Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 11th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Considering that, except for the compatibility agreement, the two projects function differently in every way, I think that going back to the way things were makes the most sense.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:56 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Given that some poor saps such as myself aren't even totally sure what the C3V group is or does, keeping SoV here would sure help minimize my confuzzlement.
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

C3V is creating entire custom waves from the ground up, to be released as an complete package.

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I like SoV and C3V in a designated sandbox.

It's easier for me as a tournament director. Those are the two projects seeking to expand the official canon through peer review and rigorous playtesting, and I have no problem at all with them being separate from the other threads and projects with their different goals and mechanics.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:45 PM

Yeah, I guess that how each project functions shouldn't have any influence on how they are packaged here. Really it's where each project gets their customs that seperates them, imo. To me it just makes the most sense to keep the SoV units with the threads they originated in.

Old May 13th, 2011, 10:59 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Yeah, I guess that how each project functions shouldn't have any influence on how they are packaged here. Really it's where each project gets their customs that seperates them, imo. To me it just makes the most sense to keep the SoV units with the threads they originated in.
I think also that being in a subforum will ultimately lead to fewer submissions as well, since less people will ever go look at the subforum. Where it is now, everyone who drops by the customs forum will see the SoV project, and will maybe think to themselves "hey, you know, this guy I made/saw/whatever was really cool, and seemed really well done, I should submit him to that SoV thing and see if they like him too!", whereas if it is in the subforum, only people who are really interested in it will ever go there and see it.

I agree with Killo, though. Since this is the source of the customs you're dealing with, it makes sense to put them in this forum. You could argue for moving the books to a subforum, and I would say the way to handle that would be to have the current C3v and SoV forum renamed back to C3V, or possibly "C3V project main forum" and have another subforum (here in the main customs forum) labeled "C3V and SoV completed units", which could hold the books, book index, display thread, etc, etc, etc, for the finished products. That sets them apart from the main customs forum, as the special "semi-official customs", keeps the C3V "in progress/promo/whatever" discussion separate from the finished units (less clutter for people who just want to play with this new stuff), and keeps the SoV here where it's nominees come from. Maybe that's a terrible idea, but I think that would be a pretty efficient organization for all this. Maybe others would disagree with me on that, but that's their option.

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old May 14th, 2011, 01:50 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I also vote YES to review Herd Chief Baabas and Ibixian Ridge Raiders by Typhon2222.
Oh boy, does this mean they made it to review? Even if they don't end up making the final cut, just getting this far is an honor.

We've updated the portrait pic for the Ibixian Ridge Raiders. We thought they looked a bit too garish and cartoonish before, like goat-flavored butterscotch candy. This version better reflects their real appearance — less goofy, slightly more menacing.

(I've also updated the original post accordingly.)

IBIXIAN RIDGE RAIDERS
Old May 15th, 2011, 05:28 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

In another thread I recall a possible confusion with Surefooted, and I think it's still unclear to me. Compare for example Flying which starts out: “When counting spaces for _____’s movement ignore elevations.” In practice when a flying figure moves up it ignores counting spaces for movement purposes and also for a figure’s height requirements. When it moves down it ignores counting spaces to check for falling damage.

Is this also the intent for the Ibixian Ridge Raider’s? Can an Ibixian Ridge Raider climb up 6 spaces, despite having a height of 5, because it ignores the first 3 spaces for both movement and height requirements? Can they drop 7 spaces without rolling for falling damage? That’s how I’m reading it.

If not (as I think you've indicated in that other thread) you could riff off of the Climb ability and say:

Surefooted 3
When moving up levels of terrain, Ibixian Ridge Raiders do not count movement [is movement points better?] for the first 3 levels.

In either case I think you should use Climb's “levels of terrain” instead of “levels of elevation change per hex”.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs

Last edited by Strack9; May 15th, 2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: movement vs. movement points
Old May 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolamos View Post
The Figure is From Reaper, Legendary Encounters. It is called "bathalian."

Auggies - 9
CoolStuffinc - 2
Miniature Market - 4
Reaper Miniatures - Seems like they have an unlimited Amount.
Wonder Trail - It let me add over 100 to my cart.
Chaos Mail Order - 1
CCG Armory - It let me add over 100 to my cart.
Game Master Dice - 2

The custom figure + Card is currently being sold by Auggie, who I believe is able to order more at any time. Maybe?
I believe this is the case. Unlike most of the figures we are talking about, I'm pretty sure Legendary Encounters figures are still in print. I know skeletal swordsmen were out of stock everywhere a few months ago, but now appear to be easily available again.
Reaper has most still available except for a few sku's which are in production for restock. In particular the Skeletons were out when I placed my last order. I emaled reaper directly and they said that it would be about 2 months and they should be back. This came straight from reaper so hopefully it's accurate.

FYI, the amounts available at my site are not exactly reflecting my real stock since I split it between customs for Scape and normal D&D line plus any I have on Ebay. The real amount I have on hand are the combined amounts of all three. Also, I can get many more of each with about a 3 week total turn around through my wholesaler (they special order though reaper then ship them to me).
One last note, they did just increase their prices recently on the 3 packs in particular.
Did this answer your questions?
.....Andrew
Thanks for the support! I am glad that there are enough figures for Cxurgy to be considered!

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:09 PM

Ibixian Ridge Raiders and Herd Chief Baabas by Typhon2222 and Sertorius have each received 4 YES to review votes (Dad_Scaper, Killometer, nyys, ZBeeblebrox) and move on in the process.

Last edited by Killometer; May 15th, 2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Oops, counted an extra vote
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:13 PM

Sertorius is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
In another thread I recall a possible confusion with Surefooted, and I think it's still unclear to me. Compare for example Flying which starts out: “When counting spaces for _____’s movement ignore elevations.” In practice when a flying figure moves up it ignores counting spaces for movement purposes and also for a figure’s height requirements. When it moves down it ignores counting spaces to check for falling damage.

Is this also the intent for the Ibixian Ridge Raider’s? Can an Ibixian Ridge Raider climb up 6 spaces, despite having a height of 5, because it ignores the first 3 spaces for both movement and height requirements? Can they drop 7 spaces without rolling for falling damage? That’s how I’m reading it.

If not (as I think you've indicated in that other thread) you could riff off of the Climb ability and say:

Surefooted 3
When moving up levels of terrain, Ibixian Ridge Raiders do not count movement [is movement points better?] for the first 3 levels.

In either case I think you should use Climb's “levels of terrain” instead of “levels of elevation change per hex”.

I see what you mean, Strack9. I think that as it is worded now, climbing and falling are excluded de facto. Maybe the SoV judges will have something to say about this issue eventually.

At any rate, Typhon is gone on vacation and so I cant make any more edits to the card. I could upload a new one myself, but then we have two versions posted and that's just a recipe for a mess!
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM

I interpreted it to work the same way I designed my Rat Swarms' Scramble ability to work-if you move to a hex 1-3 levels higher than the one you start on you count is as moving 1 space, if you try to move to a hex 4+ levels higher you have to count all the spaces.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs