Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old March 10th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Master Custom Creator & HS Codex Editor-in-Chief

atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby! atmospro rolls all skulls baby!
HS Codex #9: New Update June/03/08

New Update June 3

My not so triumphant return
The long dry spell is almost over. In front of me is codex #9 in a nearly completed state. The proof readers will be getting a copy in next few hours.
With the return to good health I have been able to the completion of this issue in motion
Tentatively the new issue will release Tuesday or Wednesday next.
Here's a little taste of what's on tap:
Glyph Grabbing
Super Scenarios (of the Marvel kind)
What’s in an Order Marker (Updated and rewritten)
WOTC Takes Over Heroscape
Samurai Combat Tactics Review

HS Codex #9: Update

There has been a variety of reasons for the delay of this issue. First and foremost has been the increasing demand on my time to deal with other real life issues. And more recently I have been very ill for past 3 weeks and I still am. The issue sits about half done. I’m very annoyed with myself for not finishing on time, but I will not put out an inferior product.

When will it be completed?
I’m not going to commit to any hard date at this time because it depends my time and health. I’d like to say you will see this issue before the end of March but I just don’t know if that’s possible at this time.

As for the future, we will see. I’d to get at least two more issues out this year. Beyond that I just don’t know.

Volunteering
In the past many people have offered to help on this project, some have done great work other have dropped the ball. The biggest thing people do not have any idea of is the time commitment required to put together an issue of the codex. Several hundred hours are put into each issue, I personally will spend over 1 hundred hour per issue. I need people who are dedicated and are willing to put in the time. Just as importantly I need those to have the skills to put out professional material. For this reason I have kept the number of people on the codex staff to a small dedicated group. If you think you have the skills and can dedicate the time then contact us. I always need writers, photographers, and artists, but be prepared to work.

The Meaning of Life is to Give Life Meaning!

The More I learn, the Less I know.

Last edited by atmospro; June 3rd, 2008 at 01:19 PM.
Old March 10th, 2008, 02:21 PM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation
I hope your health improves. That is certainly more important than a timely Codex issue. We will be patient!
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Thanks for the update.

Feel better.

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Take your time man, it's always worth the wait. Get some rest and hopefully you will feel better soon. A nasty flu bug going around....
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Sorry to hear that you're ill, Atmospro. I hope it's nothing serious.

What, specifically, do you need help with to complete the codex?

I'm no artist, and even less of a photographer.

I can write though, and am fairly skilled at layout and print design.

If you can be a bit more specific on what you need help with, or even better, give an assignment to complete, I would be able to dedicate a good amount of time on the weekends.

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old March 10th, 2008, 05:33 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
I can write fiction somewhat. My only complaint with the last issue is that it lacked a 9,000 Deaths of Deathwalker 9,000 segment. If nobody else has volunteered, I'd like to help with fiction and such. I have a few stories lined up that are nice and short and complete.
Old March 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Darn free publication, think they can get away with treating the non-paying public like this!

Get well soon.

-insert signature here-
Old March 10th, 2008, 07:54 PM

Ted has disabled reputation
Hang in there and no worries. The loyal readers will wait patiently.
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Please take your time. We're all not going anywhere.

My prayers are with you and your health.

Not to pry, but is it something serious? (I would understand if you don't answer this question)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:05 PM

KevinWC Woo who?
Thanks for the update.

What kind of writing work do you need done. I am no good in any of the other areas mentioned, but I could conjure up a decent story or even a strategy article or something else useful.

Thanks for the hard work.
Old March 10th, 2008, 11:08 PM

gatewaysysop has disabled reputation
Thanks for providing the update, I think there were quite a few people hoping to hear something. If there's anything I can do to help please post your needs or hit me with a PM. I can't draw to save my life, but I like to think I'm a fairly good writer. I've published before, but nothing noteworthy, to be honest. Either way, I'm happy to lend a helping hand, as I've stated in the other thread[s].

Again thanks for your hard work and if there's anything I can help write, I'm all ears.
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:48 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker
I might be able to do a little writing. I've already written 2 chapters of my Spider-man story. I could touch it up a bit, if you'd be interested, but I'm still deciding what to do with Chapter 3, but I'll figure something out.

I can also do a little drawing in the Retro style (the Fairly Odd Parents, Dexter's Labratory, ect. type of art), although I'm not sure if I am capable of getting pics on the internet or not, but if your interested, let me know.

P.S. Hope you get well soon!

EDIT: Although I'm afraid I won't be able to commit to anything serious. This comming summer is going to be really busy for me, but I can try my best to work on my Spider-man story.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News