Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 27th, 2014, 03:18 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-vile's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Why is his Melee Attack 4?
Quote:
A normal melee attack of 4 is so fighting in melee with Jeb is worthwhile.
The mini has a stun baton as well as a firearm of some sort. He uses a combination of the two in melee (pistol whip + whack with stun baton).
Old January 27th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Arch-Vile's Customs

The thing I noticed most about Jeb is that he's really well-rounded. He's potentially a cheerleader, defender, special attacker (with range!), and menacer. His weakest point is mediocre attack power, but still good for a 70pt hero. Overall, I suspect his well-rounded usefulness, especially for Maeridians, will prove that 70pts is on the low side. But otherwise, I like the design.
Old January 27th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'd be hesitant about the Move Enhancement but your point about Acolarh is a good one. Keep in mind that Acolarh sort of (read: definitely) sucks in most contexts, though, outside of that static boost, while with this guy it's icing on the cake of a fairly solid special attacker.

I don't think he's broken but I definitely think he's undercosted - careful testing and he should work fine, though.

(One possibility - make the move boost +1 for Aquilla units and +2 for Aquilla Mariedians?)

Also, I'd suggest switching his class to Leader, Commander, or even Champion. Heroscape tends to avoid specific military designations as classes (Sgt. Drake and Capt. Varan both being Soldiers). Also, the Mariedians tend to be more ramshackle in nature (being Fighters rather than Soldiers), so, a less formal title would probably suit him. Of course Jarek Guy is a Soldier and he seems likely to pass through the SoV so that last point might not be worth the internet-ink it's posted with.
Old January 27th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Thanks guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The thing I noticed most about Jeb is that he's really well-rounded. He's potentially a cheerleader, defender, special attacker (with range!), and menacer. His weakest point is mediocre attack power, but still good for a 70pt hero. Overall, I suspect his well-rounded usefulness, especially for Maeridians, will prove that 70pts is on the low side. But otherwise, I like the design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'd be hesitant about the Move Enhancement but your point about Acolarh is a good one. Keep in mind that Acolarh sort of (read: definitely) sucks in most contexts, though, outside of that static boost, while with this guy it's icing on the cake of a fairly solid special attacker.

I don't think he's broken but I definitely think he's undercosted - careful testing and he should work fine, though.

(One possibility - make the move boost +1 for Aquilla units and +2 for Aquilla Mariedians?)
Good points both. I hadn't considered how much of a jack-of-all-trades this makes Jeb (or rather, I had considered it, but did not fully recognize his potential if he does all of that at once). I'll keep it in mind for the next tests, with a plan to raise Jeb back to 80 at least. It's better for a unit to be a little overcosted than a little undercosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Also, I'd suggest switching his class to Leader, Commander, or even Champion. Heroscape tends to avoid specific military designations as classes (Sgt. Drake and Capt. Varan both being Soldiers). Also, the Mariedians tend to be more ramshackle in nature (being Fighters rather than Soldiers), so, a less formal title would probably suit him. Of course Jarek Guy is a Soldier and he seems likely to pass through the SoV so that last point might not be worth the internet-ink it's posted with.
Good suggestion. Leader is only used on Migol; it's a good class to reuse here and reinforces the theme of the movement bonus.
Old January 27th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

NVG is actually a little more tricky than it looks. How does it interact with Shadow Masters, for example?

I would change it to:

NIGHT VISION GOGGLES
During Jeb Vandalay's turn, all shadow spaces are considered to be rock spaces.

You could go dungeon if you wanted, but I think rock is better. The cool thing about this change is it negates all shadow bonuses, including Shadow Masters, Hide in Darkness, and Lurk in Shadows (although that has no affect on Jeb).

Old January 28th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Archie

That's a good idea AU, though I'm worried that will cause trouble too; I don't know of any powers that turn one terrain into another except the Greater Ice Elemental. Nothing problematic comes to mind, it just feels non-canonical.

I'll give it some thought.
Old January 28th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
That's a good idea AU, though I'm worried that will cause trouble too; I don't know of any powers that turn one terrain into another except the Greater Ice Elemental. Nothing problematic comes to mind, it just feels non-canonical.

I'll give it some thought.
Mika can permanently turn anything into Shadow spaces.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 28th, 2014, 05:18 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

This is one of the times I wish there was such a thing as 'normal land spaces' so this power could be:

When Jeb Vandalay attacks a figure on a shadow space, it is considered to be a normal land space.
Old June 2nd, 2014, 09:30 PM
Archie

Hello all! Following the lead of some other customs creators, I've been working on a full wave of my customs to release, with full Army Cards instead of plain text. This wave is designed to fit in classic'scape seamlessly, unlike many of my other customs.

Wave AV1
Booster 1: Heroes of a Simpler Time, part 1
Tarmikos - Utgar unique hero
Farthenfur - Ullar unique hero
Leebu - Jandar unique hero
Rorken - Vydar unique hero

Booster 2: Heroes of a Simpler Time, part 2
Non Rastche - Vydar unique hero
Jhouse - Einar unique hero
Varlioc - Utgar unique hero
Dev Jansen - Aquilla unique hero

Booster 3: Crawlers and Fighters
J-05 Resistance Squadron - Aquilla common squad (3)
Peacekeeper of Rand - Jandar common hero
Crawlers of Lolth - Utgar common squad (4)

Booster 4: Warriors of Another Age
Vounari - Aquilla unique hero
Kawmac Slavers - Einar unique squad (2)
Scylos - Aquilla unique hero

First up are the Heroes of a Simpler Time boosters. Remember the first time you opened Rise of the Valkyrie and played a game of Heroscape? Back then units only had one or two powers, yet still were thematic and a lot of fun to play. So, I set out to design a bunch of Unique Heroes with only one special power. This forced me to exercise restraint and develop new, clever power ideas rather than mix two or three old things together. Here is the first of that set: an angry hybrid from Arctorus.

The miniature used is a Ugnaught Droid Destroyer figure from Star Wars: Imperial Entanglements.

I based Rorken off of Rocket Raccoon from Marvel comics. Rorken has been cruelly experimented on, taken apart and put back together. He's the only intelligent being of his race due to this experimentation, so he doesn't really fit in anywhere. He is happiest when disintegrating things, making Rorken a dangerous opponent to Zombies, Vikings (spirits), Marro Dividers, etc. Since disintegrated figures are never destroyed, they cannot be rebirthed by any means. This makes Rorken a nice counter-draft or simply a good filler in a Werewolf Lord army.

Last edited by Arch-vile; August 25th, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:01 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Arch-vile's customs: Presenting Wave AV1!

I really like the idea of your "Simpler Time" booster. I find that cards having only one power yet giving out a powerfull sense of thematic are masterchief pieces ! I'm looking forward to see the others !
Old June 3rd, 2014, 09:38 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Nice looking design, Arch-Vile! Would it be a problem to ask if you could list the figures used for your customs? That way people interested in using them could actually pick up the figure.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 3rd, 2014, 11:40 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool idea for a set. It's a neat constraint and restrictions breed creativity sometimes.

Rorken himself is a good start at this. People may need to do a double take to understand the difference between destroying and removing, but it stands as a nice thematic idea as soon as you're past that hurdle. I like seeing the little bit of extra range on his normal attack, though I have trouble imagining him using that in most cases. He is a bit fragile, but I suppose that balances out with his offensive potential.

Very cool unit overall. I look forward to seeing more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards