Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 14th, 2016, 06:13 PM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Craig Van Ness Q&A Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
And I, conversely, feel justified in viewing some of the D&D units as the best that Heroscape has to offer.
Agreed. Whether you like or hate the D&D theme and the figures and all that WotC did, everyone has to admit that the units that Colby, Jerry and Chris designed are really great.
I agree. Colby, Jerry and Chris did a great job.
Old December 14th, 2016, 07:40 PM

MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby! MementoMori rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
We designed army cards and terrain for all six movies... I can't really get into specifics.
I don't know if knowing that such a gem exists and is out of or reach is worse than ignorance about the matter.

Going for my ninja outfit, see you at Hasbro. Or perhaps sacrifiying some Bothans would be better.
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:31 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
What figures or types of figures do you most regret that never saw the light of day with the move to D&D and then cancellation? Pirates? The final Elf Wizard? Aquilla Flagbearer? Something else?
Star Wars Heroscape... Marvel expansion packs...
I am a little surprised the reveal that Star Wars heroscape was almost a thing didn't break this site. Did no one else see this? CVN posted that he regrets that star war heroscape never saw the light of day, and we just gloss on by?

Craig, is there anything you can share with us about Star Wars heroscape, anything at all?
What's up R˙chean? Good to hear from you. We designed army cards and terrain for all six movies... I can't really get into specifics.

Terrain too!?! Oh man...
Old December 14th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MementoMori View Post
Quote:
We designed army cards and terrain for all six movies... I can't really get into specifics.
I don't know if knowing that such a gem exists and is out of or reach is worse than ignorance about the matter.

Going for my ninja outfit, see you at Hasbro. Or perhaps sacrifiying some Bothans would be better.
I know right?!? That made me cry inside when I read that...Soooo much potential! If WotC had just stuck it out they would have had a goldmine for a game...feeding off the hype of both Marvel and Star Wars...heck maybe even the 3 Hobbit movies...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old December 14th, 2016, 11:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

"Don't know what you got, until its gone."

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 15th, 2016, 01:06 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Wow, star wars heroscape en mass alongside more marvelscape. It could have outsold heroclix and Star Wars Minis from the D20 system. I would pay to see what some of the terrain looked like or rules for it.
Old December 15th, 2016, 06:26 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
What figures or types of figures do you most regret that never saw the light of day with the move to D&D and then cancellation? Pirates? The final Elf Wizard? Aquilla Flagbearer? Something else?
Star Wars Heroscape... Marvel expansion packs...
I am a little surprised the reveal that Star Wars heroscape was almost a thing didn't break this site. Did no one else see this? CVN posted that he regrets that star war heroscape never saw the light of day, and we just gloss on by?

Craig, is there anything you can share with us about Star Wars heroscape, anything at all?
What's up R˙chean? Good to hear from you. We designed army cards and terrain for all six movies... I can't really get into specifics.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 15th, 2016, 07:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Actually, since Hasbro loves reviving old IPs ad nauseum, they should just issue them now that the potential profit should be apparent, even to a corporate suit! But the licenses have probably lapsed.

Still...that's what they have lawyers and other negotiators for!
Old December 21st, 2016, 11:00 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

So, I just have to ask. What is the Deal with Hatamoto Taro? After seeing the proto-type card, it really seems like the official card is way overpriced. Can you comment on this at all?

And as far as the Star Wars and Marvel expansions we never got, Looking at the D&D stuff that were designed by super fans who became designers, I think the C3G and HoSS stuff would be as good as we could have expected to get. I think we are just lucky that Star Wars minis and Heroclix were a thing.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 21st, 2016, 12:58 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I think we are just lucky that Star Wars minis and Heroclix were a thing.

And also probably the reason why we did not get Star Wars and Marvel Heroscape.

And thank you for the kind words re: HoSS and C3G
Old December 21st, 2016, 01:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes thank-you but there are quite a few independent designers that have absolutely incredible super hero designs that should be acknowledged as well.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:24 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
So, I just have to ask. What is the Deal with Hatamoto Taro? After seeing the proto-type card, it really seems like the official card is way overpriced. Can you comment on this at all?
I've seen him comment on this one before, and it sounds like they tried him out in his best-case-scenario where his special ability had ample opportunities to get used (all samurai army vs. normal melee attackers) and found that he did quite well. The time window on some stuff for Hasbro was unfortunately short and uneven at times.

I've not been told this, but after seeing this kind of thing in the industry, I could see someone coming to Craig and being like, "QUICK! We need an exclusive for Toys R Us again!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion