Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old July 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker
Islandscape '09 After Action Reports & Army Lists

Here's the list of final standings from Islandscape '09. The number in parenthesis is each player's point dominance, which I used to rank players with equal W/L ratios. I don't necessarily have the screen names for everyone who played (especially Tim and Onacara's kids), so let me know what's missing here.

I'll also post army lists in later posts, and list exactly who fought who, if needed. Feel free to add your reports of individual battles. Mogrebla watched the final battle between Onacara and Taeblewalker and should have a report on that.

1st place, 5-0 Taeblewalker
2nd place, 4-1 Onacara
3rd place (1090) Sherman Davies
4th (760) Kolakoski
5th 3-2 (405) Warbanner
6th (380) Patrick
7th (345) Shades Fan
8th (305) CK
9th (160) Tom
10th (100) Joseph
11th (-40) Andrew S.
12th (-145) Oncara Jr.
13th 2-2-1 Mogrebla
14th 2-3 (55) Dylan
15th (-80) Arthur Heiles
16th (-410) Tim S.
17th (-470) Grishnakh
18th (-590) Scott (son of Grishnakh)
19th (-595) Elf326
20th 1-3-1 Jonathan Heiles
21st 1-4 Bobby
22nd (-900) Chas
23rd (-1020) Kathy

Krug rhymes with "hug", not "dude"
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:08 PM

Tim Sweeney is surprisingly tart
Re: Islandscape '09 After Action Reports & Army Lists

My kids don't have screen names as we don't have internet at the house and my screen name is my own real name...

Anyway, again many thanks to those who hosted the tourney and those who showed up to play. My sons and I really had a nice time.

Be Well-
Tim
Old July 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

To,

The Long Island Crew, I had a blast,it was great meeting you all for the first time. I look forward to any more events that we can come to.

Onacara, I always love talking to you, and it certainly was refreshing not to play any of you, even though our games are great, I love to meet new people, and play them.

Tim Sweeny and kid's, It was great meeting you again, and having a game with you Tim. While i feel bad about my countless defense dice, I did have fun. It started the day out very nice.

Taeblewalker and Kathy, it was great talking with you guys as it always is. I got a good game on a bad map for steamroller out of Taeblewalker, and always love hearing all stories you tell!

Shrek, I always love playing you because you make the game so funny. Despite your horrible luck, I had a blast playing with you completely based on your personality alone. After my Dragon army got creamed at Beantown last year, it was great to tie our score!

Sherman Davies, I really enjoyed our game together, and had a blast talking to you. It was very close and my dice couldn't stand up against your countless ranged units! i look forward to playing you sometime again in the future!

Tom, Despite us meeting before, I didn't recognize who you were from your screenname, It's a good thing to know for any future events instead of "that guy I always love to talk with!" It's amazing to talk with you, and i look forward to any future tournament we meet!

Now onto my Report...

My army was Steamroller
Spartacus-200
Crixus-90
3xCapuan Gladiators-210

Round One
Map:
Opponent:Tim Sweeny!
Opponents Army:
2xDeathreavers-80
Nakita agents-120
Krav-100
Laglor-110
1x G-nators-90

Slash and Burn was not a good map draw for Tim in the least bit, coupled with the fact that both glyphs ended up being Defense Plus one!
He had never played against Steamroller, which puts anyone at a serious disadvantage.
He decided to move his Krav up, then Deathreavers not thinking that my Gladiators would already be tying him up. This put him at a serious disadvantage because I gained control of both glyphs. Nine Gladiators with 6 defense, and Crixus with 6 defense is tough for anyone/anything to take down. Because of the jungle, and the sporadic height most of the time I had 8 eight defense die. He couldn't overcome the Steamroller.
1-0
But I still loved the game we had, controlling the glyphs made all the difference, and if he had moved his rats more, he probably would have won!

Round 2
Map:
Opponent:Taeblewalker
Opponents army:
4x 10th Regiment-300
Raelin-80
Brunak-110

The maps is one of the worst for Steamroller, and with his range 6 10th, I really couldn't keep the Gladiators together, as he could just shoot across the "Pit"
Lava damage also didn't help me as he didn't lose anyone from it, and I lost two Gladiators!
I had a blast, but couldn't overcome his Raelin's aura, or the disadvantage from the map. I tried to overcome with risky moves to take out Raelin but my fate was sealed rolling seven attack dice, and only rolled one skull!

1-1
But still had fun in this game, and glyphs were not a factor!

Round 3
Map:
Opponent: Sherman Davies
Opponents Army:
2x10th-150
Krav-100
Migol-110
2x Dwarves-140

The Glyphs were a Healing, and a Wound.
I took control of the wound early, but Crixus was engaged, and thanks to some smart play would not ever be able to reach the Heal glyph.
I took out the dwarf's early, but my luck seemed to fade when his 10th came and attacked.I was already in his start zone, and thanks to the wound glyph, taken out quite a bit. Not enough to feel comfortable, and Spartucus couldn't hold up against 2 Krav, and a squad of 10th!

1-2
I had a blast finally getting to meet Sherman, and play him, but feel I could have done better if my luck wasn't so poor in the end game!

Round 4
Map:
Opponent: Arthur Heiles
Opponent's army:
Grimnak-120
1x Heavies-70
Kumiko-80
Isamu-10
Tul-Bak-Ra-130
Marro Warriors-50
Deathreavers-40

The Glyphs were an Initiative right under the Two start zone places, and a Wound on the other side. He wasn't smart in placing Tul-bak-Ra their.I had already placed Crixus up their, and would be hitting him for quite a bit. I moved two squads of Gladiators near the middle, not in range of his Grimnak! After two attacks, Tul-Bak-Ra was down to two health. he decided to try and teleport, but couldn't get out of range of my Gladiators with six move. He moved his Grimnak with Heavies up, allowing my to get 4 attacks on him. He survived with 1 health he managed to Chomp, but was unfortunate because I had the Initiative Advantage, and the Initiative plus 8 glyph. I went first know that his Grimnak wouldn't survive. I steamrolled the rest of his army except for Isamu who game me some trouble.

2-2
I enjoyed the game, but because I controlled both glyphs for most of the game, he couldn't stand up the the power of the Gladiators.

Round 5
Map:
Opponent- Grish
Opponent's army:
Migol-110
Gurie-Oni-100
Raelin-80
4xDwarfes-280

Now because I had an extra 75 points I was allowed my extra squad of Capuan's. The glyphs were a Initiative plus 8, and a Defense. I controlled the Defense the entire game, and plowed through his army with my Gladiators. His personality made this game my favorite of the day because of his jokes, and amazing imagination. Crixus teared through his Migol, and gave me the opening I needed to destroy 3 squads of Dwarf's thanks to the road, I was able to quickly gain height advantage on his dwarf's when they would try to get up the hill. Because of his horrible luck, and my attacks of mostly 4 skulls, he couldn't hold up.

3-2

I had a blast, and winning the door prize was just the icing on the cake for me, a great tournament, which had a terrible drive home from.Worth it in the long run however!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.

Last edited by Shades fan; July 26th, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old July 26th, 2009, 07:31 PM

WarBanner knows what's in an order marker WarBanner knows what's in an order marker

Here's the army lists I've got, in no particular order:

Tom
Atlaga
Raelin
Minions of Utgar x3

Onacara

Atlaga
Saylind
Protectors x3

Chas
Cyprien
Sonia
Aubriens x2
Q10
Isamu

Dylan
Sacred Band x4
Parmenio
Kaemon Awa
Isamu

CK
Krug
Nilfheim
KMA
Raelin
Isamu

Kolakoski
10th Foot x2
Kaemon Awa
Marro Warriors
KMA
Kumiko

Arthur H

Reavers
Marro Warriors
Isamu
Heavy Gruts
Tul-Bak-Ra
Kumiko
Grimnak

Warbanner
Q10
Raelin
Nakita Agents
KMA
WoA

Elf326
4th Mass x2
Sgt. Drake (SotM)
Raelin
Marcus Decimus
Isamu

Jonathan H.
Marro Warriors
Me-Burq-Sa
Raelin
Thorgrim
Finn
Knights
Atlaga

Sherman Davies
Migol
Axegrinders x2
10th Foot x2
KMA

Bobby
Tor-Kul-Na
Nagrubs
Stingers x4
Isamu

Tim Sweeney
Laglor
Nakitas
KMA
Gorillinators
Reavers x2

Anthony Jr.
Marcu
10th Foot x2
DW7k
Sudema
Sir Hawthorne

Patrick Sweeney
Charos
Sgt. Drake
KMA
Marcu

Scott (Shrek Jr.)
Marro Dividers x5
Q10
Isamu
Atlaga

Grishnakh
Raelin
Gueri-Oni
Migol
Axegrinders x3

Andrew Sweeney
Mimring
Syvarris
Isamu
Wolves x3

Joseph Sweeney
Taelord
Omincron Snipers x2
Zetacron
Stingers

Missing just a few; I'm sure the holes can be filled in.

Old July 26th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

My first game was against Anthony, Jr. He had:
Marcu
10th Foot x2
DW7k
Sudema
Sir Hawthorne

I believe the map was Sidewinder

An eclectic choice! The map was full of glaciers, which meant that my Raelin was all but useless, and LOS was difficult, especially since the ruins were positioned to supplement the glaciers in blocking LOS.

The first thing he did was grab a glyph with Marcu (I forget which one), but soon he lost control of the Vampire and I succeeded in putting him on lower ground, after which I pummeled him into paste.
I moved Raelin up early with Brunak, and then brought in the 10th. He started moving his 10th up as well and gained some early positioning. Soon, he added Sudema to the mix and managed to first petrify a 10th, and then do the same thing to Brunak! Another 10th Regiment managed to freeze in his tracks before Sudema was done.
My sheer numbers, nonetheless, took out his soldiers and Sudema, and DW7K too, with bayonet from height. Sir Hawthorne hacked away and managed to get three strikes with Berserk attack, but didn't last (although he didn't turn).
A fun fight, and although Anthony chose the army more for fun than to be competitive, he played well.
1-0

On to the next!

Next, I played Shades. Our matchups are always fun. He does well in tournaments, but I get lucky when I face him. He had the steamroller army, which had come off of a win:
Spartacus
Crixus
Capuan Gladiators x3

We played on Fire Isles:

This map was just not made for melee. I brought Brunak up to the left, just a little ways, moving up only one 10th and leaving Raelin in the start zone. He expected me to send in Brunak to try to take out the Gladiators, but I kept him near and used him mostly to block the enemy from easily threatening Raelin and taking my start zone. It didn't him help that he suffered losses from lava damage and I didn't. He boldly sent in Crixus to attack Raelin, even taking a wound from leaving engagement while doing so, and while he eventually killed her, he totally whiffed with seven dice (getting only one skull) and missed the opportunity to do more damage early. In the end, squads of three, even with Defense 4 (owing to Gladiator Inspiration), weren't enough against squads of 4 alernating between bayonet and wait then fire. All the same, it was fun to once again meet Shades on the field of battle and talk strategy.
2-0

I battled Grishnak for the second time, and, like the first battle, LOS was an issue. He had:
3x Dwarves
Migol
Raelin (original, though he used the new sculpt )
Gurei-Oni

It took a long time for first blood to be spilt, and he took the defense glyph early. I move Raelin to the middle and left her there. She was of minimal use due to LOS, but served her purpose. I also moved Brunak up and left him positioned next to the glyph of Defense. I carried a 10th with him, which proved key. It took a lot of whiffing with Brunak and the 10th, plus a lot of whiffing with Dwarves on Grishnak's part, but eventually, 2 Dwarves were dead and the 10th were alright. I had the positioning, and Brunak was protected by height, even from the Dwarve's plus one to attack.
The game became a maze of trying to position Dwarves and 10th among the trees to maximum effect. I never lost Brunak, who kept his position near the glyph. I managed after a long time to take the glyph myself, and then later lose and retake it. Along the way, as I wore down Migol one wound at a time, he worked on Raelin and took her out. Dwarves died, 10th died, and he retreated his own Raelin when she was almost dead, and brought Migol back to take advantage of her aura. When the chips were really down, he brought in Gurei-Oni, but the poor Ogre whiffed with Tetsubo as badly as Brunak whiffed with Blood Hungry, and only took out a single 10th before being bayoneted and even shot to death (Evil Eye Defense didn't activate). Once the dice turned against Grish, it became a bloody descent. The Dwarves lasted a long, grim battle but were overwhelmed largely by luck. On the up side, I had just as bad luck last year against Grish, so we evened up.
3-0

The last normal round was against Joseph. He used:
Taelord
Zetacron
2x Omnicrons
1 x Stingers

We played on Ticalla Sunrise, a familiar map to me from tournaments:

Taelord did a good job of staying alive long enough to give the Soulborgs a lot of bonus dice. I managed to place Brunak (carrying Raelin) on the wound Glyph, and to benefit from her defense aura, so Brunak never took a wound, but gave a few with the glyph. The Omnicrons and Zetacron did a good job of defending against my attacks, while rolling well enough that my Defense dice didn't matter on at least a few occasions. It was a difficult time, but the Omnicrons were too few, and when one or two fell, it was worth several 10th to me. I concentrated on the squads, and then threw a lot of 10th against Zetacron, who just wouldn't die. Raelin took some hits, and at least two squads of 10th were lost, but in what really amounted to a very bloody gunfight in the jungle, I managed to wear him down by attrition. A great player, and a contender for first place - I was the only thing that stood between him and the championship match. It was interesting playing against an army that, except for the lack of 100 points and any Repulsors (and the addition of Stingers), was just like the one Einar's Puppy used in Saratoga Slugfest II. I was beginning to see why Onacara often uses the 10th.
4-0

AND NOW........................................

The match of the century! The die had been tossed to add 75 points. I chose a 5th squad of 10th. Big surprise!

Onacara and I met on the flocked version of Ticalla Sunrise.

Ona's army:
Atlaga
Saylind
3x Protectors
Deadeye Dan
Isamu

We had only played together once, at Saratoga Slugfest I, and I had lost pitifully, so here was my chance! There was a point, during the battle, where someone, I think Mogrebla but I don't recall, looked at the way we were rolling dice and calling moves, and commented that it was like watching professional poker players. We were all business.

I sent out Brunak and Raelin right away, knowing he was going to Witherwood Bolt Brunak. It worked, and Brunak was gone right away. He then used Saylind to summon Dead-eye Dan onto the Unique Attack glyph, and brought up Atlaga to come after Raelin and my 10th. Raelin fell pretty quickly, and it was between an army of Soldiers and an army of fliers with a few heroes.
Atlaga took some killing, but since I had moved up and engaged him with two soldiers, he was loathe to move, having only 4 Life, so I was able to take my time and wear him down. Saylind stayed alive a while because I was busily shooting at Dead-eye Dan, various Protectors and even Isamu who had all been summoned to that infernal glyph. Once I got through a number of glyph-sitters, I finally managed to kill off pesky Saylind. With Atlaga and she dead, it was down to a horde of Soldiers and only three squads of Protectors, whose Defense of 3 could only last so long...

I had the more "steamrollery" army, and Onacara did very well to get as far as he did with his fliers. In the end, the absurd number of figures I had on the board tipped battle, and I have no doubt that I would have been defeated if we had switched armies. That said, I won!
5-0

Thanks Warbanner for running, and thanks to all the LI folks for setting things up, and to everyone for coming. It was fun seeing Johnathon and family stuck in the same traffic on the way home; I know the rest of you who don't live on Long Island dealt with the same nonsense.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; July 27th, 2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I posted this in the original Islandscape thread, but it applies here as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies
Thanks to WarBanner for running the tourney and doing all the number crunching, thanks to Grish for the ride to and from the train station, thanks to Onacara for teaching me that Atlaga must not be approached with Migol Ironwill, and thanks to everyone involved for a great and memorable day.
My memory's not as good as Shades fan's, but I'll do what I can to describe my day:

My first game was on Fire Isles against Bobby and his Tor-Kul-Na/Stingers army. It was the first time I'd played against more than 2 squads of Stingers, so I was shaking in my boots. What I should've been more worried about was Tor-Kul-Na, who proceeded to stomp through most of my Dwarven army that I threw in his path, earning them the nickname "Speedbumps," which would pretty much characterize their role for the rest of the tourney. Luckily for me, Migol and the Axegrinders managed to damage the Hivelord enough for my other units to finish off, but they all died in the process. After that, it was a pretty standard shootout between my 10th Foot/Krav vs. Bobby's Stingers. The Brits were able to advance and take out a couple Stingers on the march, but their true purpose was to hold the middle ground while the Krav did what they do best and won me the game. Luckily for me Isamu missed his only Vanish roll, otherwise he could've ripped through my then-small remaining force.

My second game was on Just Passing Through against Onacara, my one defeat of the day. Ona's Atlaga/Protector army (or as I called them The Green Machine) flew onto the defense +1 glyph on the first round and was able to take shots at my army from height right away, given the closeness of the starting zones to each other. Even worse for me, his Atlaga killed my Migol Ironwood with Bolt of Witherwood before the stout dwarf hero ever got to engage the confident Kyrie. My dwarves, Brits and agents fought on, eventually kicking Ona off the defense glyph and whittling down his army. The small numbers of Protectors allowed my army to turn the tide, but when my 10th Foot on height attacked Saylind and left her with one wound, she seized the Kelda glyph the very next turn, in effect forcing me to kill her twice. That turned out to be the end for me, as the game ended up with my one lone Axegrinder vs. a heavily wounded Saylind, but the Kyrie summoner fought off the dwarf and claimed a narrow victory.

My third game was on Invasion against Shades fan, another veteran member I’d never played before. It was another first for me in that he brought The Steamroller, which I’d yet to encounter, and boy, did they earn their nickname. The road tiles and Spartacus’ inspiration meant that most of the battle took place in and around my start zone. The glyphs were the Glyph of Wannok (Wound), which Shades held for most of the game, and the Glyph of Kelda (Healing). My dwarves moved out early to try and slow the gladiators’ advance, but with the inspired abilities of Crixus and the Capuans, that’s about all they were able to do. Thankfully, the natural choke points formed by the road and water allowed Migol and the dwarves to lock down the Capuans while the 10th Foot and Krav Maga poured firepower onto the triple-engaged Crixus and the Capuans who plowed into my start zone. Eventually, superior numbers and some bad defense rolls on Shade’s part allowed me to eke out a victory. Whew! Who says all-melee armies aren’t tourney worthy?

My fourth game was on Fossil against Grishnakh the Ogre. Grish’s dwarves would prove to be a poor matchup against my British muskets. Grish moved up his fellow ogre Gurei-Oni to seize the unique attack glyph and followed him with Raelin, but a powerful blow from Migol on height killed the ogre, leaving my Brits to deal with his Raelin. The Kyrie warrior was hidden behind a tree, but the road allowed some of the 10th to outflank her while a couple more charged her directly. After she fell, the 10th began to fire on Grish’s dwarves, most of whom were sitting ducks in their start zone. The dwarves managed to fight back, killing my overextended 10th Foot and advancing through the middle of the map, but my own dwarves and remaining Brits were effective enough that my Krav Maga never had to fire a shot. This was my first game of the day in which I realized that my opponents were having trouble rolling shields, while my luck, a bit lacking offensively earlier in the day, had become very steady and consistent.

My fifth and final game was on Sidewinder against WarBanner himself. This was the only map I played that day on which I had practiced previously, and it really helped. The 75 extra reinforcement points meant I could add a third squad of 10th Foot, my first time playing three of a ranged squad. WarBanner moved up Major Q10 to take some early potshots at my army, but leaving the protection of Raelin behind proved the big soulborg’s undoing. Migol rushed out to grab the move +2 glyph, giving my dwarves a move of 8! A combination of dwarven axes and supporting fire from the quickly advancing Krav downed the Major and allowed them to turn their focus onto Raelin, finishing her off as well. WarBanner’s Nakitas and Krav fought back against my Krav and Axegrinders, but the high ground helped my Krav avoid the attacks while my Axegrinders fell. Migol still held the move +2 glyph though, which made bringing up more dwarves and 10th a simple matter. My Krav took potshots at WarBanner’s Warriors of Ashra and drew fire while my melee units charged forward to counter the Nakita’s Smoke Powder, which was protecting the Krav. Luckily for me, my dwarves and soldiers were able to engage without suffering an Engagement Strike, and WarBanner’s Krav Maga and Nakitas went down to a forest of sharp pointy blades. This left his James Murphy facing desperate odds, but true to his heroic nature he didn’t go down without a fight, whipping and shotgunning a few of my squaddies before my Krav gunned him down from height.

All in all, a good day for my eclectic army, as the Heroscape Dice Gods did not abandon me. If the only thing I can point at is losing Migol Ironwood to Atlaga’s Bolt of Witherwood, I’ll call that lucky and be grateful.

Last edited by Sherman Davies; July 27th, 2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarBanner View Post
I'll also ... list exactly who fought who, if needed.
Yes please! That's what I need for the NERV update. PM is fine if you don't think it's needed in the thread.
Old July 27th, 2009, 02:52 PM

elf326 is surprisingly tart

Here are my battle reports:

Full card style (not fractional scoring)

My Army:
4th Mass x2
Raelin (RoTV)
Marcus Decimus Gallus
Drake (SotM)
Isamu

Game 1: Joseph
Map: Sentinel

My first game went very badly for me. I hadn't played HS in a while or practiced with the army yet. Joseph's army had Omnicrons x2, Zetacron, Taelord, and stingers x1.

I moved raelin and a squad of the 4th to a hill. I went for neither wound glyph on the map. There were many LOS blockers on this map. The 4th took position and started firing. The Omnicrons had a high point and a valley between us, though. I was stuck. The omnicrons and Zetacron unloaded on Raelin. The 4th did manage to take out 3 or 4 omnicrons though (after the second squad was sent in). The remaining omnicrons took a wound glyph or two. Drake went out and killed an Omnicron on a wound glyph. I went for Taelord to get as many points as possible (and maybe defeat the last Omnicron. Alas, my opponent had Zetacron between me and Taelord. The stingers came out and engaged Drake on height. Drake only had one wound. Drake took 5 wounds. The battle was over. I lost by 400 points.

Game 2:
I had the by.

Game 3: Mogrebla
Map: Fossil

Mogrebla was playing Tul-Bak-Ra, Dividers x2, the marro warriors, Ne-gok-sa, and 1 squad of grok riders. I hadn't fought one of these armies yet, so I wasn't sure what to do. Mogrebla placed TBR on one of the 2 wound glyphs and I ran Drake up to the other. I sent the 4th after TBR, but the dividers were teleported to him. I cut off many of the high ground points over there though.
Drake was attacked by NGS and the Groks in the meantime. I foolishly isolated Drake. The rest of my army was near raelin and Marcus, though. The fourth was hurting TBR. The dividers engaged the 4thl. The dividers slowly were defeated. Soon, though, the groks attacked my left flank, where I was open. Mogrebla had both wound glyphs. The 4th were rooted in place, though. One grok died and the rest of them retreated. There weren't many dividers left and about half of the 4th were dead. The marro Warriors moved up. The dividers were narrowed down to 1 and TBR had one wound left. In the end of the game I killed the last divider and TBR, giving me another 230 points. However, I lost by 20 points. It was a great match.

Game 4: Tim
Map: Invasion

Tim played Deathreavers x2, Laglor, the Nakitas, the Krav, and the Gorillanators. I sent out a squad of the 4th with Raelin at the beginning. We went for the glyphs. Drake took 1 (valda). The deathreavers took the other. Tim kept everyone but the deathreavers in his starting zone at first. I shot the reavers with the 4th a lot, but they just kept retaking that glyph. The deathreavers started narrowing down and the rest of tim's army was sent out. Tim went for the middle of the field where much LOS was blocked. He attacked Raelin (whom I retreated). The first squad of the 4th narrowed down and I sent in the next one. I also sent in Drake from the side. This was the only game in which Drake really helped me. He defeated some enemies at melee and at range thanks to pistol fire. He was a good counter. The game ended with many of my units nearly destroyed. My point dominance was positive 150. I don't think things would have ended well for me if the game went on any longer.

Game 5: Andrew
Map: Ticalla Sunrise

My last game was against Andrew. He ran Mimring, Badrus x3, Syvarris, and Isamu. We each got 75 more points. He put in Khosumet and I put in the marro warriors. The game started with me thinking I had good positioning. I sent a full squad of the 4th to high ground and the (Move?) glyph with Raelin behind them. Syvarris began sniping me, though. He was behind a bush. I sent Drake to guard the glyph of Kelda for later use with a squad of the fourth nearby. Mimring was to fast. I wounded Mimring, but mimring jumped got the glyph of Kelda. Drake wounded the dragon but was killed (by badrus?). Mimring fire lined my fourth. Marcus Decimus Gallus defeated mimring. The fourth on the other side of the battlefield killed Syvarris. The badrus swarmed on both sides of the field at this time. They were unstoppable. My marro warriors fell like sticks. The battle was over with me only defeating mimring, Syvarris, and 2 badrus out of 9. Andrew was great with swarming me.

I had a lot of fun and enjoyed playing against all of you!

Last edited by elf326; July 27th, 2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old July 27th, 2009, 03:09 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Nice battle reports(I took alot of time in mine from Saratoga Slugfest, so Its really nice to see others taking time to write up there, and throwing in pictures of maps they played on too!)

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old July 28th, 2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Yes please! That's what I need for the NERV update. PM is fine if you don't think it's needed in the thread.
Will do. In fact, I'll just email you the whole excel file, if you PM me your email addy.

Old July 28th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Nice battle reports(I took alot of time in mine from Saratoga Slugfest, so Its really nice to see others taking time to write up there, and throwing in pictures of maps they played on too!)
Too bad you couldn't make it - at least you get to read the morning paper describing the game. As for including the maps, I just copied Shades' idea.

Old July 28th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Quote:
Will do. In fact, I'll just email you the whole excel file, if you PM me your email addy.
PM sent. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports