Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 17th, 2018, 01:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Freelance Feedback Focus Group (3FG) - New Thread!

Why is the power called Final Guard? What does it have to do with how many wound markers he has?
Old October 17th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The defensive powers all just add up to "he's harder to hit." Mixing in a defensive power can be interesting, but with Gilliam you'd get much the same effect by dropping all the powers and giving him 10 Defense. It's good that you've focused the design on a single roll (defender), but just being tough isn't very interesting. He needs to do something outside of that. For a defender unit, positioning is important, so something that helps him do that would be nice.
Old October 17th, 2018, 04:37 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I this version of Gilliam to your liking.
Old October 17th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

You've changed him to Warrior, but gave him Guard Stance. I don't really get the theme of the power; why can he only use it when he's unhurt?

I'm not seeing a consistent vision here. The interaction between Guard Stance and Warrior's Rage suggests an overall design, but the "X" order marker restriction on Warrior's Rage breaks that. (Warrior's Rage also does not seem to do anything except burn up the "X" order marker.) He is also Disciplined, which seems to contradict a Rage power. It really feels like a bunch of unrelated powers stuck together without an overall idea of what the hero is like or how he is expected to be played.
Old October 17th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm not part of this group, so I don't really know if I should be commenting here or not. Sorry if I'm breaking the rules, just let me know and I won't do it again.

Heroscaper, it seems like you've really lost the thread here. You've thrown out a few different versions of this character with different themes and powers, and nobody is really sure what you're aiming for anymore. This new version is a Disciplined character who loses his stance and his cool as soon as he gets hurt, and that doesn't make sense to me.

My advice (admittedly as a novice custom-maker myself) is to take a step back and decide who Gilliam is as a character. Imagine the battle as a story and decide what this character would be doing in that story. If you still want to use that mini, look at it and let that influence the story too. Then, once you know what you want out of the guy,

FWIW, you posted a version yesterday I think, where he was a guard who went full BA once the rest of the guards in your army were dead. I liked that approach; it seemed really cinematic, which is something I like in a custom. I think that could definitely go somewhere; A rookie guard who really steps up to bat when the veterans get struck down all around him. Maybe the version you had then wasn't perfect, but I think the idea behind it could turn into something special. But I also have no authority to tell you what to do with your custom.
Old October 17th, 2018, 06:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I'm not part of this group, so I don't really know if I should be commenting here or not. Sorry if I'm breaking the rules, just let me know and I won't do it again.
None of us really own this thread, so don't worry. The big focus here is Freelance. Anybody can post a custom, anybody can give feedback. Your feedback was very helpful, I think, so thanks for stopping in!
Old October 17th, 2018, 08:29 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I do hope this version of Gilliam is to your liking.
Old October 17th, 2018, 08:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

It's a bit odd to me to have three powers that are nothing more than stat modifiers. Let's look at this card:

Guardian Stance: If some condition is met, add some number to his Defense. Not sure why other guards being engaged has any effect on his "Stance".
Indomitable Will: If some (completely unrelated) condition is met, add 2 to his Move. Not sure what this has to do with "Will".
Offensive Formation: If some (completely unrelated to either of the other two) condition is met, add 3 to his Attack, subtract 2 from his Defense, and subtract 2 from his Move. This is a decent power and it works with its name, but it seems out of place on a Guard. Aren't they about defending?
Old October 17th, 2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
It's a bit odd to me to have three powers that are nothing more than stat modifiers. Let's look at this card:

Guardian Stance: If some condition is met, add some number to his Defense. Not sure why other guards being engaged has any effect on his "Stance".
Indomitable Will: If some (completely unrelated) condition is met, add 2 to his Move. Not sure what this has to do with "Will".
Offensive Formation: If some (completely unrelated to either of the other two) condition is met, add 3 to his Attack, subtract 2 from his Defense, and subtract 2 from his Move. This is a decent power and it works with its name, but it seems out of place on a Guard. Aren't they about defending?
Is this version of Gilliam to your liking.
Old October 17th, 2018, 09:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

Well, now you've created Siege.
Old October 17th, 2018, 09:48 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Im starting to believe that Gilliam has an identity disorder and doesnt know who he really is. He just identifies with whatever comes his way. I really think he should go to his customs thread to figure out who he really is. I dont know what to think of Gilliam anymore. More importantly I think Heroscaper101 needs to figure out what he wants him for.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 17th, 2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Well, now you've created Siege.
Gilliam stats are 3 life, 5 move, 1 range, 5 attack and 3 defense. When Defensive Stance is active, stats are 3 move, 3 attack and 6 defense, this also excludes buffs or auras.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards