Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 27th, 2008, 10:35 PM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart
Grok riders

Behold!

Seems they will have the same issues that the Templar Calvary have. Marro Warlord bonding might be fun though.

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Old May 27th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Grok riders

Oh, I wanted to do this... I had a post typed up and everything. Bah. ANYWAYS, the actual units...

They would make a great strike team for Ne-Gok-Sa. Have him tie them up, then send the Groks by the beat their faces in. Or some backup, just in case Me-Burq-Sa is engaged. Very cool... lack of Hive support is fine, as I think they're justified.

But 7 move? Ouch... 8 would have flowed MUCH better with our other mounts. Do the Templar have 8 move? I think they do...
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:42 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

is there any other units that are hunters yet?
i don't have all the figures and can't quite remeber,
but is there anything for hunters as a special ability or somethin?

but i agree they will be a nice strike force, but not the best of course
maybe the new marro worm will be a warlord, (probly a hivelord though)
but tha'd be pretty cool to go along with them,
but they will be pretty good with a backbone of some stingers or warriors,
but i think they do cost quite a bit, but that warlord's order thing can hurt big when taking down someone big,

DeadEye

Last edited by DeadEye; May 27th, 2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: i wanted to........
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:44 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah, they don't seem very good. With only Ne-gok-sa and the Me-burq-sa to bond with, they seem to miss the mark...

And the Grok training special ability is worthless; the Hive can't resurrect large figures anyway, if I'm correct.

The Templar just seem better, and they're not very good, either....
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:46 PM

Hilo-scaper is surprisingly tart

They do seem a little expensive, but bonding is a great asset. I think 7 move is fine and prior to the card preview, I was wondering if they were going to be allowed to be reborn by the Hive. It would have been nice, but I think it would have made the Hive too powerful.
Anyway, one question: If more than one Marro Warlord is adjacent to a figure that a Grok Rider is attacking, would they get +2 attack dice for each adjacent Warlord or just +2 attack period?

Latest great traders: pjnormandin, Porkins, Dad_Scaper, beisaic, Greyelephant, the incredible mate, FerryMarcellis, MacBryce, bige51148, Nano*22, Retlaw, Just_a_Bill, Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:47 PM

Elites are #1 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

They have some defense issues like the Templar. To answer that question by johnny139, The templar move 8 spaces.

"Were it so easy"- The Arbiter
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM

Myrkridia Giant knows what's in an order marker Myrkridia Giant knows what's in an order marker

But Templar vs. Grok riders would be awesome! Spears break, beasts howl, armies droping by hundreds of points every single round...
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

These would of been awesome if the hive could respawn them. Grok training = .

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker

Me Burq Sa, and Ne Gok Sa. Those are the only two warlords that I know of... correct?

Gee, I haven't played Ne Gok Sa in a very long time - these guys might actually give me a reason! Their price seems awfully high though.

2 Riders and Ne Gok Sa = 350
1 Rider and Me Burq Sa = 180 Slightly better

I don't know but that doesn't seem like terribly powerful combos for the price. I can wait to try them out though - I'll get my chance thursday.

Also, height 5 seems short for a rider. Are they really that small?

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:50 PM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

I am getting very upset about how much is being done to nerf the Marro Hive. First, hive mind only works with small and medium figures. Then there's the Nagrubs which are Marro but not Marro so that they can't be rebirthed. Then figures with incredibly strong cluster attacks such as Jorhdawn and Zelrig are added which will wreck havoc against Marro clustered around the Hive. Finally there is an expensive Marro common Squad... with a SPECIAL ability that they can't be rebirthed. What gives?

130 points for a squad of 3 with 3 defense. I predict the same complaints will be directed towards these guys as the Templars and the Imperium who have the same defense in similar price range.
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

I can't wait for an epic battle of Sir Dupuis and the Templars against the Grok Riders with MBS and NGS. Good Times!

They do look to be priced similar to the Templars, same base stats except for move, and a 2 dice attack enhancement. Apparently an extra defense dice against small and or medium figures, an extra move space, and an extra attack dice against the baddies, isn't worth as many points as bonding.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:53 PM

DeadEye is surprisingly tart

Hilo-scaper
My guess is (but im no professional) is that its just +2 period,
because it says
When attacking a figure that is adjacent to any Marro Warlord you control, Grok riders add 2 to their attack dice.
I would say just plain +2 because it say to any Marro Warlord now if it said a Marro Warlord I think it would be stackable...
but its not,
but i think that is a pretty good question,

Agree,
when placed by the Templar they just dont mach up for being 10 points over......

DeadEye

Last edited by DeadEye; May 27th, 2008 at 10:55 PM. Reason: wanted to again......

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units