Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 9th, 2019, 12:44 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

dc-speedsters-ranked
Old January 9th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Is Bart on the same level as Barry or Wally as the Flash, or is he more on the Kid Flash level?
In terms of skill, he wasn't up there with the Flashes, but in terms of raw speed, I remember him as being pretty close. Above Kid Flash level for sure.

I think V also had a write-up for Bart. He's definitely overdue.

I'd be tempted to deviate from the usual Speed Dodge and do something a little more distinctive. Not sure what, but I do try to avoid Speed Dodge on new speedsters (especially on a Titans character, since the Titan/Sidekick synergy web is kinda speedster-rich).
Wally at one point described him as faster than all the modern Flashes. Obviously one comment is not gospel, but it is credence to put him above KF. Especially in his Impulse days. I think he had a knee replacement at some point that slowed him down some that would him more on par with the others/just below Wally and Barry.

Are there speedsters in the Titans web outside Wally? I mean, I get your point and have an alternate idea, but I couldn't think of any other designed besides Wally.

I think a move when an OM reveal power could just be far too obnoxious, but I wouldn't be opposed to it. My initial thought is to think of some other defensive-like power, but I suppose we could bump up his defenses some (a la Jay) and go the route of a different speed power.
Old January 9th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

The problem with speedsters is the repetition of powers.
I would drop speed dodge for high defense and try to come up with something unique for him.
Old January 9th, 2019, 12:03 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Maybe an offensive version? Kinda like how Nightcrawler 1 is mobile?
Old January 9th, 2019, 01:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like a movement power called IMPULSE SPEED that lets him move two spaces after every time you reveal an Order Marker on one of your Army Cards. Then give him a move of like 9 based on his ranking on that list (and the fact that if you reveal an OM on him it's 11).

Fwiw this is what I had for him (nothing too original for two of the powers either):

IMPULSE
BART ALLEN

METAHUMAN
UNIQUE HERO
TITAN
IMMATURE
MEDIUM 5

LIFE 4
MOVE 9
RANGE 1
ATTACK 4
DEFENSE 3
130? POINTS

SUPER SPEED
Impulse may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Impulse, if Impulse did not use his Flash to the Past special power this turn, Impulse may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

FLASH TO THE PAST
Once per game, after moving with Impulse, if he moved 9 or more spaces and ended this movement unengaged, you may choose to Flash to the Past. When using Flash to the Past, all players must immediately remove all Order Markers from all Army Cards of figures on the battlefield they control and place all of these figures in empty spaces in their Start Zones. Figures placed with Flash to the Past never take leaving engagement attacks.

SPEED DODGE 2
When Impulse defends against an attack, and you roll at least one blank, Impulse takes no damage and may immediately move up to 2 spaces.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 9th, 2019, 02:02 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

While on the topic of things other people have write-ups for, do any of the Heroes have write-ups for Freddy Freeman or Dr. Sivana? They've been missing from C3G for far too long and I've been working on ideas for them for a while.

Back to Impulse...

I thought about using his ability to make Speed Force clones as a direction, but I feel like an uncommon Speedster in the Titans could be a bit much. I disagree with many placements on the CBR list, so I personally wouldn't want to see Impulse slowed down past 10 (though an Impulse Speed power at move 9 I could get behind).

There was a time when he not only caught a bullet, but completely disassembled a gun aimed at Time before. Maybe a riff off Heroic Duty where he could maybe reduce an attackers roll? I know it doesn't necessarily quell any Titans defense pod concerns.
Old January 9th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d still really like to see something representing the hyperactive can’t-stand-still element of the character, as that’s what I see as his defining trait that seperates him from other speedsters, more than any specific skill/thing he does. A Heroic Defense riff honestly sounds more like a Barry thing, or maybe a Bart as Flash thing (he did sacrifice himself after all.)
Old January 9th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Book Wyrm

I think can't-sit-still misses the point with Bart though. He's a child. He looked 12 when he was chronologically only 2 years old. Add that to the brain function of a speedster and he gets bored super easy. He read an entire library with perfect recollection in minutes, and at another point raced to and read an entire library to find a person's identity because he was bored of waiting on the computer.

Now that I read that back I feel like I'm just campaigning for a flattering name for the power rather than being against it.

The heroic defense riff isn't even necessarily out of protectiveness. Kid was cracking jokes as he took apart Deathstroke's gun. To me it falls into a "did it because I was bored and could" kind of category slightly more than a "must protect everyone" category simply because of the overkill nature of the event.
Old January 9th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I get what you’re saying and I actually just edited my post a tiny bit trying to get my point across better before seeing yours. I guess what I was (poorly) trying to get at is that the defining element of Bart for me is his big personality. (Although you’re right that can’t-sit-still might be an over-simplification) In my mind, the power should try and capture that personality versus trying to capture a specific feat he can do.
Old January 9th, 2019, 03:18 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
I get what you’re saying and I actually just edited my post a tiny bit trying to get my point across better before seeing yours. I guess what I was (poorly) trying to get at is that the defining element of Bart for me is his big personality. (Although you’re right that can’t-sit-still might be an over-simplification) In my mind, the power should try and capture that personality versus trying to capture a specific feat he can do.
Yep. And the borderline flaunting speed from the place of being a child thing that I mentioned isn't as easily captured as youthful energy and excitement that we both really alluded to in different ways. I'm on board with Impulse Speed or whatever we call it.
Old January 9th, 2019, 05:21 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I’d still really like to see something representing the hyperactive can’t-stand-still element of the character, as that’s what I see as his defining trait that seperates him from other speedsters, more than any specific skill/thing he does. A Heroic Defense riff honestly sounds more like a Barry thing, or maybe a Bart as Flash thing (he did sacrifice himself after all.)
For the Hyperactivity power, what about something simple like everytime any order marker is revealed he may move one space. Similar to Jason, you could add some caveats like, doesn't take leaving engagements or can't end his turn engaged.
Old January 9th, 2019, 05:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Fwiw I do have a write up for Freddy Freeman. Never got anything for Sivana. Agree with you that both are overdue. No plans to LD either any time soon, though!

Spoiler Alert!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy