Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 12th, 2015, 03:47 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Thanks again to everyone for commenting on the Tagawa Samurai Cavalry. Here's my take for Aquilla for continuing this non-competitive cavalry cycle.

These are the Highland Dwarf Ram Raiders from Dwarf Wars. They are supplied unpainted and in packs of 10. Despite 5 figures being shown, this is a 3 figure squad.

NAME = Ramriders of the Gray Mountains
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET = Feylund
SPECIES = Dwarves
CLASS = Warriors
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = LARGE 5
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 Figures)
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 120

LANDSLIDE CHARGE
When attacking with a Ramrider of the Gray Mountains, if the defending figure was not adjacent to that Ramrider at the start of this turn and the Ramrider has height advantage on that figure, that Ramrider receives 2 additional attack dice.

MOUNTAIN SCALING 4
All Ramriders of the Gray Mountains may add 4 to their move value. This additional movement may only be used when moving up elevations.

HIGH GROUND DEFENSE
When a Ramrider of the Gray Mountains is defending with a height advantage, he rolls an additional defense die.

Aquilla has called forth her dwarven cavalry, wild warriors who recklessly charge into battle atop their ram steeds. With only light defense, they instead rely upon their surefooted mounts to rapidly navigate to higher ground before they come thundering down upon their enemy raining down stone and vengeance.

Like with classic cavalry and my continuing cycle, these guys are swingy units who are ultimately unreliable and not particularly good. They are an exaggerated extreme, capable of throwing down 7 attack dice and having 4 defense to fall back on. While 7 attack sounds like a lot for them, I feel a little okay with it since it is really 6 attack + height, something matched by the Templar Cavalry when they charge and smite. I am uncertain about the wording for Mountain Scaling, but I really like the idea of the power in making the rams slower than horses on even ground but faster once terrain is uneven or has an incline. Without having height, these guys are quite garbage but that is pretty consistent with how the rest of the cavalry function.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Ixe; January 16th, 2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Added High ground defense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards