Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 16th, 2007, 10:24 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Bad_Calvin's customs - Star Wars - wh40k TAU & MARINE

Here are some of the custom cards I have made. I hope you enjoy.
I would go into an explanation of each but I already did that at HQ. If you have any questions feel free to ask. You can find all of these in my gallery here at Scapers.

Bad_calvin's Gallery

Star Wars
Some of the cards stats were made by Icarus, the designer of the HS toolkit, used with his permission.

Old January 16th, 2007, 10:28 AM

TAU

OK, here is my Fav! The Tau !!

Old January 16th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Space Marines

These are my Sons. I helped him with the cards, but he painted all the miniatures you see on these cards. They are "his" space marines.. the Snow wolves. My camera sucks, so they have a yellow tinge to them, they are white, and they look nice.

Enjoy

This Dreadnaught is actually a miniature from the Heavy Gear Dream Pod 9 in canada. He liked the look of it for a dread, and it was about $20 cheaper.
Old January 16th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Awesome stuff! Good to see your customs on the site, BC!

Newb.
Old January 16th, 2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Awesome stuff! Good to see your customs on the site, BC!

Newb.
thanks man! It was just a matter of time. I am soo excited to be working for a place that isn't trying to kill me. I can't wait to get settled in and get back to my normal happy fun loving self.

I have also re-opened the CityScape project and can't wait to start in on that too! I am still trying to find my campaign stuff, but no one has a copy (lol and it was downloaded a ton). Hopefully someone will find a copy.

Anyway, I am rambling! back to the critisizms if anyone has any... I know this group there has to be something! heh
Old January 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
Master Custom Creator

Doc_Savage is surprisingly tart
Calvin – I’ll start with the 40K…
Take my comments for what they are… And I won’t be discussing point cost…

You might want to check:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...hread.php?t=34

This is a massive post of 40K conversions (not created by me). Lots of good ideas
there…

Sergeant – It would be more Scape-ish if the squads had the bonding…

Marine squad – I would give them bonding and lower their stats… They are the same as Sarge and there are 3 of them for 100 points and Sarge is 1 guy for 140 points and he only gets one turn and they get three. Something is off here. I’d lower the stats or take out the double attack or both.

Devastator – I would give him a minimum and maximum range – even if the max is 20 or 40 or 200. That is a huge attack and it would be cool if he couldn’t use it against figures within 5 or 10 spaces.

Dreadnaught – I like it – cool figure. Even when I played 40K (1st edition) I was never a purist and used all kinds of stuff in the game – GW even encouraged that back then – giving you rules for making vehicles and such.

I don’t get why a big lumbering thing wouldn’t take a swipe. Just let it roll a def die against any damage ever rolled against it or something…

Merciless Barrage – You have a bit of wording wonkiness in this power. It also says 6 dice at the header and 5 dice in the power.

Why does big robo guy not get a double attack when Marine grunts do?

Anyway, I like that the 40k units are starting to get made in greater numbers and thanks for the cards…

I'll try to go over some others later...

"Just let the dirt shower over you" - Brennan Huff
"Do Good, Avoid Evil" - Charles N. Mahlman
Check out my Custom Cards
Check out my blog: http://docsavagetales.blogspot.com/
Old January 16th, 2007, 05:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
That's a lot of stuff to comment on, and I don't have time right now. But I will say I don't like limited double attack, normal double attack would be a lot easier, IMO. Other than wording issues, I do like your customs, though, and it's cool to see so many!

317-149
C3V Brainstorm
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:22 PM

cyb0rg has disabled reputation
Making my first post here at Heroscapers...so be gentle.

I was going to post a few questions about how to convert some Star Wars minis over to HS...then stumbled across this thread.

If I may, I want to point out an error on your Jango Fett card. In his description, you have "Clone", but that is incorrect. Jango was the original that the clone troopers were made after.

Also, Stormtroopers are not clones. They are normal male humans. The older armor wearing troopers were still clones, but none of the new armor wearing ones are.
Old January 16th, 2007, 08:31 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyb0rg

I was going to post a few questions about how to convert some Star Wars minis over to HS...then stumbled across this thread.

If I may, I want to point out an error on your Jango Fett card. In his description, you have "Clone", but that is incorrect. Jango was the original that the clone troopers were made after.

Also, Stormtroopers are not clones. They are normal male humans. The older armor wearing troopers were still clones, but none of the new armor wearing ones are.
Let be one of the first to welcome you to the community cyb0rg!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyb0rg

You are correct sir. I guess I got a little happy with the cards. Thanks for the input. Welcome to the boards!

I am going to respond to everyones comments.. Thank you for the feedback, and the KEEN EYES on corrections!
Old January 16th, 2007, 09:24 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
These customs are awesome. I really like them. Two thumbs up.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old January 17th, 2007, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Savage
Calvin – I’ll start with the 40K…
Take my comments for what they are… And I won’t be discussing point cost…

You might want to check:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...hread.php?t=34

This is a massive post of 40K conversions (not created by me). Lots of good ideas
there…

Sergeant – It would be more Scape-ish if the squads had the bonding…

Marine squad – I would give them bonding and lower their stats… They are the same as Sarge and there are 3 of them for 100 points and Sarge is 1 guy for 140 points and he only gets one turn and they get three. Something is off here. I’d lower the stats or take out the double attack or both.

Devastator – I would give him a minimum and maximum range – even if the max is 20 or 40 or 200. That is a huge attack and it would be cool if he couldn’t use it against figures within 5 or 10 spaces.

Dreadnaught – I like it – cool figure. Even when I played 40K (1st edition) I was never a purist and used all kinds of stuff in the game – GW even encouraged that back then – giving you rules for making vehicles and such.

I don’t get why a big lumbering thing wouldn’t take a swipe. Just let it roll a def die against any damage ever rolled against it or something…

Merciless Barrage – You have a bit of wording wonkiness in this power. It also says 6 dice at the header and 5 dice in the power.

Why does big robo guy not get a double attack when Marine grunts do?

Anyway, I like that the 40k units are starting to get made in greater numbers and thanks for the cards…

I'll try to go over some others later...
thanks Doc! I think you have some great ideas there. I will have to back and re-look at these. My son and I pretty much made these so we could use them in heroscape for a couple of games. I thought i would post them originally in case anyone else wanted to use them. I will definately look these over and try some of your suggestions out and see what comes of it. Thank you for taking the time to post your crituqe.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards