Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 20th, 2018, 01:50 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Is there a thread of proxies for older more difficult to find minis? I'm having a lot of trouble finding most of the old figures, especially at decent prices.
Old May 20th, 2018, 02:05 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Is there a thread of proxies for older more difficult to find minis? I'm having a lot of trouble finding most of the old figures, especially at decent prices.
There is a thread dedicated to finding alternate sculpts, but it's not anywhere close to being complete. Some of the alternate sculpts are also difficult to find now, of course, but it might still be helpful.
Old May 30th, 2018, 01:41 PM

DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker

I’m going to have to rebase some figures soon for C3V/G and was wondering what plastic glue people use and how to get some of the figures off their bases? I’m mostly worried about the large Mage knight figures and sentinels. I know there was a guide but I all the photos were gone because of the issue with photobucket.
Old May 31st, 2018, 03:54 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAisBetter View Post
I’m going to have to rebase some figures soon for C3V/G and was wondering what plastic glue people use and how to get some of the figures off their bases? I’m mostly worried about the large Mage knight figures and sentinels. I know there was a guide but I all the photos were gone because of the issue with photobucket.
I set them in about an inch of simmering hot water, and then after about 15 - 30 seconds, depending on the size of the figure, I pull it out, quickly shake the water off into the sink, and use an exacto knife to cut it off the base. Sometimes I have to put it back in the water if it hardens up too much before I'm done cutting off the base. You can also use this to reshape swords and spears that are bent out of shape. I have every released C3V/SoV figure, and this was how I de-based all of mine.
Old May 31st, 2018, 10:53 AM

DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker DOAisBetter knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
I set them in about an inch of simmering hot water, and then after about 15 - 30 seconds, depending on the size of the figure, I pull it out, quickly shake the water off into the sink, and use an exacto knife to cut it off the base. Sometimes I have to put it back in the water if it hardens up too much before I'm done cutting off the base. You can also use this to reshape swords and spears that are bent out of shape. I have every released C3V/SoV figure, and this was how I de-based all of mine.
What kind of glue do you use to attach the figures to a new base?
Old May 31st, 2018, 03:35 PM

Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toogwick_tuk wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Regular Old Superglue works great for rebasing figures.
Old May 31st, 2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I heard folks stay away from super glue as it turns white.

I want to say Krazy Glue or Loctite stays clear.
Old May 31st, 2018, 04:14 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I've used Superglue when attaching all of my figures so far, and I haven't had any qualms. A small dab on the underside of the figure wherever they'll touch the base shouldn't be too visible, and mine has dried clear.
Old May 31st, 2018, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post
Part of my issue is two of my figures in my rams box were broken so I also need to glue those back together. I guess super glue would work for that too.
Old May 31st, 2018, 05:55 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I use Gorilla Brand Super Glue. I also have some type of 3m glue that's fancy and expensive, and can't be used inside unless you have a good ventilation due to the fumes. You don't really need it though, super glue works well enough.

Don't use Citadel plastic glue. It doesn't work on most of the figures used by the C3V/SoV. It works really well for Game's workshop miniatures, but the type of plastic used by WizKids, and Rackham (confrontation/at-43) doesn't bond well with it.

I had several Cathar Spearmen with broken spears, or heads, and Super glue worked for me.
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:04 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toogwick_tuk View Post
Part of my issue is two of my figures in my rams box were broken so I also need to glue those back together. I guess super glue would work for that too.
You got a Ram box! You, sir, are a lucky duck.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 31st, 2018, 07:08 PM

The Ram Army Box is something of a white whale for me. I finally saw one being auctioned on eBay recently, but I couldn't bring myself to even bid at the starting price... It's a pity that it became so rare, since it has some of the coolest C3V figures that we've seen so far. Congrats on the find, @DOAisBetter !

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs