Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 13th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Calida added 11/1!

Added to my collection, looks like a solid map without pretention.

Good job.

Old November 13th, 2014, 02:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Added to my collection, looks like a solid map without pretention.

Good job.
This might be my proudest day on this site.... I got unsolicited praise from Foudzing!

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Let me know if you find any issues while playing on it.
Old November 19th, 2014, 08:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Calida updated!

PDF
@dok @Foudzing @Kinseth

Any thoughts on the new version? there's significantly more cover with the inculsion of ruins, but they aren't in the easiest or best position. The sand hill outside the start zone has been expanded, but significantly flattened and screened so that it isn't as much of a high point.

And the start zones are a bit more incorporated into the map in this iteration, so they don't just out so awkwardly.
Old November 20th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Calida updated 11/19!

Way better, I don't see any problem at first glance.

Old November 23rd, 2014, 05:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Maps -- If You Close Your Eyes... added 11/2

If You Close Your Eyes... build intructions. It uses 1 RoTV and 1 BtFU, with 2 random treasure glyphs and Wannok.

This map uses bilateral symmetry instead of the standard rotational symmetry. It's a challenge to design that way, but it leads to some cool design techniques. On this map, the height is all concentrated on one side, but towards the bottom are the glyphs, including Wannok to discourage turtling.

The random glyphs are treasure glyphs with the following trap:

TELEKINETIC SACRIFICE
Choose any figure. Roll between 1 and 3 unblockable attack dice against that figure. For each die rolled in that way, place one wound marker on the figure that is on this glyph.

Last edited by superfrog; November 23rd, 2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2014, 06:35 PM

machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker machinekng knows what's in an order marker

Very nice maps! I love how Calida looks (it'll probably be the first map I'll build when I get back to my Heroscape tiles in December) and the other maps all look fun too. It's great to see new mapmakers coming into their prime.
Old February 7th, 2015, 05:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

I made some long-needed updates to the OP. Minor changes have been made to Asphalt Cocktail (switching a dungeon hex with an concrete hex) and Soaring Leap (switching a battlement for a ladder) to match their online boards. Second Sight was heavily modified, again to match the online board. And the online board for Calida was finally updated to the revised version that's been in the OP for a while.

I hope to have a new map coming soon!
Old February 8th, 2015, 03:05 AM
This is merely a joke.

Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Lots of Edits 2/7

New Map! This is my first time working with a Swarm of the Marro set (I don't own one, actually). It's a fun challenge, though, and this one turned out pretty nicely, in my opinion. It also looks cool, so I'm pretty proud of this one.

Hush... build instructions. It uses 1 SoTM, 1 FoTA, and 1 TJ, with 1 random glyph.
Old February 11th, 2015, 01:36 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Superfrog's Maps -- Hush... added 2/8

Might you want to push the glyphs back at least one space on Calida? Let's set aside how much easier it is for ranged units to hit the left hand glyph-holder. In the current position, the left glyph is 11 walking spaces/8 flying spaces, while the right glyph is 12 walking/10 flying. Just sliding the glyph back one spot makes it 11/9 to the left glyph and 11/9 to the right. It also means that melee can get height on the right hand glyph by running up your end of the map, as opposed to needing to swing around on the road.
Old February 11th, 2015, 01:43 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I really like alot of things about this map, but the glyph placement is very worrisome for me. 11 spaces for a ground based unit to get there feels like a real far way to walk. I'd prefer to see it 10 spaces for ground units, most ground units can move 5 spaces a turn. Investing 3 turns to get a glyph for most, seems like a lot.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 11th, 2015, 01:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

@Kinseth @dok I see a way I can make it 10 spaces to each. I'll do some tinkering.
Old February 11th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
11 spaces for a ground based unit to get there feels like a real far way to walk. I'd prefer to see it 10 spaces for ground units, most ground units can move 5 spaces a turn.
Which is why Rats love glyphs that are 11-12 spaces away; they can grab them in 2 rounds, meaning they often win the race to them, even when they lose the first initiative.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios