Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old September 14th, 2014, 10:20 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

The FLGS is very friendly. At only a $4 difference I'm going to get Cards Against Humanity from them.

The FLGS was closed today (Sunday) so I couldn't ask them if they were getting Space Hulk in and I didn't want to wait until tomorrow in case Space Hulk sold out online. I also figured that since games workshop is allergic to making this game wildly popular and making a ton of cash off it they would probably not let FLGS's sell the game. Seems odd that they don't want to make money off this game when otherwise their business strategy is to charge as much money as possible for unpainted plastic miniatures.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old September 14th, 2014, 11:36 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Gaming group day yesterday. My eldest son came along but we were definitely down in numbers.
We played Power Grid which was a very good game. Very delicate resource balance game with great catch-up mechanics. I would definitely consider purchasing this one if I had some spare cash.

Then we played Saboteur, which I was surprised at. I purchased this for $7 from one of those cheap chinese online stores that I was getting some mini lego-like sets for my boys. I hadn't played it yet & only chucked it in my box for if there was a down-time I could read the rules & try it out but 2 of the guys had played it before so we ended up having a 3-round game. Bang-for-buck it's a great little game with that traitor aspect.

That led us into Resistance. The spies won mainly because one of the resistance led us to believe he was a spy & didn't do anything helpful to change that thought.

Then 6 handed game of Dominion using the Intrigue expansion. Man I suck at this game.

Great day had by all.
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Sounds like a good time A3n!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 15th, 2014, 03:32 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Saboteur is a lot of fun. Saboteur 2 can add a little bit of complexity, you get people working towards other goals and it becomes more difficult to tell who the saboteur might be. It is pretty inexpensive as well.

My son and I enjoy accusing everyone by calling out "Saboteur!" in a dramatic, accusatory voice. 'And that's just what a Saboteur might say!"
Old September 15th, 2014, 05:44 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

Hello Everyone. I Just placed my order For "Dead of Winter" By Plaid hat.
I saw some youtube Video's on this Game play and downloaded the Rules and I thought this a must have in my gaming collection. I can not wait for this to arrive and give a detailed Review of this awesome looking game!

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 15th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon4201976 View Post
I saw some youtube Video's on this Game play and downloaded the Rules and I thought this a must have in my gaming collection. I can not wait for this to arrive and give a detailed Review of this awesome looking game!
I love Dead of Winter, as do many people in my gaming group.

It's best when you can get into the theme and get into the survivors you use, as well as reading the crossroads cards (when they trigger) with flare. It's fun getting into the story of each game as it develops and trying to fulfill the group's objective, while also trying to fulfill your own secret objective, as getting both is the only way you can be one of the winners, unless you are the dirty betrayer of course.

It's neat that you can have no winners, one winner, or several winners.

Can't go into this game as if playing a game of chess. It's best approached when you and your group plan on getting into it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 15th, 2014, 07:05 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Saboteur is a lot of fun. Saboteur 2 can add a little bit of complexity, you get people working towards other goals and it becomes more difficult to tell who the saboteur might be. It is pretty inexpensive as well.

My son and I enjoy accusing everyone by calling out "Saboteur!" in a dramatic, accusatory voice. 'And that's just what a Saboteur might say!"
I will keep my eye out for the sequel, thanx.
Old September 15th, 2014, 07:17 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
I love Dead of Winter, as do many people in my gaming group.

It's best when you can get into the theme and get into the survivors you use, as well as reading the crossroads cards (when they trigger) with flare. It's fun getting into the story of each game as it develops and trying to fulfill the group's objective, while also trying to fulfill your own secret objective, as getting both is the only way you can be one of the winners, unless you are the dirty betrayer of course.

It's neat that you can have no winners, one winner, or several winners.

Can't go into this game as if playing a game of chess. It's best approached when you and your group plan on getting into it.
Well said @Hahma . Definitely more fun when you have a group that is comfortable playing over the top. Although, most games are more fun when you let yourself have fun. I have played with countless people at random game store meet ups (sounds weird, but I'll leave it) that seem to play games for the same reason they eat their vegetables, because they heard it was good for them. I guess everyone experiences "the fun" in their own way, but usually when I am, you can tell from a mile away. Of course, I have been known to have fun in a two hour requirements review, so I might be too easy (fits with the random game store meet-ups. Maybe there should be an app?).

Played 2 half games of DC Comic Crisis expansion yesterday. Messed up the rules on the first, then didn't get to finish the second. It seems rather long for what it is, but I will withhold judgement until we complete a few games.

Looking forward to the long awaited Wave 2 of Rivet Wars arriving today. Leaving early to get home to play a few games.

Are we having fun yet?
Old September 15th, 2014, 08:05 AM

Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby! Dragon4201976 rolls all skulls baby!

? Are there any Fans of Mice and Mystics I was looking into the game and the expansion but it seems kinda Pricy?

Born of Two Signs / Also Might have Two Sides
Old September 15th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
? Are there any Fans of Mice and Mystics I was looking into the game and the expansion but it seems kinda Pricy?
More than a few, I believe. @1Mmirg ?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 15th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Also, @Hahma

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 15th, 2014, 01:30 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I demoed Mice & Mystics at GenCon and thought it was pretty awesome.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games