Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old June 29th, 2016, 11:32 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
How I'd rank the animes I've seen. (Just alphabetical within tier, no ranks)

Tier 1:

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Tier 2:

Attack on Titan
Deadman Wonderland
The Miyazaki films I've seen
Puella Magi Madoka Magicka
Seven Deadly Sins
Soul Eater

Tier 3:

Code Geass
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
Trigun

Tier 4:

Sword Art Online

~Dysole, who is probably going to watch Sword Art Online or Deadman Wonderland next
~Dysole, debating several options for her next anime to watch
Old June 29th, 2016, 11:47 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Japanese Anime Updates

Code Geass is my favorite.

The Fullmetal series' are great with Brotherhood getting a nod.

If you want something more longterm, than Naruto/Naruto Ship. and Bleach are amazing, however please please please look up the filler episode list and avoid them like the plague for these series.

Also enjoyed Soul Eater/Trigun/Samurai Champloo/Parasyte the Maxam/Gurren Lagann
Old June 29th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Awesome! Appreciate the suggestions! I'm watching. Little bit of Bleach alongside FMA but Bleach will never be e binge watch...but more like the series I slowly get through. I've tried Attack on Titan, but I'm personally a little squeamish on the violence for that one. I think I'll get over it soon enough since I've been getting into anime violence, but initially it turned me off. Besides that though, I really liked where the story line was going.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 29th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Watch Akira if you have not.

It set the bar for all others.

Vexille is a newer anime that I enjoyed.

Anything with Captain Harlock is good, Star Blazers fans will feel right at home with the animation. There has been speculation that Harlock is Wildstar's brother.

Battle Angel is one my watch list as well as Tri-Gun and Death Note.

What are you into? If you like undead type things, Vampire Hunter D has two excellent movies. Hellsing is pretty good, especially the first couple episodes. It is a bit out there.

Berserk is top notch for medieval fantasy, there are two versions of that.
Gantz is a great modern anime with a heavy sci-fi influence.
Cowboy Be-bop was fun and reminded me a bit of Firelfly.

Did you watch the short(7 minutes) I posted earlier?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 29th, 2016, 10:08 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Ghost In The Shell, one of the first animes to actually play in US movie houses! A classic; it spawned several TV series/OAVs.

Last edited by chas; July 2nd, 2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old June 30th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes. Classic. They are working on a live action version.

Another good Vampire anime is Blood: The Last Vampire(there is a live action also, watch the anime first!).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
A Strange Question

Knowing as this is pretty much the Anime thread, I'd figure this is probably the best place to make a request.

I just recently started playing songs from various Anime on the piano, and I think they're all amazing. I'm just not sure on what I should play next, so I thought it would be good to come here for suggestions.

I'm looking for some good-sounding Anime songs. If any of you can provide links to the piano sheet music of the song, that'd be great. Hopefully, the level of these songs should be around the Beginner/Intermediate level. The show doesn't necessarily have to be great, I'm just looking for songs that sound good.

If that's not a great reference point, I've also played a few songs in the past.

Guren No Yumiya - Attack on Titan, 1st Opening
A Cruel Angel's Thesis - Neon Genesis Evangelion, Opening
Crossing Field - Sword Art Online, Opening

Thanks in advance!

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 18th, 2016, 10:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Define"good sounding!"

AKB0048 has about 10 songs per season in its two SciFi seasons, which are the anime versions of the songs of the J-POP Group AKB48. They are a network of Japanese girl pop star singing and dancing groups which field over 100 members at a time at Tokyo Dome at their larger shows, influence most Asian countries and many others worldwide musically, and bring in over 1 Billion dollars a year.

So lots of people like their music. The first anime DVD episode finale is performed by orchestra, as are one or two others along the way, and one of two have several piano refrains. You can see their music videos directly on youtube, of which there are dozens. A number of their songs, played less frenetically than during their stage shows, are haunting and lyrical. Enter either group name and you will have many alternatives.

Last edited by chas; October 18th, 2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old October 18th, 2016, 10:36 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Admittedly, that wasn't really specific at all. Oops.

I'm just looking for ideas, songs that you like. Is there a certain song from ABK0048 that you think is really great? I guess I'm just poking around for songs that I've never heard of, sort of mining for 'hidden gems'.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 18th, 2016, 11:00 PM

There are several. Unfortunately, many of the titles are not translated into English, so you'll have to listen for yourself, if you have a mind to do so. You can try "Blue Rose." Its pretty driving and intense, but you can calm it down a bit!
Old October 18th, 2016, 11:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Hmm

Well the songs that I know and like I'm not sure how easy they would be to do.

Here's a quick rundown of all the anime songs I've enjoyed immensely that you didn't name. I attached sheet music but I have no idea how helpful it'll be for you(some of them are probably more helpful than others).

FMA: Brotherhood - Again, Period
FMA: Original - Ready, Steady, Go
Soul Eater - Resonance
Code Geass - Colors
Puella Magi Madoka Magicka - Connect, Magia
Seven Deadly Sins - Netsujou No Spectrum
Parasyte: the Maxim - Let Me Hear

~Dysole, who if she still had a piano in her house would be tempted to try and learn some of these
Old December 7th, 2016, 09:26 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I finally got around to starting Sword Art Online and I am really diggin' it. Being an MMO player, I love the whole premise and setting of the show. I am currently only on episode 10.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies