Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old February 19th, 2013, 04:35 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Beyond that, though, personally I would never agree to the choice of figure. A bronze dragon is not a green dragon any more than a daisy is not a tulip. Even if you paint it green and say it's from Icaria, that dragon design is clearly a D&D bronze dragon. I couldn't get past that.
Well, we already have an adult blue dragon (Quahon) who somehow lost/absorbed his front legs (see Blue Wyrmling) on the way to adulthood.

A color change doesn't see so drastic to me.
I agree. We have Super Battle Droids for crying out loud. I don't think Super Battle Droids every time I look at them, I think Zettian Infantry. I'm pretty sure when most people see that sculpt they think Green Wyrmling, and if it went through SoV I'm pretty sure it would reinforce that viewpoint.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
The color change is meaningless; repainting is easy. It is the look of the dragon that is the issue. Each type of D&D dragon has a distinct design. Bronze dragons always look like this, and green dragons always look like this. Even if it's not from a D&D world, it still looks exactly like a D&D bronze wyrmling. It's like using a lion miniature and calling it a tiger.
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Beyond that, though, personally I would never agree to the choice of figure. A bronze dragon is not a green dragon any more than a daisy is not a tulip. Even if you paint it green and say it's from Icaria, that dragon design is clearly a D&D bronze dragon. I couldn't get past that.
Well, we already have an adult blue dragon (Quahon) who somehow lost/absorbed his front legs (see Blue Wyrmling) on the way to adulthood.

Uhh, none of the wyrmlings really look like the parents on close expection, so that point is moot. But I get what you are saying.
Old February 19th, 2013, 03:05 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Personally from the pictures I've seen the miniature looks green enough. I think this would be the best wyrmling we could get for charos. Now to make one for mimring!

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old February 19th, 2013, 03:07 PM

Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby! Sir Yeshua rolls all skulls baby!

I seem to recall that one of the other problems with the Green Wyrmling was it's Valiant personality. That made it too powerful as a blocker for the 4th Mass.
Old February 19th, 2013, 03:55 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Warning long post ahead!

The main problem for the wyrmling though was it capable of wiping the floor for common melee squads. You could attack twice against melee through wyrmling bonding. Then the squad could risk a disengagement attack 33% chance for a wound or they could attack it. With flying it could easily gain height. The valiant personality would give the 4th mass a valiant bonus.

Now to discuss the big problem: Counterstrike.
What I use to analyse it is this: Does the figure have a less than 50% chance of getting whacked with counterstrike and at what attack die number?

4 defense- attacker has to have 2 dice to have a 43.2% chance of counterstrike.

5 defense- attacker has to have 3 attack dice to have a 39.5% chance of counterstrike.

6 defense- attacker has to have 3 attack to have a 49.0% chance of counterstrike.

7 defense- attacker has to have 4 attack to have a 45.0% chance of counterstrike.

8 defense- attacker has to have 5 attack to have a 41.7% chance of counterstrike.

Now I believe Greygnarl's fixes the main problem with the previous versions. With only one counterstrike per turn melee squads can swarm it and take it down without too much loss.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; February 19th, 2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old March 15th, 2018, 02:59 AM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

Number of Figures = 1
  • Targeting Point = Head
  • Grey Area = Body

• -Rulings and Clarifications-

Q: Which figures are affected by Zombie Breath Attack special powers?

A: The Zombie Breath Attack can only affect 3 small, or medium figures that are in 4 clear sight spaces of the Zombie Dragon, and the army card is out of the game. The Zombie Dragon gets control of all units he turned into zombies with his special.

Q: How does Zombie Regenerate works, and can a enemy undead savage still be affected by this special?

A: All undead savage adjacent to the Zombie Dragon can still be affected. The Zombie Dragon never leaves the battlefield after being destroyed, the body of the Zombie Dragon can still be resurrected by the Zombie Regenerate special.

Q: When is Stealth Flight super effective in battle.

A: You can use this special power to leave a engagement, ignore elevations, fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without being engaged, and fly over obstacles. This special power can be activated if there is a enemy figure in clear sight of the Zombie Dragon.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; March 15th, 2018 at 06:22 PM.
Old March 15th, 2018, 09:05 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Number of Figures = 1
  • Targeting Point = Head
  • Grey Area = Body

A: The Zombie Breath Attack can only affect 3 small, or medium figures that are in 4 clear sight spaces of the Zombie Dragon, and the army card is out of the game. The Zombie Dragon gets control of all units he turned into zombies with his special.

Q: How does Zombie Regenerate works, and can a enemy undead savage still be affected by this special?

A: All undead savage adjacent to the Zombie Dragon can still be affected. The Zombie Dragon never leaves the battlefield after being destroyed, the body of the Zombie Dragon can still be resurrected by the Zombie Regenerate special.

A: You can use this special power to leave a engagement, ignore elevations, fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without being engaged, and fly over obstacles. This special power can be activated if there is a enemy figure in clear sight of the Zombie Dragon.

You should place this on your own customs thread, if you don't have one, then you should make one. This area is intended for review of customs that people plan to submit to SOV.

A pre-painted miniature is also required, along with knowing its availability and price, if you actually were planning on submitting this to SOV.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 20th, 2018, 12:27 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Number of Figures = 1
  • Targeting Point = Head
  • Grey Area = Body

I believe this figure was used earlier by the C3V for a figure called Nidhog in the early days of the project. However, due to availability of the figure it was dropped.
Old March 21st, 2018, 01:55 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I'd like to submit Viereyl for consideration. I'm currently using a Syvarris repaint for him, but would welcome suggestions as to a more acceptable figure. Otherwise, what do you all think? I'm especially interested in determining the right Point Cost for him.

Thanks!

NAME = VIEREYL

SPECIES = DROW
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ARCHER
PERSONALITY = TERRIFYING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 9
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = 120

Blood Arrow Special Attack
Range 7, Attack 3
If Viereyl does not inflict a wound with
Blood Arrow Special Attack, he may attack one additional time.

Giant Spider Venomed Arrows
Each time Viereyl inflicts a wound with a normal or special attack, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-9, the defending figure receives no additional wounds from Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll 10-19, add one addtional wound marker to the defending figure's card, and roll again for Giant Spider Venomed Arrows. If you roll a 20, destroy the defending figure.

Cloud of Darkness
After taking a turn with
Viereyl, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, while he remains on that space, Viereyl has no visible hit zones until you reveal an order marker.

Old March 21st, 2018, 02:15 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The overall concept is decent. I'm not sure about the repaint... I'm also not sure you're going to find a Drow archer mini.

The interaction between Blood Arrow Special Attack and Giant Spider Venomed Arrows doesn't work for me. Adding another effect to a special attack outside of the special attack itself is dangerous territory. It's messy enough with Shurrak's Knockback, but adding additional wounds? That gets confusing quickly. One Shield Defense is a troublesome interaction just off the top of my head.

That plays into my primary critique: the design is a little "busy." It's got more stuff going on that is necessary for the unit to function. Why does Blood Arrow need to be a special attack? I suggest decreasing the range of his normal attack a little, and change the special attack to an ability that gives him a second attack if the first misses.
Old March 21st, 2018, 04:54 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Oooo, a Drow. let me thrown in my

Quote:
The overall concept is decent. I'm not sure about the repaint... I'm also not sure you're going to find a Drow archer mini.
As far as repaints go, I would be okay with a Syvaris repaint since most people will already have his figure, and his figure is relatively easy to get. My problem would be more that the Drow are all modeled in a different style from Heroscape, so I'm not sure whether a Syvaris repaint would fit with the other Drow figures.

As for other Drow figures, there are several miniatures for a Drow archer, but none of them have the quantity needed. You would need to find a different figure that wasn't a Drow, and paint their skin dark to look like a Drow.

Quote:
The interaction between Blood Arrow Special Attack and Giant Spider Venomed Arrows doesn't work for me. Adding another effect to a special attack outside of the special attack itself is dangerous territory. It's messy enough with Shurrak's Knockback, but adding additional wounds? That gets confusing quickly. One Shield Defense is a troublesome interaction just off the top of my head.
This interaction looks to be mimicking the interaction of Poison weapons that the Deepwyrm have. Other than it also working with the Special attack, I'm not sure why it would be a problem. Though I would recommend reworking the name so that it flows from the mouth a little easier. Something like "Venom of the Giant Spider Arrows", but this isn't a huge deal. You could also just use "Poison Weapons" but change it to "Poison Arrows".

Quote:
That plays into my primary critique: the design is a little "busy." It's got more stuff going on that is necessary for the unit to function. Why does Blood Arrow need to be a special attack? I suggest decreasing the range of his normal attack a little, and change the special attack to an ability that gives him a second attack if the first misses.
I agree with this. The special could work either as Scytale has suggested, or you could simply make it the 'Double Attack" ability. I would recommend lowering his range to around 7.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards