Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 15th, 2019, 08:47 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Play-tested Custom Terrain Sets

I agree with @Astroking112 , as I and others have suggested Cryptoliths as well, as they already have "playtested" terrain - playtested by Hasbro/WotC! And even though Magic:AotP sets do not come with that much plastic terrain, the sand in both the 1st and SOI sets would make a great new terrain type with no painting/modification required. My vote on AotP sand would be some kind of quicksand with rules similar to or a slightly nerfed version of Pit Trap (+1 movement on unless you are adjacent to friendly figure) but if there was a group playtested rules with maps designed with these terrain it would be great.

As far as other terrain, it would have to be readily available without modification, or just use a modified C3G's destructible object and throwing rules (they reference the SuperStrength logo) for already released heroscape terrain (trees, rock outcrops, etc.). Only other thing I have suggested is rock and tree terrain that comes with $10-15 Dinosaur buckets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
The custom terrain I would most heartily approve of is Crypoliths and the mats from Magic:Arena (see Could Crypoliths have a place in Competitive HeroScape? and/or my Herosape and Magic:AotP Cryptolith Map Contest) - as they look beautiful with Heroscape terrain, add another terrain type (2 if you count weirded spaces), speed up map building, and allow newer players to be able to build more maps, in addition to AotP units that would make great customs converted to Heroscape units (we just got to get the points right on the Heroscape scale, especially with squads either having one life or made as common squads])

The only terrain that I have seen fit really well is a Dinosaurs Bucket from Wal-mart or Toys-R-Us/Animal Planet that includes rocks and trees that fit perfectly both it both look and on terrain (in addition to Dinosaurs that would make great customs )

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios