Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old June 19th, 2015, 05:01 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
I'd like to give a thank you for helping me find the Civil War figures, they are very cool.

On the Blood of Gruumsh Dungeon Command set, it says you aren't using the Boar figure as of yet. I was thinking it would be cool to have a "pet" unit for Orc, Ogre or Giant heroes. It could be a nice simple unit to use as a filler for those armies, for something like 20-30 points
20 points would be perfect, as I seems most Orc builds come to around 480. On the other hand, it isn't always smart to make a unit around a point cost.
Old June 19th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not User Name View Post
Quote:
I'd like to give a thank you for helping me find the Civil War figures, they are very cool.

On the Blood of Gruumsh Dungeon Command set, it says you aren't using the Boar figure as of yet. I was thinking it would be cool to have a "pet" unit for Orc, Ogre or Giant heroes. It could be a nice simple unit to use as a filler for those armies, for something like 20-30 points
20 points would be perfect, as I seems most Orc builds come to around 480. On the other hand, it isn't always smart to make a unit around a point cost.
Just an idea, I will probably make a custom for him within the next few days if I get around to it, that way I have something to use the extra figure from that set for.
Old June 19th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Just an idea, I will probably make a custom for him within the next few days if I get around to it, that way I have something to use the extra figure from that set for.
If you want some ideas, check out the version I made a while ago.
Old June 19th, 2015, 05:55 PM

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you want some ideas, check out the version I made a while ago.
Basically what I was thinking, but since I figured most Orc heroes bond (and I don't have very many) I might extend it to encompass Ogres, or Trolls or something, someone who isn't very strong, or could use an extra attack.
Old June 20th, 2015, 05:52 PM

betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby! betawolf36 rolls all skulls baby!

Some sort of "animal" based faction could be started including the bison from the Native American set.
Old June 20th, 2015, 06:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That has Beastmaster written all over it.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 20th, 2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by betawolf36 View Post
Some sort of "animal" based faction could be started including the bison from the Native American set.
I believe the reason the Bison was not used was because it was the wrong scale.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 12:02 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Also in the battle for all time, I don't want to be they guy with Bufflo in my army. Really, bison are known as animals so easy to kill that we almost wiped them out by accident.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 22nd, 2015, 12:05 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Also in the battle for all time, I don't want to be they guy with Bufflo in my army. Really, bison are known as animals so easy to kill that we almost wiped them out by accident.
Wasn't it partially on purpose at least? I thought they were trying to force the plains Indians to move so they could do a railroad through those states along with settlers coming in, so they tried to wipe out their food source.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old June 22nd, 2015, 01:03 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That has Beastmaster written all over it.
It's too bad we don't have some kind of attribute on the cards that separates the fully rational, sentient, human-thinking creatures from the conceptual beasts. I don't imagine we'll ever see any kind of animal-dominion special power that says "Choose one adjacent Arachnid, Doggin, Dragon, Fiantooth, Gryphillin, Hydra, Insect, Nagrub, Wulsinu, Wyvern...." The list would quickly become incomplete, and even just drawing the line for Wolves would be hard: I'd totally expect any kind of beastmaster worth his salt to be able to have some dominion over the Wolves of Badru, but probably not the Varkaanans. And then we have to think about Hybrids, the Chimera....

Unfortunately, Heroscape was just not built to allow this kind of distinction to be made at a high level.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old June 22nd, 2015, 04:15 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_a_Bill View Post
Unfortunately, Heroscape was just not built to allow this kind of distinction to be made at a high level.
I disagree. I think what you mean is that "Heroscape was just not built to allow this kind of distinction to be made at a high level in a way that should be added to the canon for all games for all time."

I think this is a great scenario/occasional/house-rule sort of idea, and Heroscape is built perfectly for such things. Great customs and canon-suitable customs overlap, sure, but they're not identical categories.

I might even dig up my Unsaintly Customs (i.e. non-canonisable) thread and give something a whirl.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 04:56 PM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
I think what you mean is that "Heroscape was just not built to allow this kind of distinction to be made at a high level in a way that should be added to the canon"
Well, I guess that's kinda what I would mean if you want to take my statement outside the scope of the C3V Suggestions thread. Within the thread, though, I do think what I said is still accurate. C3V is all about the continuation of the canon, and I certainly wouldn't expect to see a C3V beastmaster character whose shtick was mastery over all existing "animals." The design of the game would not allow that in a cleanly publishable, canony way, just as it would not allow us to create (for example) an effect that cleanly targets only male figures, or only female figures. Heroscape's design structure simply was not built to store that data for every figure (this is not a criticism, just a fact; they had to draw the line somewhere!), and that's really all I meant by my statement.

Outside of canon, I agree with you that we can do whatever we want. Male/female distinctions, a special power that weakens Unique Human Heroes who thematically come from broken homes, RANGE +1 for all figures who have either yellow hair or ripped pants of awesomeness ... the sky's the limit. But maybe not in this thread.

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs