Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 18th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Cathar Spearmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
*shrug*

Probably just time to create a power on another army card that grants immunity. Something like:

Nimble Blessing
All figures you control can not receive wounds while they are taking a turn.

Fold, spindle, mutilate, whatever. If these guys could use a counter, then I fully expect C3V to come up with a counter at some point.

~Aldin, arms racingly
Well, there are units that can beat them. It's just no matter what, they have beast stats. I guess I just have to embrace the d20... I hate luck, which is why I use Chomp (that is seriously 25% of the reason why I like Gruts, so I can kill no matter what the rolls).
Old December 18th, 2014, 05:36 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Bonds That Tie

Honestly, bonding squads are a pretty good counter because the bonding hero can absorb the wounds and now the squaddies can kill them since they don't get their spear if they're engaged. dok's Viking suicide build is probably one of the hardest counters out there since you WANT the Vikings to die and getting your opponent to kill them is one of the harder parts of Viking builds. Pretty much every bonding squad has someone they can use to pick them apart. They're good but hardly unbeatable or uncounterable. It's melee squads that rely on their defense that really hate these guys (Minions, Sentinels, Warforged).

~Dysole, who spent way too long trying to figure out what the DND equivalent weapon would be before realizing there's a longspear with reach
Old December 18th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Yeah, these guys are tough. Annoyingly so if you can't really counter them, and throwing a cheerleader at them probably isn't a good idea much of the time. I think they just gave ranged units a little boost in playability, which is fine.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 18th, 2014, 05:58 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

You could probably kill them with a 4th/Charos build. Charos flies in and engages a few, while 4th camp out. Bonding could work, as long as the hero could take a couple puncture wounds.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

"Range is for little girls." -QFT
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:10 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
The implication being that girls are cowards?
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Sherman, don't try to analyze it. That is a classic quote spoken by the greatest HeroScape player ever.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:18 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sherman, don't try to analyze it. That is a classic quote spoken by the greatest HeroScape player ever.
Gee, I guess that makes it okay, then. I hear the second greatest Heroscape player ever used to say that only colored people use Raelin; he must have been right.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; December 18th, 2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: By the way, "don't try to analyze it" is pretty much like saying, "stop using your brain," which is rarely good advice.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
I dunno, sounds to me like the implication should be that girls are smart.

~Aldin, if range is for little girls then I need a sex change and the fountain of youth pronto

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
I'm not saying get rid of Reach, I'm saying make it more powerful to attack adjacent than from 2 away to add a lot more strategy.
Do you know how spears work? It's a long pole. It's a thrusting weapon. It works best at long range. In close quarters, especially with a shield, it is cumbersome. That's why in real close battles a knife is favored over a sword; more maneuverability. (And it part why a Roman Gladius was such a great weapon in its time.
Did you skip the rest of the thread? Hmm? Cuz I'm pretty sure this is where the whole reality check came into play...

-Orc, noting this endless circle he seems to have gotten himself in.
Yes, I have read the whole thread. And I cannot understand your argument here. I could completely understand if you had a problem with the Braced Spears % roll or their price, but having a problem with what makes a spear a spear doesn't make sense to me. You're trying to invert where the strength of a spear lies; at long distance. It's weaker and largely inefficient in melee. As to the sculpt itself, yeah the reach doesn't quite reach two spaces, but figures like Giants who should have reach don't, even if it's thematic for both.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not saying get rid of Reach, I'm saying make it more powerful to attack adjacent than from 2 away to add a lot more strategy.
Do you know how spears work? It's a long pole. It's a thrusting weapon. It works best at long range. In close quarters, especially with a shield, it is cumbersome. That's why in real close battles a knife is favored over a sword; more maneuverability. (And it part why a Roman Gladius was such a great weapon in its time.
Did you skip the rest of the thread? Hmm? Cuz I'm pretty sure this is where the whole reality check came into play...

Yes, I have read the whole thread. And I cannot understand your argument here. I could completely understand if you had a problem with the Braced Spears % roll or their price, but having a problem with what makes a spear a spear doesn't make sense to me. You're trying to invert where the strength of a spear lies; at long distance. It's weaker and largely inefficient in melee. As to the sculpt itself, yeah the reach doesn't quite reach two spaces, but figures like Giants who should have reach don't, even if it's thematic for both.
Well I believe I've stated before that I disliked other aspects of them. Many times, I believe. But I went from a different perspective than the other two times.
Old December 18th, 2014, 06:36 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:

You proposed that it would be better for them to get extra attack in melee because spears are traditionally better when used at a distance?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs