Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old December 9th, 2016, 11:18 AM

Arnevar is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Arnevar's Custom Marvel Legends

Here are some samples of my work.

Last edited by Arnevar; December 9th, 2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old December 11th, 2016, 04:22 AM

Re: Arnevar's Custom Marvel Legends

So, no interest whatsoever?
Old December 11th, 2016, 05:14 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Well, they're not Heroscape cards and this is a forum for Heroscape. You'd have to at least provide a link for whatever rule set you're using for these for anyone to be able to know what to comment on, they're just a bunch of gibberish right now. Even if I did know the rule set, I personally don't really have any interest in whatever this is from what I can tell of it, especially if I have to occasionally wade through meaningless flavor text in the middle of the powers while trying to figure out what it is they actually do.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 11th, 2016, 11:23 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnevar View Post
So, no interest whatsoever?
There are a few reasons there is not very much interest. 1. Im pretty sure most of these have been done before. More than once. Also the format doesn't follow heroscape very well. I appreciate where you're trying to go with the images in the text and such but the overall card is pretty bland. Its an image pasted on a plain white background with some text. There is not a hitzone to tell where you target the figures. The powers are not very clear. Soundwarps comment was brutal but had some good points in it. Dont give up on custom making especially if you have fun with it. My intent here is trying to be helpful without being rude in any way. Welcome to the boards.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 11th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Most people don't post their work just to get feedback. We post because we want to share.

With Marvel you are up against a hill, I can think of 3 or 4 people with detailed Marvel customs already, not including the C3G stuff, which is playtested and designed to the point that you never need to worry about balance concerns.

Keep posting, explaining and sharing. People may look and pass by, some may comment. Best of luck!

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 11th, 2016, 12:12 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

As far as I can tell, they follow the same basic Heroscape card profile, mostly just a different layout and look. I've seen plenty of custom cards using different layouts and styles while retaining the same core traits. So I'm not sure why you got a response with a "these don't belong here" tone to it.

Otherwise there are some good points in the above posts. To gain interest in anything, things need to be displayed well, organized well, and provide sufficient description of the project. Everything here is vague and generally unattractive.

If you look around the website, you'll find a lot of great customs shared here. You'll also get a sense of what this community is used to and the designs that have preceeded yours. I'm sure you've put a lot of time into these and are excited to share them. Hopefully you can find a way to share yours in a way that makes them unique yet follows the standards this community is accustomed to.
Old December 11th, 2016, 02:57 PM

Thanks to all but the douchebag that had first comment. I did post for feedback since I'm not gonna do more work if there's no interest whatsoever. Based on these comments it's plain that what I have isn't pretty enough to be looked at seriously or given a chance, and thats totally ok, I just wanted to know up front. I have no skill or time for redesigning the cards basically for myself since there's no interest. In my defense, this playstyle is much much more immersive since each character has an arsenal of abilities not just the same stats copied and pasted with maybe 1 or 2 truly unique abilities. That being said, again, thanks for the honest feedback, have fun 'scaping.
Old December 11th, 2016, 03:15 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Sorry if my post came across as too harsh, but I assumed you wanted some in depth critique, which no one can give if they don't know how your game works. Like, if stun works how I'm assuming it works, I think it's a bit too powerful to have on so many cards, but I don't know for sure because I don't actually know how it works.

But again, sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean to come off as a jerk, I probably shouldn't have posted while I was shot up on pain meds.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 11th, 2016, 03:21 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There are several valid points made above. I understand notnhaving time to doll up your cards, and trying to add some depth to the game. Your wording is not 'Scape language. You have no reference to height adjustment, for moving, percentiles are not used in scape. That's my honest opinion. On a more positive note if you are trying to make up your cards as your own unique skirmish type game, they would work well in that aspect.
Old December 11th, 2016, 05:56 PM

Well I still don't think there's any interest here but I will try to explain. % are very easy to calculate with the 20D. 5% = 1/20 and so forth. Most height rules are the same as regular heroscape. We play height only helps on defense since the attacks are already high and numerous. Stuns make a character lose their turn, however most passives would still be in effect and stunned units still have defense. Tripped units can take a turn and even attack but cannot move. Each character has a specific movement type which has its own set of rules for movement. (Flying, swinging, grapple, running, climbing) but they still work off the basic understanding of heroscape movement. Sorry if I read too much into your reply, Soundwarp
Old December 14th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Do you have a rule set you can post?

Hellfire has made a system a lot like what you have.
Here it is.
And here.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old December 18th, 2016, 02:57 PM

I will try to post a basic rule set in the next few days

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations