Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 10th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: Book of Bouncing Boy - Design Phase

Game mechanics > theme

I can agree to SS

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fair enough. The only hesitation I have is I'm not sure if it'd be right for him to throw a car, etc. . . .

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2012, 05:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Fair enough. The only hesitation I have is I'm not sure if it'd be right for him to throw a car, etc. . . .
I can see him doing this by going under the car & quickly inflating.
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:08 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. All I needed was a justification.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 10th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I can see him doing this by going under the car & quickly inflating.
That's exactly what I was going to suggest.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 10th, 2012, 07:34 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

SP updated, sending to ERB.
Old October 11th, 2012, 02:05 AM

ERB responses...

From Margloth:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Cool writeup!
From Davidlhsl:
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Bouncing Boy

I checked to see what the mini looks like. Wow.

Ballistic Special Attack
I had to read this a couple of times to wrap my head around this. Let me try to break this down:

+ He can’t attack before moving.
+ Each attack in the same turn adds +1: 4, 5, etc.
+ Each attack after the first requires moving 2 or more spaces. Since he has a move of 5, the most he can attack is Move 1/Attack 4/Move 2/Attack 5/Move 2/Attack 6.
+ I think he is only exempt from leaving engagement attacks directly after moving away when he made one of his attacks, but he can take them during the other portions of his movement that don’t follow directly after one of the attacks. So let’s assume he’s engaged throughout the movement in the previous example with yes=can be affected by engagement attacks/no=can’t take engagement attacks: Move 1 (yes) / Attack 4 / Move 1 (no) / Move 1 (yes) / Attack 5 / Move 1(no) / Move 1 (yes) / Attack 6.

Probably needs to say “Add 1 die to each subsequent attack” (or “Add 1 additional die” ?).

Bounce
This is fun, and reminds me of C3G’s Spider-Man’s Web Swing 2. Since his Special Attack indicates it is used during normal move, I assume you can’t use both Bounce and Ballistic. Would you need to call this Bounce 2 similar to Web Swing 2?

Final Thoughts
Here’s a design with a definite spring in its step. If I interpreted Ballistic correctly, then the wording probably covers the bases despite needing careful reading to break it down.
Old October 11th, 2012, 03:25 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think you missed most of my ERB response. Can't blame you, I did it a little differently than normal. I'll post it here in case you did miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n
The latest LOSH member for your reviewing pleasure.
Quote:
NAME = BOUNCING BOY

SECRET IDENTITY = CHARLES TAINE

SPECIES = METAHUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LEGIONNAIRE
PERSONALITY = LOYAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5 (have to double check the height)

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = .

BALLISTIC SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 4 + special.
Bouncing Boy can only use Ballistic Special Attack if he moves 1 or more spaces. Bouncing Boy may use his Ballistic Special Attack at any point during or after his normal move as long as he is on a space where he could end his move. After attacking with Ballistic Special Attack, Bouncing Boy may continue attacking using Ballistic Special Attack if he moves more than 1 space each time. Add one to each subsequent attack Bouncing Boy makes (Should this be: Roll 1 addititional additional attack die for each subsequent attack?). Bouncing Boy may not attack the same figure more than once this turn and Bouncing Boy never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving after using Ballistic Special Attack.

I think your intention is that this special attack can be used only when moving with his normal move (not using Bounce, right?) Honestly it's a bit confusing right now. I think I would change the order of the wording so that the "BB can use this special attack at any point during or after his normal move" first, and the "only if he moved at least 1 space" second, so it's more clear that it can only happen during his normal move. I'll spitball wording:

BALLISTIC SPECIAL ATTACK
Bouncing Boy may use his Ballistic Special Attack at any point during or after his normal move as long as he moved at least one space and is on a space where he could end his move. After attacking with Ballistic Special Attack, Bouncing Boy may continue attacking using Ballistic Special Attack if he moves more than 1 space each time. Roll 1 additional attack die for each subsequent attack. Bouncing Boy may not attack the same figure more than once this turn and Bouncing Boy never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving after using Ballistic Special Attack.

The wording's still a bit confusing to me because let's say he uses it after space 5 of his move. It kind of reads like he can still use it and keep moving one space after each attack. Is that correct? If not (and maybe I'm being too picky here), you might need to look at re-working.

BOUNCE
Instead of his normal move, Bouncing Boy may use his Bounce. Bounce has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Bouncing Boy's Bounce movement, ignore elevations. Bouncing Boy may bounce over water without stopping, bounce over figures without becoming engaged, and bounce over obstacles such as ruins. Bouncing Boy may not Bounce more than 30 levels up in a single Bounce. When using Bounce, Bouncing Boy will take any leaving engagement attacks. After using Bounce, you may use it two additional times.

Cool! It's a bit weird that he doesn't have Flying as a LOSH member though. It's also a bit weird that when he's going ballistic with his SA, he's still bound by normal walking rules, and can't (easily) vector off an opponent and up a level without taking a hit to movement.

SUPER STRENGTH
Cheers
Adrian
Cool writeup!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old October 11th, 2012, 10:43 AM

To clear up the special attack, I think we ought to go with the tried and true "instead of moving and attacking normally" approach, and give him disengage for any movement with the power.

Old October 11th, 2012, 03:56 PM

ERB from Porkins:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Oops, I accidentally hit submit on that last message.

If Bouncing Boy is on a road...(wait does C3G use the road movement bonus rules???)...then he potentially gets to attack seven times with 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and then 10 dice? Or without the road bonus, he gets four attacks using 4, 5, 6, and 7 dice. That's a heckuva lot of dice for one OM. We've got a somewhat similar power on Han Solo over in HoSS and we're presently working on how to limit it so that it's not overpowered. At present, the power is pretty much the same, except that his attack is fixed at 2 dice. But then with road bonus and Chewbacca bonus (+2 move) it's probably getting out of hand.

Good old Web Swing 2. What a great change that was for Spider-Man.
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:13 PM

It was meant that he had to move 2 spaces after each attack ( if he moves more than 1 space each time) but I was thinking that we should let him use Bounce as his movement & take out the "normal move" part. I also don't think using the "instead of attacking & moving normally" is going to help here.

How's this then:
Quote:
BALLISTIC SPECIAL ATTACK
Bouncing Boy may use his Ballistic Special Attack at any point during or after his move as long as he is on a space where he could end his move and he has moved at least one space. After attacking with Ballistic Special Attack, Bouncing Boy may continue attacking using Ballistic Special Attack if he has moved 2 or more spaces before each attack. Roll 1 additional attack die for each subsequent attack. Bouncing Boy may not attack the same figure more than once this turn and Bouncing Boy never takes leaving engagement attacks when moving after using this attack.
Old October 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM

Still going to say I vastly prefer the "instead of moving or attacking normally" approach. The concern raised by Porkins about the road bonus makes me think this way even more. It should be a static movement, not one you can add to in order to increase the power level of the attack that far.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library