Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 17th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Just played my first game of Dominion last night and was very impressed. The amount of variability in just the first game was surprising. I got second place (by 23 points ) but it was a blast to play, the quick turns really keep you on your toes and keep people from getting distracted during the game.

I'd like to check out the expansions if I can muster up the cash.
Old May 17th, 2014, 08:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

I love Dominion, though it's been a while since I've played.

Cornucopia is the best of the small sets; it encourages variety. Alchemy is OK; it has some good cards, but some people find the alternate Potion cost awkward. I haven't bought Guilds yet, because it looked the least interesting of all the sets to me.

You can't really go wrong with any of the big sets. Seaside was my early favorite, but I think Prosperity appeals to a lot of people with its theme or more, more, more! Intrigue is great as it gives players additional choices to make and also comes with extra base cards. I'm a big fan of Hinterlands as well. Dark Ages brings a whole new feel to the game, and is also the biggest of all the expansions.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 18th, 2014, 09:43 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Played two games of Battlecry 150 out on Long Island, with Griznakh's great painted minis and 3D terrain! One was with four players and one with two. I'd been waiting to try this out after seeing his great photos posted onsite here. Of course, he always does a bang up job with all of his custom projects, and this was the last of his games I hadn't tried yet--the others being Lost World, Battle Masters, and Thunder Road, not to mention his Skyscraper Superscape.

I also played a couple of interesting short custom Scape scenarios which were part of a campaign by one of the LIScape group members. We topped it all off with a playtest of G's own Supers cards. I played my usual Wonder Woman and the Amazons, along with a secret new figure I'm not allowed to mention yet. Keep up with his newly posted supers cards being placed on his own custom thread here--there's a new one every day!
Old May 19th, 2014, 01:22 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

My eldest was home sick today & because the wife had things todo I stayed home to look after him.

We played Tiny Epic Kingdoms, Marvel Dice Masters & Hey, That's My Fish. What a great way to pass the day stuck inside .
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Got to finally play Dice Masters and X-Wing this weekend (at Tom's CoolStuff day)--both quite excellent, but I'm still deciding if I go down those money rabbit holes...

Also played:

The new Smash Up cards--fun new stuff in there (I played Steampunk Spies)

Riff Raff--that is one heck of a dexterity game

Rumble in the Dungeon--pretty cool little game (nothing amazing, but fun)

Catan--my daughter really wanted to pull out a classic
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Don't do it, man!

I had a great day at our Heroscape tournament on Saturday, playing 5 games of 'Scape, followed by a teaching game of Star Realms. You would not know it was a teaching game, from the way I got flattened, but it can go that way... And then Akden and his son showed a friend & me Suburbia. That was a fun game, and not something I ever would have picked out on my own. Thanks, akden!

Last night KidScaper and I played a pair of games of Star Realms, which we split, meaning I've won twice in the last 12 games I've played.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

I really like Suburbia. If it played 5 players, I'd already own it. It's not the most brilliant game ever, but it sure works for me--just a great, solid, always enjoyable game, imo.
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Had the delight of hosting Hahma and Taeblewalker on Sunday, and we got in a 2,000 point each test game of C3G Superscape (sorry for unleashing Starro on you, guys! He definitely needs some toning down), where I benefited from getting them to go after each other. Then Taeblewalker ran an awesome Mansions of Madness game for us, featuring one of my favorite ever themes (time travel), which Hambone just barely shotgunned us to victory in (some clutch rolls from him following some truly horrible ones earlier!). And then, Hahma had to take off to hit the road, but Taeble and I rounded out a fun day with two games of Marvel: Legendary vs. Mole Man (who it turns out is really weak if his minions are not coming up often).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 19th, 2014, 10:05 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I really like Suburbia. If it played 5 players, I'd already own it. It's not the most brilliant game ever, but it sure works for me--just a great, solid, always enjoyable game, imo.
KidScaper wouldn't like it, I don't think. It doesn't have enough player interaction to hold his interest. It's just as well, then, that he was off playing a 5 player game of the DC heroes thing (not sure which one; it wasn't cooperative, if that helps), being taught by Crichton. KidScaper won, but I don't think that was any special skill on his part. After all, he was Shazam!, which is an inherent unfair advantage. Not that I know anything about the game, but hey, it's Shazam!.

= =
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:09 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Don't do it, man!

I had a great day at our Heroscape tournament on Saturday, playing 5 games of 'Scape, followed by a teaching game of Star Realms. You would not know it was a teaching game, from the way I got flattened, but it can go that way... And then Akden and his son showed a friend & me Suburbia. That was a fun game, and not something I ever would have picked out on my own. Thanks, akden!

Last night KidScaper and I played a pair of games of Star Realms, which we split, meaning I've won twice in the last 12 games I've played.
For some reason, we never seem to be able to play with you guys after a tournament. We were able to squeeze in 4-player Tsuro of the Seas, 3-player Steam Park, and 3-player DC Comic Heroes Unite.

BTW, nice win percentage in Star Realms. It looks similar to my Euro game win percentage. In my defense, I usually only play a Euro game once or twice before I remind myself they don't have miniatures, so I don't like them. Ameritrash baby! Git er done!

EDIT: Shazam! is not that great in the DC Comic game.
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
EDIT: Shazam! is not that great in the DC Comic game.
Apparently he is great enough, in the hands of KidScaper.

Signed,
Proud Papa

p.s. I don't mind losing in a non-competitive environment, normally. If I win, great, if my opponent wins, it means he won, and perhaps is more likely to play again. Always a win/win for me. "'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." ~ Reiner Knizia

= =
Old May 19th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

[QUOTE=Gurei-Ornery;1939585]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
BTW, nice win percentage in Star Realms. It looks similar to my Euro game win percentage. In my defense, I usually only play a Euro game once or twice before I remind myself they don't have miniatures, so I don't like them. Ameritrash baby! Git er done!
AMEN!!!!!!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games