Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:00 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation
Re: The Book of Sgt. Drake Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatekeeperDatuck View Post
If they are allowed to move to a same level space, would they be allowed to move to a lower space (such as hopping a battlement on a castle wall with their one move space)? This could also apply if a ruin was placed in such a way that a long drop existed on one side of the ruin (as in the case of RoninValentina's post above).
I believe that, based on the way I've understood the GG's to play, that they should, though they will take Falling Damage if they move downwards more levels than their height (as normal). All of this is just screaming for a...

"You have no power here, killercactus the Grey!"

EDIT: I went ahead and shot a PM to the Rules Team. Normally I wouldn't bother them about something like this, but I want to make sure we're playing the Granite Guardians correctly.
Thanks for submitting the request to the rules team. For some reason I don't think they would listen if I sent it to them. Especially if I started bringing up "metaphysical hexes" and so forth.

Oh, and I "vote" for the ruling that gives more flexibility to the Guardians' and Sgt. Drake's movement. They aren't overpowered, so I think there should be no desire to spite them in a ruling here. And yet, "overruling a FAQ" is something that has little precedence.

Edit: I meant to include this post regarding "mini-ruins/battlements" I found in the Granite Guardians book. But it does not address same-level moving.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...5&postcount=25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quickly with the battlement question, my quick informal answer is that they may traverse any linear obstacle that is no higher than four elevations above the space they are on.

Last edited by BurnyFlame; March 26th, 2010 at 11:15 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units