Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 10th, 2010, 11:58 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: Suggestions for the C3V Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
That is awesome, but its an expensive miniature, that needs painting and assembly...are we planing on keeping cost and maintenance of miniature in mind when we choose them?
Yes.
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:59 PM

DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker DeathDoom knows what's in an order marker

Dund doesn't so much need a movement boost as it does a better chance to get in to position to use Crippling Gaze. Of course, there are lots of potential ways to improve the class, the thing is finding the right way.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:32 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Hunters for reference:
Spoiler Alert!

Some form of free movement of hunters is the obvious thing, I think. It definitely helps Dünd, as it gets him in position to use his power, which triggers before movement. The only hunter that's currently above a "B" is the Gladiatrons, and they already have movement bonding, so this helps them relatively little.

There's plenty of thematic ways to do movement, too - cover fire offers one model. Straight movement bonding wouldn't be terrible, either.

The obvious way to give an attack bonus that helps the Drudge disproportionately is to make it the bonus require adjacency, but make the figure that provides that bonus relatively to kill, at least with melee. This means that attack bonus is most easily used by a figure with a normal ranged attack. There's only two hunters with a normal ranged attack - the Drudge and the MotH. MotH with an attack bonus is a bit scary because it stacks on his Mortal Strike power, but an attack bonus restricted to commons or squad figures could work.

(This still isn't going to make the Drudge awesome or something, but it wouldn't hurt.)

So... concealment ("stalk the prey"), common hunter attack bonus, hunter movement bonding ("call to the hunt")? Modify for theme, depending on what the figure is...
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I mentioned this in the CMSP thread as we talked a couple weeks ago about a movement boost for hunters. Even if it doesn't help Gladiatrons much even a little could be a pain.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
I mentioned this in the CMSP thread as we talked a couple weeks ago about a movement boost for hunters. Even if it doesn't help Gladiatrons much even a little could be a pain.
I don't think a movement boost for Gladiatrons would be a terrible thing-the terrible thing would be giving a movement boost to the Blastatrons. They're the ones who do everything, using another unit to move the Gladiatrons would be counterproductive to a 'Tron army, IMO.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:44 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
That is awesome, but its an expensive miniature, that needs painting and assembly...are we planing on keeping cost and maintenance of miniature in mind when we choose them?
Yes.
Thanks SD, the SoV was planning on keeping cost and maintenance in mind as well and i was wondering if you guys felt the same way. I think it is important, because if its too much or too difficult..IMO I think people will shy away from that proposal.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I'm if the opinion that you use whatever minis you have that are in scale and work. If a person cannot get their hands on the figure, they can proxy. In the C3G we have used figures that are not cheap, simply for a lack of a better option. If there is even a possible mini out there for a unit we want to design, I say design it. People can always proxy. But thats just my
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:54 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Yes, but if we are to create new figures to be used by the masses, then they should be available to the masses. For the most part I have never been in a tournament that allows proxies...and I think that if this accomplishes what we want it to...then the proxy idea won't work in the long run.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Gluing The Mask On This Time...

Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Yes, but if we are to create new figures to be used by the masses, then they should be available to the masses. For the most part I have never been in a tournament that allows proxies...and I think that if this accomplishes what we want it to...then the proxy idea won't work in the long run.
Unfortunately, I think that it then changes from a "Fan-based" project, to an infringement for "The Man" who still holds the rights.

If you don't understand what I mean, then ignore this post...

~Those who live by the dice, die by the dice.
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:09 AM

SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker SIEGE knows what's in an order marker

How about a squad that helps out the Deathwalkers? They sure could use a boost. Maybe something like this:

Zettian Repair Bots
Utgar

Soulborg
Unique Squad (squad of 3)
Repair Bots
Programmatic
Small 3

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 4
Attack: 2
Defense: 5

DEATHWALKER HERO BONDING
Before taking a turn with Zettian Repair Bots, you can take a turn with any deathwalker hero you control.

REPAIR
Whenever a deathwalker hero you control receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may instead destroy 1 Zettian Repair Bot within 4 clear sight spaces of the deathwalker hero to ignore all wounds that deathwalker hero just received.

FLYING
When counting spaces for a Zettian Repair Bot's movement, ignore elevations. Zettian Repair Bots may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When a Zettian Repair Bot starts to fly, if it is engaged it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by SIEGE; November 11th, 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Not proper to post card Images in this thread
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Gluing The Mask On This Time...

Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby! Scapemaster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Mounted Samurai Archers... since... you know... that's more like what real Samurai actually were
Spoiler Alert!
I definitely second that. And common melee samurai (Ronin) to follow.

~Those who live by the dice, die by the dice.
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I know there is this rule in the C3G, there should probably be one here: No custom card images posted in these threads. Something about plagiarism. You can link cards, just don't make it an image.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs