Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 18th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Commander Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Last thought before voting on this: should Trained to Perfection be put in a bullet list like Iron Fist's Force of One?

Quote:
TRAINED TO PERFECTION
Before attacking with Commander Rogers, you may choose to either:
  • attack any or all figures adjacent to Commander Rogers, rolling each attack separately; or
  • add one automatic skull when attacking an adjacent figure.
My first thought was that we only do bullets when there are 3 or more options, but both Iron Fist and Hawkgirl are bulleted lists with two options. I think you're right on this count. Proposal updated.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old January 18th, 2015, 11:59 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Yea

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 19th, 2015, 06:37 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Commander Rogers - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Good catch, V! I'll add that. That also makes a majority of us in favor of the change to PES, so it seems like a good update. We 4 total testers here that show him as balanced (1, 2, 3, 4). quozl likes 260, and I'm good there too.

I Propose we update Commander Rogers with the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
NAME = COMMANDER ROGERS
SECRET IDENTITY = STEVE ROGERS

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = DEDICATED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 260

MASTER TACTICIAN
At the beginning of your turn, if there is at least one revealed Order Marker on this card, you may rearrange any unrevealed Order Markers on cards in your army. You may move Order Markers from cards of your destroyed figures.

TRAINED TO PERFECTION
Before attacking with Commander Rogers, you may choose to either:
  • attack any or all figures adjacent to Commander Rogers, rolling each attack separately; or
  • add one automatic skull when attacking an adjacent figure.

PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
When defending against an attack, Commander Rogers always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When Commander Rogers defends against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces, if you roll any excess shields (not including the automatic shield), the attacking figure receives one unblockable wound.
@A3n -
@johnny139 -
@Karat -
quozl- Yea
@SirGalahad -
Viegon- Yea

Old January 19th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Yea
Old January 20th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

There's no need for 'unblockable' in the last line of PES, since it is not an attack (it's occurring during the opponent's turn anyway).

Otherwise yea

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old January 20th, 2015, 02:57 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
There's no need for 'unblockable' in the last line of PES, since it is not an attack (it's occurring during the opponent's turn anyway).
Hmm, you made me realize an oversight on my part. I offered "unblockable" for consistency with Counter Strike, Arcane Riposte, Evil Eye Defense, Evil Eye Protection, Lumbering Bully, Defensive Premonition 9, Absorb and Return, and other counter-strikey powers which are also occurring during the opponent's turn.

However, I just noticed on those that the normal convention is unblockable hit rather than unblockable wound. So rather than delete "unblockable," would it be more consistent to change "wound" to "hit"?
PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
When defending against an attack, Commander Rogers always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. When Commander Rogers defends against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces, if you roll any excess shields (not including the automatic shield), the attacking figure receives one unblockable hit.
There is a C3G precedent for "receives one unblockable hit" on APOKOLIPTIAN WEAPONRY (Intergang Agents; Parademon Shock Troopers).

There are two instances of "unblockable wound" in C3G: on Marrow's SPIKE DEFENSE and Phantom Girl's PHASE DRAG. However, I believe those are not quite the correct convention since unblockable wound never occurs in Hasbro or WotC.

I have not done the research to try to figure out how they decided on "receives one wound" vs. "receives one unblockable hit"; I can only say with confidence that the mixed usage on Marrow and Phantom Girl was not used.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 20th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

I personally prefer "the attacking figure receives one wound" as opposed to using unblockable hit/wound.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old January 20th, 2015, 09:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I personally prefer "the attacking figure receives one wound" as opposed to using unblockable hit/wound.
Old January 20th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Old January 20th, 2015, 10:11 PM

I would generally prefer to stick with convention on something like this, but "receives one wound" seems cleaner and simpler, so I can roll with it. Any other thought on the wording?

Old January 21st, 2015, 02:43 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Any other thought on the wording?
There is an alternate (yet equivalent) approach that could avoid the inelegant "(not including the automatic shield)" patch:
PHOTONIC ENERGY SHIELD
After Commander Rogers rolls defense dice, choose one of the following:
  • add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled; or
  • if you roll any excess shields when defending against a normal attack from a figure within 5 clear sight spaces, the attacking figure receives one wound.
Not sure if it's better or worse; just offering the option for consideration. This tack basically recognizes the underlying either-or nature of the power's two separate benefits, and approaches it head-on.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old January 21st, 2015, 06:08 AM
Now moves with Flying.

That alters the intent. The intent is that the autoshield is always active.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library