Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:18 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Abe Sapien

The Book of Abe Sapien

C3G DARK HORSE WAVE 21
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. Action Pack set.
Its model number and name are #003 / Abe Sapien.

Character Bio - Abe's real name was Langdon Caul, he was a scientist and occult investigator, and member of a secret society known as the Oannes Society. Langdon found an creature that looked simillar to a jellyfish and him and other members of the Oannes Society performed a ritual on it which ended with Langdon becoming a different species labeled Icthyo Sapien. The society imprisoned Langdon in a large tube of water in Washington DC. However, the Civil War forced the society to leave the building he was imprisoned in. He wasn't found until much later by a group of workmen.

With no memory of who he was, Langdon took a new identity as Abe Sapien, from the last name of his species, and a piece of paper he recieved with the date of Abe Lincoln's assassination. Abe was taken to the B.P.R.D. where he was studied and almost dissected until he was saved by an empathetic Hellboy. After he was saved by Hellboy, Abe became a valuable field agent of the B.P.R.D. - Comicvine

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As an Investigator, Abe Sapien has these Investigator Synergies.
  • As a figure with a special power benefitting from water tiles, Abe Sapien can benefit from water tiles being placed by one of these figures.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 1st, 2022 at 06:50 PM. Reason: png
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Abe Sapien - Design Phase

NAME = ABE SAPIEN
SECRET IDENTITY = LANGDON CAUL

SPECIES = AMPHIBIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = INVESTIGATOR
PERSONALITY = ANALYTICAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 150

WATER STRENGTH 1
Abe Sapien does not stop his movement when entering a water space. Add 1 die to Abe Sapien's attack and defense while he is on a water space.

SWIFT SHOT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
Instead of moving and attacking normally with Abe Sapien, you may move Abe Sapien up to 3 spaces. Abe Sapien may attack with this special attack at any point before, during, or after this move as long as Abe Sapien is on a space where he could end his movement. If Abe Sapien is engaged when he begins this move, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUBMERGE 12
If Abe Sapien is attacked while on a water space, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 12 or higher, Abe Sapien takes no damage and you may place him on any unoccupied water space within 5 spaces of Abe Sapien that is no more than 3 levels above or below Abe Sapien's base. If Abe Sapien is placed adjacent to the attacking figure, you may roll an unblockable attack die against that figure. When Abe Sapien moves with Submerge, he will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by SirGalahad; May 2nd, 2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM

Pretty straightforward and simple here. Water Strength and Submerge are self-explanatory, given that he's, y'know, a fish-man. Swift Shot is here because the mini has a gun and it felt off to me to have his gun prowess increase while he's in the water. I'm not tied to the SA the way it is now but I do like how it will allow him to run between water spaces while still getting off a shot, or even jump out, fire and then jump back into the water.

I had some older write-ups that would give tie the BPRD together through the Class Agent, but I don't know if that's needed so I'm not in love with Agent for his Class if we want to go in another direction.

Comic art:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Mini photos

Last edited by TrollBrute; November 3rd, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Not 100% sure on the auto-wound in Submerge - I can go either way on it, honestly. I think he'd be serviceable without it.

Definitely looks good otherwise. Not really sure if we have any BRPD synergies planned so I can't really comment on the Class choice.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, I agree with all of that Johnny. I'm really liking this one overall.

The text for his special attack currently says "Quick Shot" instead of "Swift Shot."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The text for his special attack currently says "Quick Shot" instead of "Swift Shot."
Now that you mention it, I realize it should say 'this special attack' anyway.

I like the auto-wound since it'll force the opponent to think more about their movements, and could add some nice strategy, but I'm not terribly attached to it if no one else agrees.

Old September 2nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

The auto-wound was the first thing that jumped out at me as well. I don't think it is warranted either.

Otherwise, nice solid design.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 01:07 AM
Nom Nom Nom ...

Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Red Eyed Jedi is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Looks like a solid and fun design to me.

C3G team building links.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 01:43 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Auto-wound to an unblockable die would be fine by me.
Old September 4th, 2013, 07:39 PM

Quick poll time, then! Which do you prefer for Submerge:

A. The current version, with an auto-wound.
B. Replacing the auto-wound with an unblockable die roll.
C. Dropping the wound altogether.

Old September 4th, 2013, 08:38 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

C with my second preference as B.
Old September 4th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

C as well, but I like B almost as much. I'd just prefer simple here.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library