Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 16th, 2010, 08:18 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Ana Karithon

Well, regarding my Post #85 above, I have to apologize for reading Ana's Undead power wrong. And I am glad to see it affects all Undead. However, the point still holds with the protection from evil affecting only Utgarians: that is, are they MORE EVIL than Valkryll's forces (as someone jokingly stated above)?
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

While it would seem that, if anything, Valkrill's Death Knights and Demons (at the very least) are more evil than most of Utgar's forces, and that his Orcs and Bugbears are hardly likely to be less evil than Utgar's Orcs, there is only so much the design team can do without being told everything that WotC is planning or thinking of planning.

I am sure that they discussed what constituted "evil" for HS sufficiently, and made a decision that was simplest and best given what they were allowed to know at the time. If they had instead listed species or personalities, it would have been either too wordy or too cross-general, or both.

That said, feel free to include Valkrill's forces in her power description for non-GenCon official WotC-backed tournaments. For Pete's sake, it's a game, do what you want with it!

Old September 16th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ana's Protection only works against Utgar figures, same as Templars' attack against Utgar, Isamu's attack against Jandar, it's just her power. It is a General specific ability requirement. Get over it and enjoy the game. It is not the first or last General specific power. Yes it is Protection from Evil and now there are 2 evil Generals and it only works against one of them. Big deal. Geez....

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:09 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Some people are just so evil that they can bypass the protection.

Last edited by Sujoah; September 16th, 2010 at 09:09 PM. Reason: That's what I'll say about it. And it's good enough for me.
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:11 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Ana didn't know about Valkrill what she created the spell, therefore she made it specifically for those who have been summoned through Utgar's portals. And for those from Valhalla, they've been in contact with enough beings summoned through the portals, so the magic "signature" rubbed off a bit on them.

There, problem solved.
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:51 PM

Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby! Brewster rolls all skulls baby!

Maybe Valkrill is so evil, a protection from evil spell from a measly 100 point cleric is just not good enough.

Besides, if they felt like Utgar wasn't evil enough, and then took such an extreme measure as to create an even MORE evil general, why should ordinary anti-evil stuff pull through all the same? Makes sense to me.
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:54 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Maybe Valkrill is so evil, a protection from evil spell from a measly 100 point cleric is just not good enough.

Besides, if they felt like Utgar wasn't evil enough, and then took such an extreme measure as to create an even MORE evil general, why should ordinary anti-evil stuff pull through all the same? Makes sense to me.
Perhaps Valkrill isn't evil but just pure mindless chaos.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
A neutral chaotic...hmmmm, who do I know like that? <grin>
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:45 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:

I like this. Valkrill being a force of nature, ancient enigmatic and mindless entities being drawn to his ranks. Which is very different from Utgar's megalomaniac "evil".

On note of Ana, I am not sure if this was posted, but my friend used her + Saylind to great success, bringing down Q9 and killing his fair share of squadies.
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:

I like this. Valkrill being a force of nature, ancient enigmatic and mindless entities being drawn to his ranks. Which is very different from Utgar's megalomaniac "evil".

On note of Ana, I am not sure if this was posted, but my friend used her + Saylind to great success, bringing down Q9 and killing his fair share of squadies.
Quoting all this in the Valkrill thread. On that note. I'm feeling a little Lovecraftian energy from all this chaotic Valkrill talk. The Great Old One of Valhalla has risen to destroy all that exists

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:29 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"I, Ana Karithon, would like to thank everyone who agrees now that the end of Official Scape has been announced, that Valkryll Army Cards should be retitled as Utgar."

--Ana K., Dispersing the Undead since Master Set 3
Old December 15th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

There has been a serious discussion on a rule relevant to Ana Karithon over in the Siege thread. The original question was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
What are folks thoughts on this scenario:...Siege is wounded, and he is adjacent to Ana Karithon. ...(Can he use his Crag of Steel special power and be healed twice?)
And after many pages of discussion and weighing in by dok, cavebehr, and killercactus the current consensus seems to be:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
So my answers to the question are:
a) You can never reveal the X order marker, so (you can not place an X order marker on a unit and then heal it with) .... Ana ... .
b) It clearly says on Siege's (and Evar Scarcarver's) card you need to reveal the X at the same time as the numbered order marker AND it activates special powers. It clearly says on Ana's card that her power can not work if a special power is activated. Therefore you have to choose, Crag (or Frost rage) or Heal.

The reason I am so happy with this ruling (after consultation) is because it returns the design team to its usual godlike status. Clearly Crag and Frost Rage (Scarcarver) do not give double healing because both X's activate a special power. Otherwise why include the "before special power" in Ana's card?
I *think* cavebehr put this in the fax, so that seems to be a fairly official ruling. I thought you Ana lovers might want to know this.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units