Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 13th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Frost Giant of Morh

You would still get the bonus as you are only "attacking" again. You did not gain another turn with him. Compare this to the Venoc Vipers, which clearly state that you get to take another turn (as in different). So whatever bonus you begin with, you keep.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:50 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

true dat....jschild is correct.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
You would still get the bonus as you are only "attacking" again. You did not gain another turn with him. Compare this to the Venoc Vipers, which clearly state that you get to take another turn (as in different). So whatever bonus you begin with, you keep.
Ok, that's pretty much what I thought, fortunately it didn't seem to matter in any significant way in the game, but at least I'll know for next time.

Thanks,

- Raider30
Old August 23rd, 2011, 11:47 AM

hammer-head monkey Woo who?

This guy is awesome. He lets games unfold in ways that they never could before. For example, I was participating in a 3 player game, and towards the end, I had nothing but Isamu left. The other two players were having a slug-fest between the Frost Giant and Spartacus. Spartacus killed the giant, and the giant killed Spartacus with a dying swipe. I killed the remaining opponent's Otanoshi for the win. If it had been any other melee hero, Spartacus probably would have went on to massacre the 10-pointers.

The Evil Chicken claims that his motivation for becoming evil was to avenge all the chickens killed by humans, despite killing and eating them himself.
Old December 27th, 2011, 06:05 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Does the frost giant get the extra attack if he starts his turn next to an enemy castle door? i know it says if he starts the turn engaged he gets the extra attack, but after reading the castle door's rules and considering the door is controlled by the opponent i thought he might get the extra attack?

Last edited by Gardevoir; December 27th, 2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If The Frost Giant of Morh begins his turn engaged he may add 2 to his attack.

Figures can only be engaged with other figures, not Destructible Objects (regardless of whether or not said object is controlled).

So, if the Frost Giant begins his turn next to the door, he won't get the bonus. However, if there is an enemy figure engaged with the Troll he could use that +2 attack on the door.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Last edited by flameslayer93; December 27th, 2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: typo...
Old December 27th, 2011, 07:26 PM

Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker Gardevoir knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If The Frost Giant of Mohr begins his turn engaged he may add 2 to his attack.

Figures can only be engaged with other figures, not Destructible Objects (regardless of whether or not said object is controlled).

So, if the Frost Giant begins his turn next to the door, he won't get the bonus. However, if there is an enemy figure engaged with the Troll he could use that +2 attack on the door.
oh ok, thank you . i was kinda hoping he did get it though... he might then be able to actually take the door down.
Old August 18th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Does he get to use Battle Frenzy for Disengagement Attacks? The card isn't clear what sort of attacks he needs to be using to activate the power.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:07 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

A disengagement attack is not really considered an attack, so I would say no Battle Frenzy on a leaving engagement attack.
Old August 18th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

No, because a LEA is not an attack.

Old August 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I could go

Thanks gentlemen! I assumed as much, but it never hurts to ask.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 18th, 2015, 12:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnyFlame View Post
-Rulings and Clarifications-
Dying Swipe: When to activate
Q: Can I activate Dying Swipe on powers that inflict a wound or instantly destroy but are not normal attacks?
A: No, Dying Swipe can only activate when the Frost Giant of Morh is attacked by a normal attack and receives enough wounds to be destroyed. However, Dying Swipe can still hit those around him even if a non-adjacent figure is the one who attacked him.
Are Mortal Strike wounds from a MotH considered part of the normal attack, or a subsequent special power? if a MotH kills a FGoM with Mortal Strike, does Dying Swipe trigger?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units