Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 19th, 2020, 09:06 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - New Designs

One more new design from Helm Jr. that would need his signature on the card...
---------------------------------------
MARVEL

TASKMASTER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
MERCENARY
PRECISE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 3
DEFENSE: 4

ADAPTIVE ATTACK
Add 1 to Taskmaster's attack dice for each revealed Order Marker on this card.

COMBAT PREDICTION 3
When Taskmaster defends against a normal attack, he receives one extra defense die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure, up to a maximum of 3 extra defense dice for Combat Prediction.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 19th, 2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old May 19th, 2020, 10:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great card.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:57 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Great card.
Thank you, T-Bone. My boys are rocking it lately with their designs. They each have a couple of new ones in the hopper, too.

Doctor Fate just might be my favorite design by Lil’Helm. He was a blast to play test and fight against. And I feel that Taskmaster is an elegant design by Helm Jr. that I may try to draft before he can.

After he settled on the mechanics of the two powers for Taskmaster, we did what we usually do and double check against the awesome C3G catalogue just to make sure we didn’t get “too close” to a similar card. On this one we did laugh because the final power on the C3G card has a component that is exactly like the final power on Helm Jr’s card. Ultimately we took at as validation that we captured a good representation of the character. If you agree with the collective mindset of C3G, than you must be doing something right.

Now still to come by the Helm family factory we have:

- Lil’Helm is working on a design that’s bloody nice.
-Matt has been trying to finalize one that kicks a$$ AND another that could be the first to have people object to the HelmAverse.
- And Helm Jr. is almost done with his best design yet, one that won’t make you cry uncle, but it may make you cry ant.

Quite a few others in the draft pool as well so you never know when inspiration will push a new one to the front of the line.
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:13 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Well I'm loving the A3n Star Wars Template, so before he finalizes the look, I though I'd give him a new card write up for the Rebel Alliance faction so that he can check his template choices against a different color scheme.

So I just paid too much for the mini, and here is the write up...
---------------------------------------------------------
LUKE SKYWALKER

HUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
JEDI
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 6
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

HEROIC REBEL
When Luke Skywalker attacks, he may attack 1 additional time for each Unique Hero you control within 5 spaces of Luke Skywalker, with at least 1 wound marker on their card. Luke Skywalker may receive up to a maximum of 2 additional attacks for Heroic Rebel this turn.

STEALTH LEAP
Instead of his normal move, Luke Skywalker may Leap. Leap has a move 3. When counting spaces for a Luke Skywalker's leaping movement, ignore elevations. Luke Skywalker may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Luke Skywalker may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If a Luke Skywalker is engaged when he starts to leap, he does not take any leaving engagement attacks.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mini pics:
Spoiler Alert!

-----------------------------------------------------------
**** PS, I think we should change Darth Vader's "LEAP 2" to simply "STEALTH LEAP" and also allow him 3 spaces.
Quote:
And now for something completely different, I'm venturing into Star Wars (I'll probablys tart a thread in the SciFi section if I plan on doing anymore other than this one and Luke).

Please understand that I don't plan on diving into the whole Star Wars mini universe as they are just too expensive. So once again, my version is "simplified" for a better term. No symbols, no real minute details to distinguish him from other Sith (other than in base stats and a simple power, for example, Darth Maul would have a double attack).

Anyway, the Easter Bunny put a Darth Vader figure in an egg for Dad. So here he is:

DARTH VADER

CYBORG
UNIQUE HERO
SITH
RUTHLESS
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 6
MOVE: 5
ATTACK: 6
DEFENSE: 6

FORCE THROW SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 1, 2 or 3.
Darth Vader starts each turn with 6 attack dice. Choose any figure within range and attack by rolling 1, 2 or 3 attack dice. Darth Vader may keep making special attacks with 1, 2 or 3 attack dice until he has rolled all 6 attack dice. Darth Vader may target the same or different figures with each attack.

LIGHTSABER DUEL
When engaged to a Jedi or Sith, Darth Vader can only attack or be attacked by an adjacent Jedi or Sith.

LEAP 2
Instead of his normal move, Darth Vader may Leap. Leap has a move 2. When counting spaces for a Darth Vader's leaping movement, ignore elevations. Darth Vader may leap over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Darth Vader may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. If a Darth Vader is engaged when he starts to leap, he does take any leaving engagement attacks.
Have you ever considered revisiting these designs? Maybe in another thread?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:47 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

G'day Matt,

Good to hear you around these parts again. Hope all is well in the Helm household.

A few things have irked me about some of my past designs that I wished I hadn't done it that way. And it's mainly about the negative effect powers. Although I don't do many designs any more I often find myself thinking about powers & if a power comes up that has a negative effect I try to catch myself & flip it around so it's a positive power in the opposite circumstance. It maybe just me but I find it harder to remember that I have to apply a negative power than I do a positive.

Anyway with Wendigo, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to drop his defense to 5 & change the "STRATEGIC VULNERABILITY" to add one defense die if he is engaged to one or less figures? Of course you would need a different name for the power. Maybe FOCUSED DEFENSE or something along those lines.
Old May 25th, 2020, 10:38 AM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
G'day Matt,

Good to hear you around these parts again. Hope all is well in the Helm household.

A few things have irked me about some of my past designs that I wished I hadn't done it that way. And it's mainly about the negative effect powers. Although I don't do many designs any more I often find myself thinking about powers & if a power comes up that has a negative effect I try to catch myself & flip it around so it's a positive power in the opposite circumstance. It maybe just me but I find it harder to remember that I have to apply a negative power than I do a positive.

Anyway with Wendigo, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to drop his defense to 5 & change the "STRATEGIC VULNERABILITY" to add one defense die if he is engaged to one or less figures? Of course you would need a different name for the power. Maybe FOCUSED DEFENSE or something along those lines.
You are not going to believe this but I had almost the same thought two days ago. I said to myself, opponents shouldn’t have to police your card so maybe I should rearrange Wendigo’s negative to a bonus in the exact way you say. I refrained only because the theme would be harder to see.

Now that I know my brotha from down unda had literally the exact same thought, I have to pull the trigger.

Consider it done.

EDIT: and now it really is done. Thanks for the excellent suggestion.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 25th, 2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 10:49 AM
Captain Underpants

Hey capsocrates, thanks for checking out the old designs collecting dust in the shed. I was waiting for the American Pickers to come by and see if they would offer me anything for them.

Honestly, Helm Jr. occasionally asks about them. He so probably the one who would like to see them get in the HelmAverse. Right now the two minis are sitting on my copy of Star Wars Risk (the one that was a reimagining of Queens Gambit) as tokens to track the Luke - Vader duel in the game. I got sick of staring at them in my Heroscape minis.

That doesn’t answer your question so I’m sorry. The real answer is it’s possible. I don’t really have ay other Star Ward minis so maybe I thought those two would be lonely.

Also, are the basic designs that interesting that they would mix well in the HemAverse? I don’t know, maybe. I’ll ask the boys and see what they say.

EDIT: this was post #3000 for Mr. Helm. Not quite the MLB 3000 hit club but satisfying nonetheless.

Last edited by Matt Helm; May 26th, 2020 at 12:16 AM.
Old May 25th, 2020, 01:14 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Well, I like what you did, so make of that what you will. I did decide I'm looking for something a little more scaled back on the power scale for myself, but I would like to see where you land with them (and any other Star Wars figures; some are very expensive but some are not that bad)

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 26th, 2020, 02:01 AM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
G'day Matt,

You are not going to believe this but I had almost the same thought two days ago. I said to myself, opponents shouldn’t have to police your card so maybe I should rearrange Wendigo’s negative to a bonus in the exact way you say. I refrained only because the theme would be harder to see.

Now that I know my brotha from down unda had literally the exact same thought, I have to pull the trigger.

Consider it done.

EDIT: and now it really is done. Thanks for the excellent suggestion.
After that I forgot to reduce the defense value. Can you please delete the Wendigo card from the gallery so I can put up the corrected one. Sorry.
Old May 26th, 2020, 08:39 AM
Captain Underpants

Deleted.

And please note that I dropped his points by 10 to 300 because with the new wording a ranged attack only needs a s as ingle engagement to benefit from the lower defense.

Thank you.
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Deleted.

And please note that I dropped his points by 10 to 300 because with the new wording a ranged attack only needs a s as ingle engagement to benefit from the lower defense.

Thank you.
Glad you pointed out that price change. Update made.
Old May 26th, 2020, 11:12 PM

Dr Fate:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations