Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 20th, 2011, 07:19 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion Sets- 3/28 A3n's cards u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Overall: I can't say enough how fun it was playing these units. The only thing I do ponder is the cost of Dark Isis and Asyassin. I wonder if Dark Isis could be 10 points cheaper, and if Asyassin could be 10-15 points cheaper. Besides the point costs, they were all awesome. Keep up the great work Matt Helm, I'm loving this HelmAverse Havokscape Custom thread.
Thanks for the awesome feedback. I am definitely open to discussions on cost and could easily see both Dark Isis and Asyassin dropped by 10 points each.

I wonder if David (or anyone else who has tried them) would have some input but unless I hear compelling evidence to doubt you, I'll talk to A3n about the adjustments.

Thanks again and I'm glad you're enjoying the cards as much as I'm enjoying the figures you sent me.
just let me know the exact change you want & I'll make it happen.

Cheers
Old April 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

Quote:

I wonder if David (or anyone else who has tried them) would have some input but unless I hear compelling evidence to doubt you, I'll talk to A3n about the adjustments.
Sadly, costing isn't my strong suit.
Old April 20th, 2011, 06:19 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Ok here are the JPG flattened templates:

Enjoy.
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:45 PM

Jeabird is surprisingly tart

Thank you sir.

I, like God, do play with dice and do believe in coincidence.
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:57 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1moreheroscaper View Post
Overall: I can't say enough how fun it was playing these units. The only thing I do ponder is the cost of Dark Isis and Asyassin. I wonder if Dark Isis could be 10 points cheaper, and if Asyassin could be 10-15 points cheaper. Besides the point costs, they were all awesome. Keep up the great work Matt Helm, I'm loving this HelmAverse Havokscape Custom thread.
Thanks for the awesome feedback. I am definitely open to discussions on cost and could easily see both Dark Isis and Asyassin dropped by 10 points each.

Thanks again and I'm glad you're enjoying the cards as much as I'm enjoying the figures you sent me.
just let me know the exact change you want & I'll make it happen.

Cheers
Well since nobody else made an argument and I trust in 1moreheroscaper's experience with the game mechanics, I think I;'m ready to make the edits.

1) Let's move Dark Isis to 70 points and Asyassin to 115 points and see how that goes.

Meanwhile, although I have a few more Havok figures to work on (including the squad of Razors so that Pteravore army will happen in the near future), I think I'm ready to start designing that 3rd (or should I say 4th since the official Pteravores should get their Green/Red army cards in the near future) army card template to account for the additional Sci Fi customs to be added/updated in the HelmAverse.

As previously discussed, we can go with the "Qa'ans" as the new general, taken from Stratego Legends (a Craig Van Ness game). I don't think we need to follow to the Stratego storyline and I certainly don't want to muddle up the customs with multiple generals from that game so for now, the Qa'ans should be all we need.

I still think that the color scheme should be a rusty, dark orange color around the border and a purplish blue for the banner. I say this because:
1) that is similar to the basic color scheme of the Stratego Legends logo and it looks cool.
2) The Qa'ans official color is purple in that game
3) the Mage Knicht figures ready to be used such as Fulton, Steamwalkers and the Felinataurs have some blue and/or purple trim on their outfits.
4) The A3n Marvel template for Fulton is one of the coolest look cards he ever made and it has that scheme
5) It contrasts enough with the existing Karn, Nexus and soon to come Pteravore army cards which are Red/Grey, Blue/Green, and Lima/Red respectively.

As for the general symbol, I'd love to try and go with the official Qa'ans symbol but I could only find a copy of it on page 4 of the PDF Stratego Legends rulebook found here.

So what I'll do is I'll search for a suitable background that we can "monochrome" to lay behind the figures, photograph some of the figures, and provide the write ups for a few of them. I already have Sesnie ready, the Felinataurs itching to be finsished, Fulton going through some polish, and a new design for the Thorn Crawler (previously written up as a demon named Rel-Warc-Thorn in the Hellboy customs but now ready to be included as an alien insectoid creature).

And hopefully A3n can experiment with the tinting of a color scheme for the cards to include the symbol. Before you know it, we may have some new originals for the HelmAverse.
Old May 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I'm really looking forward to your new cards. I still need to get a Fulton figure.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old May 8th, 2011, 02:24 AM

Is this the sort of colour scheme you had in mind (background is from one of the other Havokscapes - since I didn't have an idea of what you had in mind):

Last edited by A3n; January 3rd, 2024 at 09:03 AM.
Old May 8th, 2011, 01:05 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Is this the sort of colour scheme you had in mind (background is from one of the other Havokscapes - since I didn't have an idea of what you had in mind):

This card looks really good. I hope that the Steam Tinker figure I am waiting for has the same paint scheme as the one on this card.

Not to be an over anxious Adult-child--just asking--when might we see the Steamwalkers card? I am excited to get all of these in the mail, and ready to battle. I bought enough for 4 squads of Steamwalkers.

Hymar's_Temple
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

A3n, that is EXACTLY the color scheme I was thinking of. You are a mind reader.

So what do you think of it? Is the orange too close to the Karn red? On my ipod I thought it might be, but now looking at it on the computer I think we're good. For I moment I thought of suggesting we invert the colors but then I looked at Einer and they have a purplish border with a tan banner that would look too similar. I think the rusty orange with the purple blue banner is looks pretty darn awesome... and the symbol ROCKS.

Now I just have to give you the updated write up of Fulton as I'm cleaning him up to make him a bit more official in his design. Ultimately he should still work the same but I'm eliminating the redundancy in favor of a little flavor.

For the background, what do you think of:

A) The center of this picture.

or

B) A segment somewhere of this picture.

I'm kind of thinking we need a light indigo background and these two would translate easy to the mono-colour scheme.

C) I also found this picture which when turned all blue/indigo would hide the fact that it is snow.

Anyway, I'll provide the updated write up of Fulton every soon and also I believe Sesnie (if I get the chance to photo her. And then, for the sake of 2moreheroscapers addiction, I'll get to tweaking the Steamwalkers... to include a change to "COMMON SQUAD" since I can't let him smack his forehead too many times for ordering multiples of each sculpt based on the original write up

I'm also close to finalizing the Felinataurs (it's about time as these guys must be collecting dust at the A3n household) and I'm still open for suggestions for a better name when you see the write up. They do have a very unique dynamic I'd like to give a spin (as do my thoughts on the Havok Suma Kai... coming soon).

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 13th, 2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Captain Underpants

Sorry about the double post but here is Fulton so please tell me what you think of the update. I believe that he seems a little bit less of a departure from the classic special powers while still maintaining his same gameplay style.

Please let me know if I missed something though.
---------------------------------------------------
FULTON
QA’AN

GNOME
UNIQUE HERO
TINKER
EGOMANICAL
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 4
MOVE: 4
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 5

OUT OF STEAM
Before rolling attack dice for any special attack on this card you must first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 3 or lower, the turn is immediately ended and Fulton cannot attack any figures with Chained Fist Special Attack or Buzz Saw Special Attack for the rest of the round.

CHAINED FIST SPECIAL ATTACK

Range 4. Attack 4
Choose an opponent's figure within 4 clear sight spaces whose base is no more than 5 levels above Fulton's height or 5 levels below Fulton's base. Roll 4 attack dice for Chained Fist Special attack.

BUZZ SAW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 5
Small figures may add 1 to their defense die when defending against Fulton’s Buzz Saw Special Attack.

---------------------------------
1) removed the redundancy of having to overstate the need to roll for Out of Steam;
2) cut down on the detail of Out of Steam and limited the detrimental effect to Special Attacks only (representing the fact that the steam powers his weapons but the exoskeleton is just a mechanical machine that could still be moved);
2) reigned in the chained fist to limit the height abilities (ala Chainfighter);
3) gave him a weakness to small figures on the Buzz Saw as he would not be so precise and a smaller figure could sneak under it.
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:21 PM

[quote=Matt Helm;1400077] And then, for the sake of 2moreheroscapers addiction, I'll get to tweaking the Steamwalkers... to include a change to "COMMON SQUAD" since I can't let him smack his forehead too many times for ordering multiples of each sculpt based on the original write up
quote]

Sorry for being too ambitious and also for not accurately reading the Army Card. I guess in my mind I was wanting to see more than a squad of 2 Steamwalkers on my gameboard.

Also, I have fully converted 4 squads of Black Harts and Iron Wolves to Heroscape/Havok bases. I did substitute the Iron Wolf figure with the claw for the other generic Iron Wolf figure in the semi-running pose (not included in any of your cards so far). I then re-did & re-named my old BattleBall Squads into 2 figure squads--Iron Wolf Berzerkers & Cyber Frenzy Blackharts.

Hymar's_Temple
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Captain Underpants

Re: The HelmAverse Custom Expansion Sets- (new army prototyp

I completely understand where you are coming from regarding the swap of the Iron Wolf figure. The clawed one seems a bit out of place but it was the extra one I could get my hands on for an additional squad (my brother donated him to me). Besides, I keep them on their original Battleball bases and the color scheme allows me to easily identify him as a squad figure with the others. It's all about personal choice though and I encourage anyone to use whichever figures they want in the squad. I purposely didn't use all of the figures in Battleball so that an additional squad could be built with the extra's if you had 2 sets.

As for the Steamwalkers, I actually made them a unique squad when I wanted them to fit into the Dr. Who theme I was toying with at the time. I could so picture the Doctor running form a unique pair of Steamwalkers controlled by a little steam wielding genius madman.

But now that they are in Havokscape (or soon will be), I definitely need Qa'an to have a common squad and an army of large Steamwalkers is just cool to contend with. Of course I have to change their synergy with Fulton a bit but they should still keep the same relative coolness factor.

Now even though I haven't photographed my Nessie sculpt (Horrorclix), I did want to add the alien sea dragon to the Havokscape followers of Qa'an so I'll share her now. She's just slightly tweaked from my original (1st ever written custom) design which really is now just a gaggle of official powers (changed the customy Submersible Legend to the official Amphibious as they are sooooo similar). She may seem boring or uncreative but I think she plays tough enough to be worthy an occasional ride. What other dragon allows you to carry friendly figures across water?
---------------------------------------
SESNIE
QA'AN

Temp Photo 1

Temp photo 2

First option

Second Option

Third Option

DRAGON
UNIQUE HERO
BEAST
TRICKY
HUGE 9

LIFE: 7
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 5
DEFENSE: 4

CARRY
Before moving Sesnie, choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Sesnie. After you move Sesnie, place the chosen figure adjacent to Sesnie.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Sesnie attacks, she may attack one additional time.

AMPHIBIOUS
While Sesnie is on a water space, add 2 to her Defense. If Sesnie starts her turn on a water space, add 1 to her movement for that turn. Sesnie does not have to stop her movement when entering a water space.

----------------------------------------
And I'm leaning toward a part of this photo for Qa'an's background:

Maybe the left side with a bit of the pipes pouring out into the planet's natural landscape while the newly built techno building's rise above it. The idea is that Qa'an represents the indigenous cultures and creatures of planets that tried to stay under the radar but are striking back when their world(s) are ravaged by the other armies. If that segment was put through a light blue filter, it might work out.

But I only make suggestions and leave the artistic choices to A3n.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 15th, 2011 at 11:59 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards