Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 19th, 2017, 10:25 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

The idea was that they were hiding out until the time was right, but the marking of a unit is also a great option!
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:04 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't particularly like Planned Hit. While it's a cool idea, placing them like that is a definite thematic stretch. The only other units that can do something like that are either literally parachuting in or being summoned onto the battlefield, with the latter having clear placement restrictions. The fact that they were hiding isn't clear from the mechanics and also pushing it since not even ninjas and agents are that stealthy.

Beyond the theme the attack bonus is too much (especially given that this is a free turn in the first place) and the X order marker doesn't seem like good game play. There is no uncertainty or surprise whether or not you are using them. As soon as your opponent sees an order marker on them it is abundantly clear that you are going to deploy them at the end of the round since it's not like you'll bluff with one of your numbered order markers. Instead you could roll to put them out at the end of each round to give some uncertainty or use a numbered order marker and be able to bluff with the X instead.

Fall Guy is nicely thematic and I don't think it's a problem for them to trade with rats or cutters. It's not like the little guys are getting to scatter or scurry off the kill and you're only saving so many points in the process.

Range 7 seems like too much. I feel like Tommy those guns are in the 5-6 range. They also don't seem overly reckless in their current form.
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:17 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I feel like they need something that references their Tommy Guns a little more. A special power/attack named Massacre perhaps, instead of planned hit.

A Quick summary of an idea.
Tommy Gun Special Attack Range 5, Attack 4
Instead of attacking normally, both Mob Brothers must attack the same figure. If each brother inflicts a wound, they may attack again with Tommy Gun Special attack. The brothers may choose a new target for their second attacks. You may only use this power twice.

I think Range 7 is too far also.

Or perhaps a power that gives +1 attack for closer range, maybe +2 for adjacent too.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 20th, 2017, 09:52 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Gotcha, okay. I'm hearing Planned Hit is a thematic stretch and not really good gameplay anyway. I can definitely see that. I'm just glad the other power is going over so well! I wanted to have them have only two powers, one offensive and one defensive, so I will do some work and replace Planned Hit. @Kinseth , I did really consider/want a Tommy Gun power, but the problem is the available sculpts (the two Heroclix figures) only have handguns. If there were painted plastic mobsters with tommy guns, I'd jump on it for sure.

The other offensive ability I was considering was "Mob Hit", where they would either:

A) put a marker on an enemy card and roll extra attack against them. This could be restricted to heroes, or apply to all uniques, or simply have no restrictions. The marker could be unable to be moved.

B) simply passively roll extra attack against Unique figures, but that might place an overemphasis on hero killers in a game already dominated by squads (IMO).
Old June 20th, 2017, 10:11 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Gotcha, okay. I'm hearing Planned Hit is a thematic stretch and not really good gameplay anyway. I can definitely see that. I'm just glad the other power is going over so well! I wanted to have them have only two powers, one offensive and one defensive, so I will do some work and replace Planned Hit. @Kinseth , I did really consider/want a Tommy Gun power, but the problem is the available sculpts (the two Heroclix figures) only have handguns. If there were painted plastic mobsters with tommy guns, I'd jump on it for sure.

The other offensive ability I was considering was "Mob Hit", where they would either:

A) put a marker on an enemy card and roll extra attack against them. This could be restricted to heroes, or apply to all uniques, or simply have no restrictions. The marker could be unable to be moved.

B) simply passively roll extra attack against Unique figures, but that might place an overemphasis on hero killers in a game already dominated by squads (IMO).
This works great to represent a hit on a figure, as I had said before, it is used on all our HOSS bounty hunters under the bounty ability. When playing with Jabba as well(or a mob boss if you will) he allows for another hit after that one is killed.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 20th, 2017, 10:15 AM

I actually did have an idea for "Godfather Angelo Lombardi" (as well as a common squad of Lombardi Goons) so that's a great idea for a mob boss hero if this all works out! The bounty market sounds like it would be a great idea. I'll pop over to HOSS later on to look at your wording. Thanks TREX!
Old June 20th, 2017, 08:20 PM

Here's another version. Let me know what you all think. I'm not opposed to giving them a third power if it feels appropriate.

Old June 20th, 2017, 10:41 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I'm generally not a fan of hero-killing units (there are already too many of them, imo), but the combination of powers, stats, and cost make them somewhat useful assassins. Two attacks of 4 at range is quite solid, but limited to a specific target. It may be worth putting order markers on them to try to take down that target (Raelin), and The Fall Guy gives them some protection while doing so. Even if they don't get the chance to kill their target, the gangsters an ok cleanup unit, though arguably less than the likes of the Marro Warriors.

Resist the urge to give them another power. I originally thought two was more than was necessary, but the two you currently have are.
Old June 20th, 2017, 11:05 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like this version. I feel like both abilities blend well together and, above all, would be fun to play.

I will say I'm not sold on the miniatures used. They don't look related. They both have a gangster look to them but in different ways. I feel like they should look more similar, especially being brothers.

Definitely digging them though!
Old June 20th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I'm generally not a fan of hero-killing units (there are already too many of them, imo), but the combination of powers, stats, and cost make them somewhat useful assassins. Two attacks of 4 at range is quite solid, but limited to a specific target.
I think anti-hero units are okay when limited to a single hero exclusively, since that only counters armies over-reliant on just one figure--which are usually the most overpowered heroes anyway.

This is the best version of the card yet, imo

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 20th, 2017, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I'm generally not a fan of hero-killing units (there are already too many of them, imo), but the combination of powers, stats, and cost make them somewhat useful assassins. Two attacks of 4 at range is quite solid, but limited to a specific target.
Do you think it would make it a bit better if it were changed to any unique card, so that unique squads would be included? Or would that muddy the theme?
Old June 21st, 2017, 02:28 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

personally, I think I'd open up the first power to any unique card and ditch the D-20 bit on the second power.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards