Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 6th, 2018, 06:05 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscaper 101 customs. [Updated]

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, it does make a decent pricing exercise. Your analysis is of course right, but that's the sort of cost comparison that any custom creator should do with every card.

H101, what made you price it at 145 points?
I was Amphibious before I changed it to Lava Resistant, this Hydra sounds more of a fire Hydra. The point value is something I didn't think through.
Okay, well now that you have time to think it through, what point cost would you choose, and why?
I made some changes to this new Hydra, got rid of Reach and replaced it with Lurking Ambush. There no new card yet, wait for some feedback before, but I was thinking of 185 points for his value.
Reach is a very good power, especially for a unit that can attack 4 times. Lurking Ambush is probably not as good overall. I still have no idea where you're getting these high point costs from. Compare him to the Fen Hydra. Is he better or worse?
His stats are the same as the Fen Hydra, but his Slither power increase's his movement by 2. What do you think I should price him at.
Old December 6th, 2018, 06:07 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well, it does make a decent pricing exercise. Your analysis is of course right, but that's the sort of cost comparison that any custom creator should do with every card.

I was Amphibious before I changed it to Lava Resistant, this Hydra sounds more of a fire Hydra. The point value is something I didn't think through.
Okay, well now that you have time to think it through, what point cost would you choose, and why?
I made some changes to this new Hydra, got rid of Reach and replaced it with Lurking Ambush. There no new card yet, wait for some feedback before, but I was thinking of 185 points for his value.
Reach is a very good power, especially for a unit that can attack 4 times. Lurking Ambush is probably not as good overall. I still have no idea where you're getting these high point costs from. Compare him to the Fen Hydra. Is he better or worse?
His stats are the same as the Fen Hydra, but his Slither power increase's his movement by 2. What do you think I should price him at.
Slither does not increase your movement by 2. It's mostly a flavor power, and doesn't change his point cost by very much. I'm not going to tell you what to price him. Compare him to the Fen Hydra and see which is better. Then pick a point cost from there.
Old December 6th, 2018, 06:25 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Slither does not increase your movement by 2. It's mostly a flavor power, and doesn't change his point cost by very much. I'm not going to tell you what to price him. Compare him to the Fen Hydra and see which is better. Then pick a point cost from there.
I edited the original post for the Hydra, check it out.
Old December 6th, 2018, 06:29 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

The cost is now pretty appropriate. Unfortunately, you've just made the Fen Hydra again. If a map has no water, they play 100% the same.

Also, Amphibious is an existing power. Look it up on the Sahuagin Raider. It's not quite the same as what you used.
Old December 6th, 2018, 06:41 PM

Quote:
The cost is now pretty appropriate. Unfortunately, you've just made the Fen Hydra again. If a map has no water, they play 100% the same.

Also, Amphibious is an existing power. Look it up on the Sahuagin Raider. It's not quite the same as what you used.
This new Hydra has some new Scales that increase movement by 2.
Old December 6th, 2018, 06:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Quote:

My first concern still applies. This is still exactly the same as the Fen Hydra, just with a marginal boost on water maps.
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My first concern still applies. This is still exactly the same as the Fen Hydra, just with a marginal boost on water maps.
This new Hydra has Venomous Fangs that will make him a real Menace.
Old December 6th, 2018, 07:14 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How often will you roll 4 skulls on 4 dice? Once every 16 attacks.

How many 4 skull rolls kill the figure they attack? Most of them, especially against squads.

So you've now created a power that triggers 6 percent of the time. Most of the time, it will have no effect when it triggers. A Maul-like power works best on low-attack figures.
Old December 6th, 2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How often will you roll 4 skulls on 4 dice? Once every 16 attacks.

How many 4 skull rolls kill the figure they attack? Most of them, especially against squads.

So you've now created a power that triggers 6 percent of the time. Most of the time, it will have no effect when it triggers. A Maul-like power works best on low-attack figures.
Is this new Hydra better than the Fen Hydra.
Old December 7th, 2018, 12:11 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What does Range 1 or 2 mean here?
Old December 7th, 2018, 12:27 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Venemous Fangs is a pretty potent attack. Have you ever played with or against Q9? Granted, his is a far greater range, but he is limited to 9 dice. He is feared for a reason.

If I am understanding this ability correctly, what you have here, with the auto skull, if you roll only 1 die per attack with a 50% chance of a skull, is a turn with potentially 12 attacks of 2 skulls each. That doesn't sound like much, but again, what is on the card doesn't always translate well to in-game experience.

If you haven't played Q9 or play tested this unit maybe give one of them a shot and you will have a better idea of the absolute potency of this units power.
Old December 7th, 2018, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
What does Range 1 or 2 mean here?
Is this new Hydra better than the Fen Hydra.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards