Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 16th, 2019, 03:26 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Boot Camp of Valhalla Design Thread

Well met!

ULLAR’S BATTLE DANCE
After a figure you control that follows Ullar rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may move a figure you control that is within 8 clear sight spaces of [elf hero] up to 4 spaces.

Upon reflection, I’m with Lazy. This and Warlord work for me.
Old January 16th, 2019, 06:00 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It looks like there's significant support for both warlord and for a non-warlord class. Of those options, Queen seems the most appropriate to me--perhaps a Queen of a destroyed elf civilization distinct from the Ashra to justify her differences and lack of synergy with them. That said, the choice of which alternate class to go with is not as important as the choice between warlord or not warlord at the moment. I don't personally feel like Warlord is a thematic issue, as it's a fairly general class that could easy fit most thematic directions we could take, so it's a matter of what kind of unit we want to make.

I'm tempted to hold a poll on this, but I'll hold off for just a bit to make sure the sides are clearly defined and I'm not missing any options. We could also call for design drafts for each direction, so that people could get a better sense of what they represent. I think previous boot camps did something similar.
Old January 16th, 2019, 08:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

All that really matters is what the SoV will accept.
Old January 16th, 2019, 08:05 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Everybody seems worried about what the SoV will accept. I think there's really only one thing you have to stay away from, which is clunky activation synergy. As long as you're not slapping some double reverse bonding thing on the card, I think any of the recently suggested lanes is a good one to take.
Old January 16th, 2019, 09:58 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not totally in love with Queen, but I'll choose it over Warlord probably. I still stand by the idea that Warlord doesn't feel like a very Elf-y class and personally I don't feel a huge need for more connective tissue between Elves and Snakes. (although I have no real problem with it)

I'm still for a Hunter that feels like a wolf stalking her prey, but I get the feeling that's a losing battle. Here's what I would do for that though.
Quote:
STALKING ADVANCE
At the start of the game, you may choose one opponent's Unique Hero to be Wolfrider's Prey. When a numbered Order Marker is revealed on the Prey's card, you may immediately move Wolfrider up to 3 spaces. When moving with Stalking Advance, Wolfrider is never attacked when leaving engagements.

DOUBLE ASSAULT
When Wolfrider attacks an adjacent figure or destructible object, she may attack one additional time.

SNOW AND ICE ENHANCED MOVEMENT
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.
I think the concept of a giant wolf doesn't mesh too well with the term Battle Dance but it's not really a dealbreaker to me.

One final point; If we do go with a Queen from another civilization on Feylund (or anything in that vein) , I'd really rather not have that civilization be destroyed. I think the idea of another remote group of Elves is really cool and having them start off destroyed seems like a real waste of potential. I guess it doesn't really matter with Heroscape's ability to draw from all of time though.
Old January 16th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Queen from the past sounds awesome. Boudicca is a great source of inspiration here.
I like that power set Nobody but I liked the movement power more than any of those.
Old January 17th, 2019, 11:16 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

ULLAR’S BATTLE DANCE
After a figure you control that follows Ullar rolls defense dice against a normal attack, you may move a figure you control that is within 8 clear sight spaces of [elf hero] up to 4 spaces.

This could work with any Class. I like the name, but agree it could be better. Dancing Queen? Queen of Battle? Call to Battle? Ullar's Call?

If we eschew Warlord, I’d give it more bite by adding “13” to the name and adding the following to the text: “If the figure moved by UBD 13 ends its movement adjacent to an opponent’s figure, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, the opponent’s figure receives a wound.”

If we eschew a ranged Special, and SoV approves, I still like Double Assault best.

To finish, I’d add some sort of defensive power like Enraged Strike.

More brainstorming . . .

Natural Blind
If [Elf hero] begins her turn unengaged and adjacent to an Evergreen or Jungle Bush [or on a Snow space], after moving and before attacking with her normal attack, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound.

Third Eye
All Wizards with Range 4 or higher within 4 spaces of [Elf hero] add 2 to their Range.

Wizards' Defender
If a Wizard within 4 spaces of [Elf hero] is attacked by an opponent's figure with a normal attack by an adjacent figure, you may move [Elf hero] adjacent to that opponent's figure and roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, the opponent's figure receives a wound. [Elf hero] will take any leaviing engagement attacks when using Wizard's Defender.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 17th, 2019 at 01:24 PM. Reason: More stuff, refining
Old January 18th, 2019, 07:45 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Alright, I think now is a good time to call a vote here. Here are the two options:

Option A: Warlord (Bonds with Romans and Armocs)

Option B: Non-warlord class (Queen, Hunter, Champion, Guard, ect)

To prevent the necessity of another thread for polling purposes, please just make a post in this thread containing either A or B in bold text. I'll keep track of votes until Wednesday 1/23, which should be enough time for everyone who has an interest to weigh in.
Old January 18th, 2019, 07:48 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm going to go A

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 18th, 2019, 07:59 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll say A as well.
Old January 18th, 2019, 08:01 PM

Well met!

A

Old January 18th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Gotta go B

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards