Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 28th, 2014, 08:07 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Galaxy Defenders - The Earth Strikes Back! just started. Also Dust: Operation Babylon and a few others.
Old May 28th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post

I think my friend is getting the Galaxy Defenders one, as he already has the original one from KS. I only got to play once so far and I liked it.

Dust would be fun, but I can't get into another minis game now. Sank a lot into MERCS.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 28th, 2014, 05:23 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I just backed 12 Realms: Ancestors Legacy getting both the base set & the expansion. It's more than I should've gone for but I liked the look of 12 Realms but missed out on it when it through KS. I thought about doing the PnP version but there were just too many components, so I took the dive.
Old May 28th, 2014, 09:41 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

I think my friend is getting the Galaxy Defenders one, as he already has the original one from KS. I only got to play once so far and I liked it.

Dust would be fun, but I can't get into another minis game now. Sank a lot into MERCS.
What scale are those minis in the Defenders game? The Darth Maul guy might be nice to have.
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:46 AM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Quote:

What scale are those minis in the Defenders game? The Darth Maul guy might be nice to have.
I know the heroes are an appropriate scale.
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really? They look a little big in the video but it is hard to tell. Do you know if the hex base on those figures is smaller or larger then a Heroscape hex?

This all might be a mote point though as I see you can't just pledge to get some minis and I don't want the whole game.
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Really? They look a little big in the video but it is hard to tell. Do you know if the hex base on those figures is smaller or larger then a Heroscape hex?

This all might be a mote point though as I see you can't just pledge to get some minis and I don't want the whole game.
Bases are .94" (24mm) across the flats, 1.06" (27mm) point to point. The Predator figure is 1.34 (34 mm) to the eyes. A Kira Jax like figure is 1.18" (30mm) to the eyes. Robocop is 1.44" (36.5mm) to the visor. Maybe a tad big, but I don't think too much. I definitely will be using the Alien figures at some point for Heroscape.
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm watching the new release of BattleCON: War of Indines. It looks like a higher quality release of the original WoI set, which we do not have. On the other hand, we have Devastation of Indines, which has a ridiculous number of characters, most of which we still haven't even played, so I'll probably wait for an opportunity to trade for this. So many games "for trade" on BGG, so few wanted in return...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 30th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I saw this DS and think it's ridiculously expensive for me to consider. I have way too many 2 player games to play between the games I have and friends of mine. After starting to get into Android Netrunner, I couldn't think of another 2p game, especially an expensive one.

It really looks cool though, so I hope one of my gaming group buddies gets it

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 31st, 2014, 12:07 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, Devastation of Indines is just a superior game. It deserves all the applause it's getting, and I'm sure War does, too. If you're the kind of guy who *gets* Tom Vasel's aesthetic, as I am, you should track it down. And by "it," I mean Devastation or War. You would not need or want both, I don't think, until you were sure.

If we played as often as I liked, I'd be tempted. But Devastation has ~30 different characters, which each playing significantly different from the others, and we haven't used more than a handful. So we have a long way to go before I feel like it's important to consider expanding.

That said, this looks like their original, (LINK, left it out of the first post), from a couple of years ago. To get the original content - 18 playable characters, apparently - you need to sign up at the $50 level. That's no joke, and you may be able to get the 30+ character Devastation set I have for a similar investment.

It makes a lot of sense for the serious 2 player gamer who has already worked his way through Devastation, but missed out on War, like I did. I'm just not such an intense gamer that I'm ready to expand my collection like that yet.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 31st, 2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old June 1st, 2014, 08:42 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Backing I-Max's Plugged Nickel playing cards again. They look really cool, and the funding goal is lower this time, so I expect they'll get made. The linked videos provide some reassurance that the quality is there.

Go get 'em, people. I want my darn cards this time!

edit:

= =
Old June 1st, 2014, 09:11 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Backing I-Max's Plugged Nickel playing cards again. They look really cool, and the funding goal is lower this time, so I expect they'll get made. The linked videos provide some reassurance that the quality is there.

Go get 'em, people. I want my darn cards this time!

edit:

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; June 1st, 2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: and my dice and my dealer coin!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games