Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old August 6th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
If you happen to want my respect (or rep) here --Revdyer

As everyone around here knows, I am old. I am also, somewhat old-fashioned... maybe even stodgy... certainly with standards... and if you want my respect (or to get positive rep from me) on this board, there is a way to get it with your posts.

First and foremost, write in standard English. Your post need not be formal, by any means, but the use of upper and lower case typing, good spelling (knowing that we all make mistakes), and average grammar helps. The better you write, the easier it is for me to understand the good things you have to say.

The rest of these are in no particular order.
  • Be civil, courteous, and kind to the other posters. This does not exclude having fun or even making light-hearted fun.
  • Be able to take a joke. There is a lot of that around here, as there is with any group of good friends.
  • Say something interesting. A post that consists of a single smiley is hardly a post at all. A post with multiple smilies and nothing else is just a waste of bandwidth, in my opinion. (There are exceptions. Once in a while someone will come up with an interesting combination of smilies, but it does not happen very often...maybe twice in a year.)
  • Don't have a huge sig.
  • Don't type in all caps or use huge fonts unless you really need to.
  • Don't use the tiny font if you want me to read what you are saying (or the yellow or white colors). If you want to hide it from me, your job is easy.
  • Put your location in your profile.
  • Become a Site Supporter.
  • Do not try to defeat the language filter. There is a reason for excluding profanity and vulgarity from this site. (There are rare exceptions to this one, too; but your post or mine probably is not one of them.)
  • Don't whine.
  • Don't mess up the Books (or other serious threads) with personal trivia.
  • Know that when you create a thread, once you've posted it, it is out of your control. People are going to say what they want in it, even if it isn't what you might want them to say. They will go off topic. You cannot control that.
  • Keep it short (and I've just violated my own rule, I know).
  • Have fun.

This is a great and special place to me. I love it here and I love, admire, and respect many of the people here. I'm not the expert on how things around here ought to be, but I suspect that most of what I've said, most of the stalwarts here would agree with. If they disagree, we'll hear from them very soon, I bet.

Last edited by Revdyer; May 5th, 2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old August 6th, 2007, 05:47 PM

Will T is surprisingly tart
Well said, Rev, as usual. Thanks for using your powers for good and not for evil.

Last edited by Will T; May 7th, 2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old August 6th, 2007, 05:50 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Bravo, Rev! Your post gets a from me!
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I sure appreciate that post, Rev. I wrote a long thingy that upon further review I decided to delete. Mebbe I'll PM it to you just for fun

~Aldin, thinking that love, respect and trust are the backbone of any community

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks Rev. It's always nice to have things put into a nutshell and you are a master of that craft.

Old August 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM

cavie Woo who?
Now that I'm almost 40 (starting to consider myself old too), I second this motion.
Old August 6th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Thanks Rev. It's always nice to have things put into a nutshell and you are a master of that craft.
It's all those years of 5-point sermons. Or is it 3-point... I don't know, I'm not the Reverend here.
Old August 6th, 2007, 05:56 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
3-point alliterated ones, Truth!

Hear, hear, Rev. Very well said.
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:06 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Nice asessment, Revyder! I think that I can take a joke (I organized my own roast in the Hangout for goodness sake.)

However, I cannot put my location or a whole lot of personal information on here. If I want to stay on the boards I have to keep all of that out. Sorry .

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:14 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Here here Sir!!!!! Two hurrahs for the rev....Hurrah Hurrah!!!!
Old August 6th, 2007, 06:16 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation

6 x 9 = 42

Old August 6th, 2007, 06:16 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
Just kidding! Nice post rev! We should all try to follow this.

6 x 9 = 42

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online