Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 17th, 2019, 01:38 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: C3G Comic Book Club Reading Period till 6/17

I was pretty tempted to give up part way through, but then the terrorists win.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:45 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I have to admit I didn't start. Quite a few things happened in the time period, some reading related, and with the site down it slipped me. I did funnily enough see the paperback book in the store today, but didn't pick it up.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old June 17th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm actually surprised you guys didn't dig it, because I thought it was pretty alright.

I really enjoyed that the plotlines were a bit weirder than the usual X-Men fare I've read before. Also I loved the art on some of the more fantastical stuff, but wasn't feeling the normal humans as much. And dear lord do I hate those accents Claremont feels the need to put on half the characters. Like Rahne is supposed to be Scottish, not brain-damaged.

There was also just some weird production stuff that took me out of the book. Just little things like page layouts that didn't flow intuitively and shots where it was hard to tell what was going on. I really think that's my thoughts on the whole thing; it was a solid/enjoyable story that felt weighed down by some weird choices/mistakes in the editing/technical side of things.

READING NOTES
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN THOUGHTS
Spoiler Alert!
Old June 18th, 2019, 04:58 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I'll write up something more thoughtful later, but my big complaint was that it just felt like the book was spinning its wheels without really accomplishing much of anything or having any objective. Like we just kinda bounced from one random encounter to another without giving me much reason to care about any of it. IDK, maybe that's how superhero ongoings usually are, I don't read many, but it wasn't something I digged.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I'll write up something more thoughtful later, but my big complaint was that it just felt like the book was spinning its wheels without really accomplishing much of anything or having any objective. Like we just kinda bounced from one random encounter to another without giving me much reason to care about any of it. IDK, maybe that's how superhero ongoings usually are, I don't read many, but it wasn't something I digged.
Yeah, I think that's just a matter of it being an old-school superhero mag. I feel like the progression was mixed. They introduced certain elements really well and then either forgot about them (Warlock and his father) or just kept bringing them up without progression (Magik's armor) which was frustrating. But they moved a lot of background stuff forward fairly well. I liked the bits with the Hellfire Club and Magneto, and I enjoyed seeing references to Lila start popping up once she was introduced. That long-form soap operatic style of storytelling is just (by design) kind of unsatisfying to drop in on for a few issues. I guess I'm just kind of conditioned not to notice it at this point.
Old June 18th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Don't blame the age. 1984 TMNT moved things along much better than this. (I almost fell into a coma reading this!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old June 18th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Just A Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Don't blame the age. 1984 TMNT moved things along much better than this. (I almost fell into a coma reading this!)
Yeah I guess it would be more fair to say it's because it's an old-school Claremont superhero mag. I've not read a huge amount of his stuff, but most of it I have is like this. A fairly standard adventure takes place, with maybe one or two callouts to ongoing story elements every issue. It's a drip feed of info to keep kids spending their money on X-books every month. Something with more indy sensibilities like TMNT is just going to be different. (and probably better, but I can't say)

Last edited by MrNobody; June 18th, 2019 at 02:39 PM.
Old June 19th, 2019, 09:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I mostly forgot but... I already borrowed it from Hoopla, so this weekend I should have my review. I usually like Claremont's purple prose so I'm looking forward to it.
Old June 26th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry about thinga being delayed here. There was interest in trying a round via voting instead of just a person pick. I had a few old nominations I'll put up, but people can feel free to toss in any other nomination by this evening.
Old June 29th, 2019, 05:46 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sorry for the gap here!

Nominated books:

Justice League Dark Vol 1 (New 52 Era)
Swamp Thing: Protector of the Green
Plastic Man

Feel free to cast your votes. I'll give it till Wednesday morning for the voting (or till all who seem to have ever chimed in on the thread vote, whichever comes first).
Old June 29th, 2019, 05:51 PM
Just A Head

Re: C3G Comic Book Club VOTING Period till 7/3

I thought I had mentioned my suggestions and you had agreed to put them on the list. Sorry, that’s why I didn’t explicitly mention them.

I’m going to warn against JLD Vol. 1. It’s just a bit of a mess, very N52. From what I can tell the book improved greatly once Milligan left (and I say that as a Milligan fan) but then those issues pick up on threads started by Milligan.
Old June 29th, 2019, 06:17 PM
Book Wyrm

Re: C3G Comic Book Club VOTING Period till 7/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I thought I had mentioned my suggestions and you had agreed to put them on the list. Sorry, that’s why I didn’t explicitly mention them.

I’m going to warn against JLD Vol. 1. It’s just a bit of a mess, very N52. From what I can tell the book improved greatly once Milligan left (and I say that as a Milligan fan) but then those issues pick up on threads started by Milligan.
If you remind me of those, I can put them on. I must've forgotten.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy