Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 7th, 2009, 05:42 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker
Tolamos's Customs!

The Newest wave of Custom Heroscape Figures!

This little set of mine contains 16 Army Cards: 5 Aquilla Cards, 2 Jandar, 4 Utgar, 1 Einar, 3 Ullar, and 1 Vydar.

For the Aquilla Figures, I focused heavily on the tribal side of things. I wanted figures that would fill out this tribal theme that Aquilla has going on, because it seems like the dwarves have taken over.

This First Aquilla figure is a Tribesman Hero Named. Babakwayzue. This figure is a Reaper figure, and it actually came in a pack of 3 figures (the other 2 figures were made into the Zuwaolo Warriors). When designing this figure, I originally had him as sort of a magic man. Then I changed my idea and made him into a crazy guy! For his power, I wanted him to just go crazy when he got wounded, a little like Krug. However, unlike Krug, Babakwayzue starts attacking more.

--------------------------

Next is the Zuwaolo Warriors. As mentioned before, the figures used for these guys are from Reaper and came in the same pack as Babakwayzue. For the Zuwaolo Warriors, I really wanted to get the point across that these shields are tough. Aquilla herself has blessed them, so now they have the power to stop anything. That is why their power works on normal and special attacks, and adjacent and unadjacent figures. As an added bonus, I added the Tribe Movement special power to get the tribe heroes moving closer to the battle.

-------------------------------

Up next is the Water Sorceress Nereida. She is, in a very basic sense, a combination of a water elemental and a Nakita Agent. She is very useful when there is water, and let's face it, almost all maps have water. Again, this is an unpainted Reaper miniature. (I tend to buy a lot of Reaper mini's. I don't mind painting them. In fact, that is one of the most fun parts when creating a custom figure.)

-----------------------------------

Has anyone ever watched the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson? It is hilarious! Well, for those of you who do watch it, you might recognize these next figures. The Robot Skeletons! I saw these figures and just had to get them. (yes, they are Reaper) So first of all, the have to be lava resistant because everyone knows that Craig's Robot Skeleton Army lives in a volcano. Next I wanted a power that has the potential to be hilarious. What is better than temperamental robots? You take a turn with them, when all of a sudden one of them just explodes and takes out a few figures with him.

---------------------------------

Next is a real hero of the Moon Tribe. M'weowa. Yep, it is pronounced just like it looks. M'weowa is a Werewolf Tribesman (well, tribeswoman) and the figure is from Reaper. She brings the ability to get up in the enemies face and rip them up, that is, as long as the dice are on your side. She adds a lot to a Mohican army, and works great with the Zuwaolo. She can put that so called Werewolf "lord" back in his place.

----------------------------------

The next figure Fights for Jandar. Jandar, it seems, has very little Heroes with range. Patrick is here to show that Jandar can pack a punch from a range. The figure I used here actually started out as a "handful of heroes" figure, believe it or not. I have no idea what hero he was, but it doesn't really matter. Now he has become an Irishman with a bow. I think the greatest thing about this guy is the simple fact that he is a Human Champion. Epic support for the knights and Scotts!

----------------------------

Can anyone say "Penguin with a Machine-gun?" This has been a running thing going way back to before I can remember (I have a really bad memory). People joke around about how funny Heroscape is because it throws everything in together. People joked "next they will come up with a Penguin with a Machine-gun." Well, unfortunately the age of classic 'scape is over, and we have no penguins... well, you don't. I DO!! Oswald! Don't even try to search for this figure, because I can assure you that you will only find it here. This figure was handcrafted by... me!

------------------------------------

Please post thoughts

P.S. If anyone wishes to help playtest some figures go for it! Then just post here or PM me.

Other Figures:
Spoiler Alert!

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"

Last edited by Tolamos; May 13th, 2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: New Figures
Old November 7th, 2009, 06:11 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Tolamos's Customs

You probably are better off putting all of your customs in one thread.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old November 9th, 2009, 01:49 PM

Jesusfreak13 Woo who?

Miyoko no Haru's "meditation" thing seems too difficult to attain. first, it requires that you do not move or attack with her, which sacrifices her healing waters ability. then, it requires that you have revealed order markers with her, which means you have taken at least one turn with her and done absolutely nothing with her. and since she already has a reasonable defense of 3, it makes the sacrifice seem like a bad option.
i suggest that you turn "revealed" into "unrevealed" this makes it so you can put your "x" marker on her and she still gets +2 defense.
hope this is helpful.
Old November 9th, 2009, 02:11 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good Day

Since I am mostly interested in the Samurai I will focus on the Samurai in your group. Not trying to be critical or nit-picking, but trying to give constructive criticism.

Meditation
Like mentioned above it is far too hard and costly to use the way it is written. She cant move for a whole round AND have revealed OMs on her. I cannot putting an OM on her so that I can reveal and NOT move or attack (though I can use healing waters) just to get the 2 extra defense dice. It would be alot better if it was an 'unrevealed OM' That way she has a little extra defense if you plan to use her at the end of the round or with the X OM.

Second issue I have is with the Samurai class attached to her. 'Samurai' does not feel right for this character, the only thing samurai-ish is the counterstrike power at the end. Healing waters does not really mix with the whole idea of Samurais. She is more of a healer/defensive character, I can see being a Monk making sense as they are more mystical in that regards.

Finally, not trying to be sexist, but were there any female samurai? In the era of the Samurai it was a very Honor-bound class. The culture of the samurai was dictated by a strict code, I can not see a female being taught the way of the samurai in that society.
Then again, I suppose it can in a hollywood movie (though I cant recall any movie with a female samurai).

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old November 9th, 2009, 11:52 PM

Due to complaints about no Haru (and after a failed play-test), I have changed her power to just be with unrevealed OMs. I also deleted Water Healing. As for the Samurai class, she is more like a female japanese warrior, but I wanted her to have the bonding with Kato. Also added several more customs. thanks for the input!

My Customs! Trades

Old November 10th, 2009, 05:37 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

no Haru looks fine now, though a little plain. I would say 80 points is a bit steep for a melee single attack figure with no bonding and average stats. Put to at least 60 points, maybe less.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old November 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM

Updated no haru and added several new customs. I have started making figures for them! I have almost finished making a figure for John Robeson and he looks pretty sweet! How can I post pictures of my completed units?

My Customs! Trades

Old November 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM

Jesusfreak13 Woo who?

upload your pictures to your photobucket acount and then copy the IMG address and then paste it in the "insert image" box.
by the way, love the new customs!
Old November 17th, 2009, 02:56 PM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

William Raff there are 2 things to consider about this
#1 Your Sniper Special Attack would never get thru a figure with Tough (Gorillinators)
#2 Parachute is not a good name for not taking damage from a fall....consider if a figure falls from a height of 7 if you consider each height about 1 foot a parachute would never open in time. REPELLING is a better name (using rope to climb down from height) and still stays with the soldier theme

John Robeson will have the same problem if he uses the Machine gun, he would not be able to kill a figure with TOUGH or similar ability that gives a figure an automatic defense die.

I would cost your Giants of Nephilim at about 150 points but 8 attacks for a common squad is VERY high

Other than those I think they are decent customs

Last edited by wolfeman1968; November 17th, 2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old November 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM

Updated the giants, made Robeson's special attack even more special, and added General Thomas S. Frimon! I'm not sure about his price though... What do you think?

My Customs! Trades

Old November 19th, 2009, 08:52 AM

Jesusfreak13 Woo who?

180 seems about right for frimon if not a little underpriced. the reason is air support. he can hit anyone anywhere that is not under an overhang. I would suggest you at least limit it to someone that he can see if not someone that is within 5-7 clear sight spaces.
Old November 19th, 2009, 05:00 PM

On the contrary, I believe Air strike is reasonable considering it can only be used once per game. 180 might be underpriced though. I will do some play-testing this weekend. BTW, are there any good programs out there for making cards for a Mac? Preferably free programs.

My Customs! Trades

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards