Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 7th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

That's not correct. You can move over trees or ruins; they are not voids. You just need to be flying or otherwise able to get past them. Heck, if you're a Repulsor, the outside of a battlement might as well be a ruin.

Regardless, different "obstacles" have different rules: trees have various heights, jungle trees have other effects, etc. Some you can climb over, others you cannot.

This is, I'm assuming, a HoSS problem. I'm not going to argue about it any more; you have the best answer I can give you. I am sorry it's not to your liking. I was glad to take a stab at it to try to help, but you can work it out with your colleagues now, as far as I'm concerned.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

Regardless, different "obstacles" have different rules: trees have various heights, jungle trees have other effects, etc. Some you can climb over, others you cannot.
This might be the only good/necessary thing you just said...

FotA Rulebook

Quote:
Battlements
Battlements are structures that may be added to Wall Walks or hex-shaped tiles such as grass, rock or sand. Battlements offer valuable protection during battles by providing figures with obstacles to hide behind.
That answers my question, even though its usage is vague. If it began "Battlements are obstacles..." that would've been more clear by Hasbro and its HS Creators.

Quote:
Obstacle: An obstacle is considered part of the battlefield and is not affected by special powers or Glyphs. It can also block clear sight and Line of Sight, or prevent two figures from becoming engaged because it prevents them from being adjacent. Figures cannot move through obstacles. Trees, glaciers, and rock outcrops are examples of obstacles.
Even this seems to make the Battlement a double-edged sword...

Spoiler Alert!

Final question: If per say, the "...move over obstacles, such as ruins..." part was removed from powers like flying, would that figure be able to move over the battlements (and not trees, bushes, un-capped castle walls, etc.) anyways, due to "ignore elevations"?

A simple Yes or No with perhaps a short explanation will suffice.

Quote:
Levels: Levels are used to measure height. Each level is the equivalent height of one side of a hex-shaped land tile. Levels are used to count movement as well as to measure height when determining factors such as adjacency, engagement, height advantage, and falling. See also: Height.

Last edited by Sheep; February 7th, 2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old February 7th, 2015, 06:56 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Yes. FotA rulebook p3.
Quote:
Moving over Battlements: Figures may move over Battlements. Count the lowest part of a Battlement as spaces in addition to any difference in levels that may need to be counted during the figure's movement. The height from the inside of a Battlement (the side connected to a tile) is 2. the height from the outside of a Battlement (side not connected to a tile is 3.
So you will also still need to apply the normal rules for going up & down levels.
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:22 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
If per say, the "...move over obstacles, such as ruins..." part was removed from powers like flying, would that figure be able to move over the battlements (and not trees, bushes, un-capped castle walls, etc.) anyways, due to "ignore elevations"?
So your question is if we take words out of an official power, how do we then interpret that power? That is custom work and that is not what what this thread is for. Please work this out elsewhere.

For reference from FAQ:

Can flying figures fly over trees, or spaces that trees occupy?
Yes. Even though normal figures cannot pass “through any spaces that are occupied by trees”, flying figures can in fact fly over them.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old February 7th, 2015, 07:26 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Battlements are obstacles the same as ruins or trees are obstacles. Yes you can move over them because they *are* elevation changes as well. Technically, you can move over ruins as well if you are at least Height 7 and have enough movement to do so (I believe it is 7). I'll need to look up the ruling for moving over trees, but off the top of my head the only way to pass them is by flying/something-like-flying over them. It is entireley plausible that given enough movement and height you can move over a tree by climbing it.

Edit: R˙chean has the right of it, as far as trees go. He is the rules guy after all

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 7th, 2015, 08:39 PM

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
So your question is if we take words out of an official power, how do we then interpret that power? That is custom work and that is not what what this thread is for. Please work this out elsewhere.
So tell me what this thread is for... Last time I also checked, people ask really whatever they want to in here (real life questions, rules interpretation, etc.)

My post was purely an example. How would it work for any power that says "Ignore elevations" and not "...move over obstacles, such as ruins...", not just a custom (even though I'm not sure there are any)?

EDIT: Sgt. Drake Alexander (RotV)'s Grapple Gun is the best example I can think of, and reading the FAQ answers my questions.
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Geez. You've done enough damage, HS2010.

Go back to HoSS, huddle up with your companions there, and figure out what to do next. It's not our problem any more, you got your answer from a bunch of people, and they all said the same thing. It's up to you what to do with it.

Spoiler Alert!

You came here asking for help. You are showing surprisingly little gratitude to the people who offered it.

= =
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:28 PM

Sent as PM instead.
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I am pleased for your HoSS colleagues that you have only - blindly - acted entitled and impertinent in your own name, and not in theirs.

Why don't you take a moment and thank all of those who tried to help you. They all tried.

= =
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:

So tell me what this thread is for... Last time I also checked, people ask really whatever they want to in here (real life questions, rules interpretation, etc.)
Since this thread is in the Official Rules and FAQs subforum, I'd say it should be for OFFICIAL questions.
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I am pleased for your HoSS colleagues that you have only - blindly - acted entitled and impertinent in your own name, and not in theirs.

Why don't you take a moment and thank all of those who tried to help you. They all tried.
Thank you @superfrog , @A3n , @flameslayer93 , and @R˙chean.

~HS2010, thanking only those who helped him.
Old February 7th, 2015, 09:54 PM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

Since this thread is in the Official Rules and FAQs subforum, I'd say it should be for OFFICIAL questions.
*cough* Hey, Cavalier *cough*

~JS, all in good fun

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's