Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old January 5th, 2012, 08:56 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Terrain - Shipping Containers

And if cars could fit inside... or figures... so cool.

I'm seeing a 'Super 8' like scenario where you have to keep some creature contained....

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old January 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
TRASH OR TREASURE
At the start of the game, place 1 randomly chosen Equipment Glyph and the Glyph of Loot power side down on this card. When this Shipping Container is destroyed by a normal adjacent attack from a Unique Hero, you may reveal one Equipment Glyph from this card at random and place it on that figures army card if possible, or place it on the space occupied by the figure.
This is a power I was tinkering with a while back in this thread.
Old January 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM

yummypie is surprisingly tart

the link doesn't work

C3G Books of Index
My Customs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
E=MC^2+3D6
Old January 5th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

If you are talking about the one to the PDF in the OP, I just fixed it.
Old January 6th, 2012, 01:21 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

These look like a great idea. Could you throw a few pictures up of the finished product for me? I'd like to see exactly how the match stick step turns out. Would love to see them on a board with a figure or two around them too so I can get a better idea of how they size up too. How many hexes high are they anyway? Thanks. I have some foam core already at the house so this might be my next terrain project.
Old January 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How big are these things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:16 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
These look like a great idea. Could you throw a few pictures up of the finished product for me? I'd like to see exactly how the match stick step turns out. Would love to see them on a board with a figure or two around them too so I can get a better idea of how they size up too. How many hexes high are they anyway? Thanks. I have some foam core already at the house so this might be my next terrain project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I just read the whole thread trying to figure out what these were supposed to be. At first I thought they were a custom storage device to carry terrain in, then some sort of building. Finally at the very end I read the title again and the 'ahhh moment' happened, Shipping Containers, the ones on huge transport vessels. Man I am thick sometimes. Very cool and the matchstick idea is brilliant. I have been trying to figure out a good way to lock in custom terrain.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
Yeah, I haven't finished these yet as I ran into some issues with the PDF creation. When I added the worn-look transparent layer it somehow added an effect to the other layers even when the worn-look layer is off. I haven't managed to solve this yet, when I do I will hopefully have pictures that will correctly identify what these are & how they work.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
How big are these things?
The 40ft ones are 5 hexes long & 1 wide.
Old January 20th, 2012, 08:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Okay so I went ahead made 4 of these things. Here is a report on my experience and some pictures. I just cleared some space for them on an old board so the pics are pretty generic, but they they give you some context none the less.

After seeing some posts on here about having issues with one of the layers, I just had them printed out (at an office depot) using the basic settings. I do wish I could have had the graffiti added on and will most likely add some of my own via a paint brush later on.

I went with 2 blue, 1 red, & 1 green because those were the 3 colored sharpies that I already had in the house and I'm glad I did. When they were assembled prior to gluing, I had a ton of white showing along all the edges so being able to color them in was huge. However, I thought all 3 of the sharpies were the same, thick tipped variety but the green one turned out to be a very thin tipped one which ended up being a pain to use. So I suggest using the thick tipped ones.

Here is a pic showing how they size up with some Heroclix figures. They stand 5 hexes tall (Grish's 1 story building is 6 hexes tall) and easily hide even pretty big single based figures standing next to them like the Hulk.

As you may have noticed, I only added the 4 match stick halves to the top of two of the four. That is because they did not work out all that well. I had problems pushing them into their spots and after doing it twice I decided that would be the end of that step for me. As you can see in the pic above though, leaving them flat on top allows you to stack them in different ways to create tunnels. The matchsticks along the bottom do work quite well though and hold the shipping container in place nicely.

As you can see with Dr. Fate in the picture above, those flying heroclix figures that are held up in the air by some clear plastic get a LOS advantage as they can see over them. I don't know what all of you do with these figures, but I am planning on removing the shaft of clear plastic that holds them up so high at some point. Even though I know they could technically fire while in the air, I think it evens the playing field a bit if they need to be grounded to establish the stable firing platform needed for an accurate shot.

They really work quite well for dividing up the board and creating a maze like atmosphere for grounded figures. I could see someone making a pretty awesome board using a dozen or so of these and little else other then a flat layer of hexes for them to sit on.

All in all, other then the 4 wooded match stick haves, I'd say the project went together pretty easily and are worth the time and effort spent on them. I estimate that the first one took me about an hour and 15 minutes to fully cut out, assemble and glue. That was somewhat due to me taking my time to make sure I was doing each step correctly. Once I had gone through the process once and had a better idea of what I was doing they went faster. The second one taking about an hour, then the last two (minus one match stick step) took about 45 minutes each as I was quite comfortable with each step by that point.
Old January 20th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Those look great.
Old January 21st, 2012, 10:58 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Those look really nice!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 22nd, 2012, 01:07 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Okay so I went ahead made 4 of these things. Here is a report on my experience and some pictures. I just cleared some space for them on an old board so the pics are pretty generic, but they they give you some context none the less.

After seeing some posts on here about having issues with one of the layers, I just had them printed out (at an office depot) using the basic settings. I do wish I could have had the graffiti added on and will most likely add some of my own via a paint brush later on.
The issue actually isn't with the graffiti layers, the issue is the normal layers when I added the weathered layers to the file. You could have printed the graffiti ones fine.
Quote:
I went with 2 blue, 1 red, & 1 green because those were the 3 colored sharpies that I already had in the house and I'm glad I did. When they were assembled prior to gluing, I had a ton of white showing along all the edges so being able to color them in was huge.
You can use black sharpie for any coloured containers. It still gives it that finished look. Actually when using a black sharpie on these it gives me the feel of comic book picture which isn't a bad effect.
Quote:
I suggest using the thick tipped ones.
agreed.
Quote:
As you may have noticed, I only added the 4 match stick halves to the top of two of the four. That is because they did not work out all that well. I had problems pushing them into their spots and after doing it twice I decided that would be the end of that step for me.
What issue did you have? You did cut through the cardboard first (step 8 ) I hope.
Quote:
All in all, other then the 4 wooded match stick haves, I'd say the project went together pretty easily and are worth the time and effort spent on them. I estimate that the first one took me about an hour and 15 minutes to fully cut out, assemble and glue. That was somewhat due to me taking my time to make sure I was doing each step correctly. Once I had gone through the process once and had a better idea of what I was doing they went faster. The second one taking about an hour, then the last two (minus one match stick step) took about 45 minutes each as I was quite comfortable with each step by that point.
Great stuff, I am glad you tried them out.
Old January 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
C3G Landlord

I cut out the small white squares on top and soon found them to be smaller then the match sticks, so I then cut them a little bigger. The bottom squares are sized perfectly though and take the top of the matchsticks fine. The problem arose when I started pushing the matchsticks into the foam core. They did not go very far in before the foam being pushed down built up into a barrier. I managed to get some of them in okay, but a few resisted quite a bit. Obviously they all eventually went in, it just was not easy. One even twisted off and ended up going in a a bit of an angle so I ended having to add some glue to keep it in place straight up and down.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library