Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old December 9th, 2007, 08:34 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
Good point, Necro. And, yes, peter, I'm often on the site before I head off to the church.
Your mean your other church?
Old December 9th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Good point, Necro. And, yes, peter, I'm often on the site before I head off to the church.
I didn't mean that with any disrespect. I just got a kick about it. I was doing the same thing.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM

Starflyer Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflyer
Question concerning the pit trap: Can a figure with "carry" carry a figure out of the pit trap? It appears from the wording on the glyph that the trapped figure has to move him/herself off the glyph, but I'm thinking you can make a case for the figure with Carry to free the trapped figure.
Glyphs of Proftaka (Pit Trap)
You figure is trapped. The trapped figure cannot move from this space. The figure can move off the Glyph of Proftaka only if a friendly figure occupies an adjacent space.

Wouldn't it be true that the figure doing the carrying would need to be adjacent to the figure to be carried, thereby fulfilling the requirements for freeing it from the trap anyway?

Note: summoning does NOT work to free a figure.
Warning: the carrying figure must stay adjacent to the pit trap to carry the other figure out. Since you do not move the figure on the trap until after the carrying figure moves, if the carrying figure moves away, you will no longer be able to move out of the trap.

Even though, logically, it should still work.
So, Theracus could have used Carry to pull the figure out as long as he is adjacent to the figure/pit?

-Joseph

Life isn't symmetrical
Old December 10th, 2007, 09:18 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh
Quote:
I didn't mean that with any disrespect. I just got a kick about it. I was doing the same thing.
Oh, I didn't take it with any disrespect, either!
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:24 PM

thezandcshow has disabled reputation
There should be Bonus Glyphs for Wave 9. I doubt there'll be any in Defenders of Kinsland after seeing the packaging from that old thread made by Dr. Weirdscaper...
Oh well...

Do I really need a signature?
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:33 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflyer
So, Theracus could have used Carry to pull the figure out as long as he is adjacent to the figure/pit?
Correct.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 26th, 2008, 12:55 PM

Goatart has disabled reputation
glyph of valda

Ok, I'm utterly new to this game (in fact I will be officially playing my first game tonight) and had a question I think I know the answer to but just wanted verification.

The glyph of valda means that minus the figure on the actual glyph all the characters I control now have +2 move?

I think that's right...

And as a P.S. I'm very excited about this game, I'm new to war/boardgames like this, have always been fascinated, and I'm glad this website is so informative/helpful/and from what I've seen in threads checked out thus far, very sincere. Thank you.

A bearcat and mimosas and a view of arcady

Jump on the good ship.
Old January 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Welcome to the site, Goatart!

You are correct. Sort of. The figure on the glyph of Valda has +2 move (only while not moving ) also, but would lose that bonus as soon as it left the glyph. A figure on the glyph of Astrid (for example) has +1 attack while standing on the glyph (as do your other figs).

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old January 26th, 2008, 02:16 PM

Riight okay that's what I figured. When I first approached the concept of the glyphs I immediately (I mean, prior to even reading about what they were) thought of them as singular to whoever was on it.

So when I read that the +2 can't be used by the figure on it if he/she moves...I thought...okay...

And then, when I read that for all the glyphs (minus maybe some I haven't come across yet) all your figures get enhanced...I thought...whoa...too good to be true...better clarify this...lol. But no, glyphs are just really awesome.

Thanks for the help.

Jump on the good ship.
Old January 26th, 2008, 02:27 PM

oops

Actually I have one more question concerning these elusive glyphs.

There's the whole spiel in the rules about symbol side up and power side up. If you land on it symbol side up you stop, turn it over, and powers take effect immediately. If you land on it power side up you stop.

Why is it that the Kelda can never be symbol side up in a match?

What's really the difference between stopping and turning it over and just stopping on it already turned over anyway?

Jump on the good ship.
Old January 26th, 2008, 06:03 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
The only difference is that you don't know if you really want that glyph. The reason that the glyph of Kelda never gets placed symbol side up is that it can only be used by wounded unique heroes. Squad figs and unique heroes that aren't wounded can't stop on the glyph. If you didn't know that it was there, it would be wasted if a non-wounded fig stopped on it.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old January 27th, 2008, 11:44 AM

StLouisBear is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
The only difference is that you don't know if you really want that glyph.
Right. Not all the glyphs have positive results. For instance my Silver Surfer got trapped by the Glyph of Proftaka last night and became a shiny stationary target for the Krav Maga. With the agents having a range of 1 more than his and their height advantage, there was nothing for the Silver Surfer to do but bleed to death.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's