Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 23rd, 2022, 10:25 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Excellent. I, too, have taken issues up with the admins. I went to the right place, did it there, and moved on.
Can you offer a link to this. I, like many others would probably like to advocate for this feature to go away.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 23rd, 2022, 10:26 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Have there been hints of more card reveals as the campaign goes on? I get that impression from the Annihilation Compendium, where the Ironclad Collective has a spot reserved but no cards yet.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 10:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
Have there been hints of more card reveals as the campaign goes on? I get that impression from the Annihilation Compendium, where the Ironclad Collective has a spot reserved but no cards yet.
Yes they've implied there will be more card reveals.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 23rd, 2022, 10:36 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post
I'm sure we'll get a few towards the end of each remaining week. That's the interesting part of the game--what units actually do. I'll wager there'll be a couple more demo games to showcase them.
Old October 23rd, 2022, 11:02 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Excellent. I, too, have taken issues up with the admins. I went to the right place, did it there, and moved on.
Can you offer a link to this. I, like many others would probably like to advocate for this feature to go away.
I am sure there is a thread somewhere for site improvements. If I weren't cranky for completely unrelated reasons, I would probably find it and share the link. Mea culpa.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 23rd, 2022, 11:16 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...splay.php?f=13

That's the Scapers Online Forum, which has both the Site Improvement Ideas and the Your Reputation and You (Part 2) threads. I suggest a review of the latter is in order for some, particularly the second post.
Old October 24th, 2022, 12:57 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Quote:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...splay.php?f=13

That's the Scapers Online Forum, which has both the Site Improvement Ideas and the Your Reputation and You (Part 2) threads. I suggest a review of the latter is in order for some, particularly the second post.
I've found where I needed to post what needed said. Thanks.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 24th, 2022, 01:39 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Unhappy Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

I'm going to be disappointed if AoA doesn't fund
It's starting to look a little grim at this point with the numbers, and while there will certainly be a spike at the end its unknown if it will be enough

Tell me it ain't so bros...

Old October 24th, 2022, 01:47 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Encarmine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill
Dice that match the symbols or symbols that match the dice??
Dice that match the symbols. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to keep Marro skulls on the dice.

But themed dice in future sets could be super cool.
Like Penguin dice
Could be an easy thing for convention exclusives too “I went to GenCon and here are my Black-on-black Valkrill dice that I picked up from the AH booth.”
So, I guess I'd like to make a case for the dice to have skulls, and for the cards to to show skulls to match the dice. In case any developers happen to peruse this thread as they sometimes do.

The biggest thing for me, is that the cards themselves refer to "Skulls" being rolled. Not just the OriginalScape cards like the Omicron Snipers, but some of the newly revealed cards like Dorim the Bulkhead Brawler, have abilities that refer to "Skulls". If you leave the text as "Skulls", but change the dice/symbols to swords, it's confusing. If you change the symbols and text to "Swords", then it excludes or confuses compatibility with older units.

Quote:
Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to keep Marro skulls on the dice.
Well, there's at least one Marro pirate, so it could be gotten away with, but point taken; the Marro aren't a major faction in the AoA. What about putting the skulls of one of the Skodyre? If there's a really big push to make the attack symbol be "Swords", what about swords with a skull on top like a Jolly Roger flag? There's lots of pirates too.

I guess if a decision ends up being that swords vs shields is more intuitive for attack vs. Defense, I can live with "rolling swords" (and knowing it means skulls) but rolling "All Skulls Baby!" is the most Heroscape Phrase there ever was.

Btw, I've appreciated how the team has changed and tweaked things and has been generally responsive to fan input. I like that the cards have retaken the unique 7-hex design. I think the "heart" for "life" is better than the previous oscilloscope heartbeat, and the "move" icon becoming thicker looks better and the target for "Range" makes a lot more sense.

Another case I'd like to make is that the names of the generals be put on the cards.

Again, the cards themselves refer to generals for their powers. Not just OriginalScape cards like Agent Skahen, but previews of the Frostclaw Paladins have them bonding with a Champion that follows Jandar or Volrak. Now, without looking back through the prerelease reveals, I'm pretty sure that is the general for the Animal-kind because "Vole>Volrak" and because the Alien-bug "Skodyre" faction doesn't look as honorable, and because it make sense that the Clockwork Combine faction (shown above) would have some synergy within itself. But I wouldn't be able to know for sure just by looking at the cards because there's only a symbol. Anyway, if someone wants to make this case over on Discord, I think it's a worthy one (I almost never make it over there because , reasons).

I loved the playtest video where Queen Maladrix hatched a FHG out of a full life Adelbern! The cards revealed so far have got me really excited to see more!

Quote:
themed dice in future sets could be super cool.
Like Penguin dice
Could be an easy thing for convention exclusives too “I went to GenCon and here are my Black-on-black Valkrill dice that I picked up from the AH booth.”
Themed dice would be cool! Maybe characters like the flagbearers that use the 6th die face for powers could come with the dice?????

Speaking of which have there been any reveals about whether or not the new dice will be printed on flat surfaces like the red white and blue dice? or whether they will be engraved or recessed like flagbearer dice? Most of my dice have less than half the symbols left.

Keep up the faith!! I'm ready to back a third time if I have to.

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old October 24th, 2022, 02:00 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

I 100% agree that the dice should still have skulls and the general's names should be on the army cards.

If the biggest problem with the skulls is that there weren't enough Marro in the new set, then add some more Marro to the new set so it resembles classic HeroScape more. Don't change something else and make it resemble classic HeroScape less. Do you want 8000 backers or not?
Old October 24th, 2022, 03:31 AM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I could roll with this:

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old October 24th, 2022, 05:27 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As the campaign progresses, I become more enthralled by what the designers are revealing for the game, but at the same time less confident about the offering funding.

Its been said that slow and steady is the way to go with a Haslab campaign. Will we make it?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion