Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 6th, 2015, 04:09 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

I did a fair amount of internal testing before I posted this, but if anyone has balance thoughts on this design I'm interested to hear them.
I have this mini and the sculpt & detail are great. His tail and swords could lead to "stinger-denial" issues.

Are you thinking peanut base or large-round?
Old April 6th, 2015, 04:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Are you thinking peanut base or large-round?
large round. Same base size as Morgoloth, yes?
Old April 6th, 2015, 04:47 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Kon-Tar-Na
I'm unfortunately a little late for commenting on Kon-Tar-Na since you have already submitted him to the SoV. Since my comments are workshop based, I figure I'll put them here rather than on the submission thread.

When I glanced at him earlier, I assumed he was just an updated version of your previous Hivelord that I had tested for you earlier but I see the changes are more substantial. For one, while I understand some of the reasons behind changing Leaping Assault and his movement, the end effect feels a little cluttered and inelegant. Having more move is nice when dealing with roads or movement bonuses, or avoiding Leaping Assualt in those cases also curbs his maneuverability, but the end result just feels clunky. While it changes some things, I don't think those corner cases are problematic enough to justify all the additional rules rather than just giving him move 4 in the first place and not restricting when he can leap.

The other major change, besides points, was making it so he only gets the extra leap and attack if he destroys a figure. I can attest how powerful and versatile it was to essentially have a double attack with an optional leap in between so I think this goes a long way in smoothing that over. He'll be a nightmare against squads, true (especially with higher attack), but the requiring the first kill and the bump in cost probably balances him out a bit more.

I think the new guy is pushing it for a Marro but I sympathize when it comes to miniature limitations. I really like him, but I think the design is suffering from trying too hard to address a few corner cases.

Executioner 6000
I certainly am intrigued about this design. I think the adjustment to the roll makes a big difference for exploding the Deathreavers, making Deathstalkers or the Zettian Infantry much more attractive. While 6000 links to his defense of 6, I can see arguments for distancing him some more for the Deathwalkers given his 3 life. I don't know how he balances out but I am curious. I think you could probably stand to give an extra boost for blowing up a huge soulborg. Even though none exist right now, I don't think the first one that does will break the bank comboing with him, it's thematic, and it gives a fun little hint to a potential future.
Old April 6th, 2015, 07:56 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I see nothing that stands out as problematic. My initial worry is the potency of popping Deathreavers, but the chances of that hitting seem sufficiently low. Could be awesome with Hoplitrons.
I might run a quick game or two with Hops as I've considered the possibility but just want to make sure it isn't broken with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
That's a creative unit. I like it for the most part, but I still have some concerns.

First, the name. "6000" makes him seem like a Deathwalker, or related to the Deathwalkers. I'd pick a different number. Have you thought about making him a Warden? I'm not sure if that's the best fit either, but if he stays as an Executioner, I'd like a different number tacked on.

Also, I'm curious as to what planet he's from, Alpha Prime or Isadora? All Utgar soulborgs from Alpha Prime are either "Death___" or "Zettian ___". The Executioner idea seems to fit with a prison planet, though.
I lean Isadora for the reasons you mention. I'm not married to the 6000 and if I do go Isadora an 816 type numeration could work. 616 is playing around in my head for symbolic reasons or maybe going with something like 729 or 217 or some other set of numbers that sounds right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Executioner 6000
I certainly am intrigued about this design. I think the adjustment to the roll makes a big difference for exploding the Deathreavers, making Deathstalkers or the Zettian Infantry much more attractive. While 6000 links to his defense of 6, I can see arguments for distancing him some more for the Deathwalkers given his 3 life. I don't know how he balances out but I am curious. I think you could probably stand to give an extra boost for blowing up a huge soulborg. Even though none exist right now, I don't think the first one that does will break the bank comboing with him, it's thematic, and it gives a fun little hint to a potential future.
So far he's been pretty balanced when I was playing him with rats and a higher percentage of wounds than he has now. He's lost to MacDirks, Shieldsmiths, and Knights. The short range and the fact that he's blowing up the screen protecting him help keep him from being too tough to take down.

I wanted to include a separate roll for huge but initially decided not to due to there being no huge soulborgs and uncertainty on space. Based upon my numbers the one that would put him most in line with the original figure is a +10 roll for being huge (expected 2 wounds). I'm not opposed to it, I'm mostly afraid of it detracting from the figure rather than adding to it. If it doesn't though, I'd happily want to include it.

~Dysole, appreciative of feedback
Old April 6th, 2015, 09:06 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Executioner 616 sounds nice.
Old April 6th, 2015, 11:24 PM
Um... Why am I a moderator?

Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness Evar-Scarcarver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
616?

(only Marvel nerds will get this)
Old April 6th, 2015, 11:44 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evar-Scarcarver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
616?

(only Marvel nerds will get this)
Or eagle eyed people who watched Thor 2 (It was on Eric Selvig's board during the lecture). But yes, mostly us who are Marvel comics geeks.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old April 7th, 2015, 01:53 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
So Close

Except that's not at all why I chose 616.

~Dysole, giving kudos to those who can figure out why
Old May 6th, 2015, 07:52 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm contemplating sinking some time into playtesting and eventually submitting a new custom but I'd like to do a quick sanity test to see if the miniature would at all fit. While I welcome any and all comments, I am particularly looking for whether the Pazuzu miniature from Pathfinder Miniatures - The Lost Coast passes for a Raptoran or not. Here is my card idea and some pictures:

The size, 4 wings, and particularly the scorpion tail all set him apart from the beakface sneaks and even the warwitch, but those miniatures are already distinct from each other. I like to justify that the Raptorans studied genetic engineering as well (though not going as far as the Marro), building an enhanced and distinct warlord to fight for them. What do others think?
Old May 6th, 2015, 08:25 PM

jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker jedilou knows what's in an order marker

Love it.
Nice beatstick that will fall to swarms and melee heroes (although engagement strike helps) but not so much to range.
The sculpt is great.
Just make sure he doesn't totally outclass the Venoc and Azurite Warlords. Points can make sure it is balanced. You are probably close anyway.
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I'm not really a fan of the tail. But that's something that could be easily cut off, right? The existing raptorian minis are all from the Kenku race (Tengu in Pathfinder), and this guy looks close in a lot of ways, but the tail strikes me as odd.
Old May 6th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Any differences can easily be explained by genetic enhancements or selective breeding, which, in doing so, would expand the Raptorian lore and make them a more interesting race. Looks cool, and I'm game.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards