Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:51 PM

buckeyefan837 is surprisingly tart
Buckeyefan837's Maps

Revised version of The Ruined Path is now out! (maps in order of most current to least current)

The Ruined Path v2
Spoiler Alert!

The Ruined Path
Spoiler Alert!

The Blue River
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by buckeyefan837; August 19th, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:54 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Buckeyefan837's Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyefan837 View Post
I currently only have one map, but I plan to make more soon

The Blue River

Nice map! Although, I believe the river and high ground will be a death trap for meelee units and low move. The Krav would dominate on this battlefield.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
Quote:
I currently only have one map, but I plan to make more soon

The Blue River

Nice map! Although, I believe the river and high ground will be a death trap for meelee units and low move. The Krav would dominate on this battlefield.
That's actually kind of what I was going for. I wanted a armies based off range to dominate this map.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Ranged armies already have an advantage,so there's not really a good reason to make it more unbalanced.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Ranged armies already have an advantage,so there's not really a good reason to make it more unbalanced.
Well, I like making fun maps or maps I like. I don't always try to make competitive maps.
Old July 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Well you can do whatever you want, it's your thread
Old August 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM

New Map!!

The Ruined Path
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by buckeyefan837; August 10th, 2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:07 AM

New style for my map pictures. On the pic I have the name of the map and the authors name.
Old August 10th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok while making these maps, consider what might in any way hurt an army, including other units that might be overpowered. Superfrog's got some good points, and even if you're making maps to play on "for fun" I can guarantee I won't be smiling while your hydra is swimming up and down the river chomping on my Romans

Ruined path looks very fun. No large issues here except that the start zones are very far away from eachother. Most of the battle will likely be spent trying to move soldiers towards the action. The center area looks nice, though I don't get why the lava's there.

Anyway, thanks for letting me nag you with my OCD map tips
Old August 10th, 2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
Ok while making these maps, consider what might in any way hurt an army, including other units that might be overpowered. Superfrog's got some good points, and even if you're making maps to play on "for fun" I can guarantee I won't be smiling while your hydra is swimming up and down the river chomping on my Romans

Ruined path looks very fun. No large issues here except that the start zones are very far away from eachother. Most of the battle will likely be spent trying to move soldiers towards the action. The center area looks nice, though I don't get why the lava's there.

Thanks.
Blue River really isn't a map I worked hard on anyways. I literally just built that map randomly in 10 minutes. I don't really play on it much as I don't really like it. I get what your saying, as I might want to put gaps in the river.

As for The Ruined Path, I have playtested it a few times and I agree about the starting zones being too far away as my opponent and I spend the first round every game just getting to the middle to fight. I will fix that. Also the reason I put the lava there is to kind of make it difficult to maneuver around the map. I could make it more simple if that's what you're trying to say. The other reason why the lava is there is because it fits in the the theme of the lava "ruining" the path and that's how I got the name "Ruined Path".

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Also thanks to Superfrog. Looking back on that conversation I kind of sounded like a jerk.
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.
Blue River really isn't a map I worked hard on anyways. I literally just built that map randomly in 10 minutes. I don't really play on it much as I don't really like it. I get what your saying, as I might want to put gaps in the river.

As for The Ruined Path, I have playtested it a few times and I agree about the starting zones being too far away as my opponent and I spend the first round every game just getting to the middle to fight. I will fix that. Also the reason I put the lava there is to kind of make it difficult to maneuver around the map. I could make it more simple if that's what you're trying to say. The other reason why the lava is there is because it fits in the the theme of the lava "ruining" the path and that's how I got the name "Ruined Path".

Also thanks to Superfrog. Looking back on that conversation I kind of sounded like a jerk.
Awesome I look forward to more of your maps.
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks.

Awesome I look forward to more of your maps.
Thanks. I also didn't even realize that you created Arboretum. That was one of the first maps I ever played on!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios