, a second RotV will get you much more mileage than a FotA (more players demands more hexes, and although the AotP stuff helps, you will still need an extra box).

Welcome to the game!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 6th, 2019, 02:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ill be adding a whole new updated pdf with my variants of play here soon. Been playing and polishing these rules for a few years now. Here is the discussion of Gridless heroscape, which dont require any of the hexes. Keep in mind, if you like the idea, the final draft with a pdf will be uploaded shortly. I have a mountain of hs tiles and I like this way better.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=54010

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 7th, 2019, 11:20 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Another option would be to get a 3D printer and print your own. Great amount of knowledge and files on this site

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion