Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 9th, 2022, 04:25 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Suggestions for the C3V

Another example for an earth elemental hero would be "Improved Underground Movement"
Essentially the same as the power the regular earth elementals have but it can travel 2 extra spaces if the movement begins and ends on a sand or rock tile
Old March 19th, 2022, 12:35 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know C3V rarely does scenario-specific designs, but I'd love to see the Ogre Battering Ram given a power specifically about breakable terrain. Either extra attack dice or a D20 or something. The kind of power that would rarely see play outside of a "storm the castle" scenario, but would make such scenarios much more interesting given how unreasonably strong the fortress door is (although I've modified the fortress door for home games this would still help)
Old March 20th, 2022, 08:39 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
I know C3V rarely does scenario-specific designs, but I'd love to see the Ogre Battering Ram given a power specifically about breakable terrain. Either extra attack dice or a D20 or something. The kind of power that would rarely see play outside of a "storm the castle" scenario, but would make such scenarios much more interesting given how unreasonably strong the fortress door is (although I've modified the fortress door for home games this would still help)
Wholeheartedly agree. Terrain-specific units are part of Heroscape's DNA (Dzu-Teh, Dumutef & Obsidian Guards, Eilan Sidhe). What are destructible objects but explodable terrain?

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old March 21st, 2022, 11:28 AM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Wholeheartedly agree. Terrain-specific units are part of Heroscape's DNA (Dzu-Teh, Dumutef & Obsidian Guards, Eilan Sidhe). What are destructible objects but explodable terrain?
Agreed. Similar story for other niche/tech units that interact with trees, shadow, swamp, and treasure glyphs. There's plenty of precedent.
Old March 21st, 2022, 11:51 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What’s the chance of convincing the C3V to make a unique squad/ uncommon heroes out of the buffalo from the makwa pack? I know they said they were to small but has anyone considered they could be juvenile buffalo?

This is a copy paste of a message I sent to Dysole, I hope the wording doesn’t come across as to harsh

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by William099; March 22nd, 2022 at 12:33 AM.
Old March 25th, 2022, 03:12 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
What’s the chance of convincing the C3V to make a unique squad/ uncommon heroes out of the buffalo from the makwa pack? I know they said they were to small but has anyone considered they could be juvenile buffalo?

This is a copy paste of a message I sent to Dysole, I hope the wording doesn’t come across as to harsh

I personally hope they don't. I thought miniature quality of the buffalo was very poor. I threw mine away.
Old March 30th, 2022, 06:39 PM

Phandangler is surprisingly tart

This makes me very happy. Always wanted to be able to play the lawman and outlaws in a competitive way
Old March 31st, 2022, 09:34 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phandangler View Post
This makes me very happy. Always wanted to be able to play the lawman and outlaws in a competitive way
Yup! Clayton just passed! Btw, saw you're a Louisvillian lmk if you'd be up for a game sometime
Old March 31st, 2022, 02:00 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a suggestion that may be controversial since it would change how something has always been done.

I've recently been catching up my collection on the flood of new C3V and SOV designs, so I've been printing a lot of cards and cutting out a lot of cards. I have them professionally printed on cardstock, both front and back. I end up with cards that are almost impossible to tell the difference between original and VC customs. I say almost because inevitably there is a very slight shift between front and back so that the back is just off center. Not really a big deal, but the red cut lines end up showing up on one side of the back side.

My suggestion - Can you stop putting the red cut lines on the back (basic version) of the card? I'd imagine most folks are like myself and cut out the front and hope for the best on the back. There is enough overlap of background that the slight offset would be even more unnoticeable. The presence of the red line is what makes it stand out the most. I can't imagine anybody printing and cutting out a stand-alone basic version, which would be the only real reason for having cut lines on it.

Thoughts?
Old March 31st, 2022, 02:17 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I've done front and back prints too, and they never line up just right. I'm not sure why the original cards had the cut lines on the basic side, but we've continued to put it there as a result. Since the red line is only on the edge of the card, you could take an image of the edge of the card without the redline, and just put it over the basic side to fix this. As for whether we'll officially stop putting it on the back, I don't personally mind, but it will have to be discussed internally.
Old March 31st, 2022, 02:52 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I know I left off the lines for the ScapeCon cards and that was successful. I would support that for C3V cards as well, but it's up to our Art guys I guess.

Good suggestion!
Old March 31st, 2022, 03:11 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I would also advocate for bmon's suggestion. No lines on the back really made the Scapecon cards much cleaner.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs