Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 25th, 2012, 02:13 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Scientist Supreme - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Those two glyphs would also wound her after she uses them and then they would be removed from the game.
Other than this which I'm not sure you anticipated, I really like this design. (And I totally thought about buying this figure the other week, then decided against it. Ugh!: )

Any reason she isn't a scientist? Being a terrorist doesn't give her any synergies, does it?

Baron von Strucker's Intelligence Network does

Madame HYDRA's Lead By Example does.

Those are two that I can think of off hand at the moment.
Wow, haven't played Hydra in a long time. That's good. She just joins US Agent, Winter Soldier, and Silver Samurai in having a class that doesn't match their name!
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Cool stuff Bats

I like that she can give turns to AIM Agents, they will be fun together.

High Tech Research is cool.

The only thing I think would be confusing is with Research Parameters in having the Cosmic Cube and Nega-Bands in it. It would seem odd for teammates Red Skull and Captain Mar-Vell can start with those glyphs and then when she gains one there could be duplicate Cosmic Cubes or Nega-Bands in the same army.
Yeah, as others mentioned, I'm fine with the theme of them being poor replicas. Their temporary usability reinforces this theme too (and keeps her power well in check).

Quote:
Those two glyphs would also wound her after she uses them and then they would be removed from the game.
Yep. Which sells the theme and keeps the power level in check, IMO. Supreme Scientist usually doesn't know what to do with objects this powerful when she finally gets ahold of them. She's no Thanos or Red Skull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Well, multiple Cosmic Cubes have been made, so that's not a huge issue. The Nega-Bands are sort of odd, though, since they're Kree tech and not really something that A.I.M. could just throw together. Maybe you could say they're synthetic or poor copies or something; I dunno. Not a complete deal breaker.
Yeah, poor copies seems about right, especially with it being temporarily usable. If we had a big bomb equipment glyph, I might've gone with that instead, but I didn't feel like waiting around or LDing another glyph just now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Leader of AIM will be Awesome for M.O.D.O.K. and Red Skull!
And Arnim Zola too!

Quote:
Quote:
Other than this which I'm not sure you anticipated, I really like this design. (And I totally thought about buying this figure the other week, then decided against it. Ugh!: )
I anticipated it. But I probably didn't factor it into her cost enough (more on that in response to GP).

Quote:
Any reason she isn't a scientist? Being a terrorist doesn't give her any synergies, does it?
Beyond the cool Terrorist synergies Hahma mentioned, and the fact that the A.I.M. Agents are Terrorists (so it matches), I also really think she'd be a poor fit with the Fantastic Four. (Thematically, that is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
Looks cool. Cost seems pretty high though for what she does. I imagine she'll come down to 130-160 after army testing. Maybe 80-110 in solo matches.
Yeah, you're absolutely right. I think she'll come down quite a bit as well. I think I was overestimating the usefulness of her glyph powers.

Quote:
Wow, haven't played Hydra in a long time. That's good. She just joins US Agent, Winter Soldier, and Silver Samurai in having a class that doesn't match their name!
Well hopefully this will get HYDRA and AIM on your battlefields more often!

And, yeah, it'd be odd to actually match such things around here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2012, 11:33 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Updated the projected cost in the SP and sent to ERB.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 27th, 2012, 11:49 PM

Good idea! And easy add.

Thanks,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth
Looks good! Might want to put something about the Glyphs being "Symbol side up" in the first power if you want a truly random draw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Hey guys!

Here's one that goes nicely with MODOK and the AIM Agents.

Let me know what you think! As always, your thoughts are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = SCIENTIST SUPREME
SECRET IDENTITY = MONICA RAPPACCINI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 160

RESEARCH PARAMETERS
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Experimental Medicine, the Glyph of Teleportation Belt, the Glyph of Nega-Bands, and the Glyph of Cosmic Cube into a Glyph Pool and set them aside.

HIGH TECH RESEARCH
After moving, instead of attacking, if there are no Equipment Glyphs on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die adding 1 to the roll for every Scientist or Terrorist figure you control adjacent to Scientist Supreme. If you roll 16 or higher, choose an Equipment Glyph from Scientist Supreme’s Glyph Pool at random and place it on this card. If Scientist Supreme drops or loses an equipped glyph placed with High Tech Research, or if it is stolen, remove that glyph from the game.

LEADER OF A.I.M.
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Scientist Supreme, you may take a turn with a squad of A.I.M. Agents or any Unique Clone Hero you control.

Old October 27th, 2012, 11:54 PM

Glyphs aren't Unique Heroes, so there's no limit to how many of one you can have in play at a time.

Thematically she's just engineering her own copies of these.

Comma added.

Hmm ... I'm going to have to review the glyph rules. The intent was for her not to be able to give the glyph to any other figure.

I'm really thinking I ought to swap the Nega-Bands out for a different glyph. I'll have to see if the guys have any preferences.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Taco Supreme

Difference between a taco and taco supreme? Sour cream!

Research Parameters/High Tech Research
I’m assuming that the glyphs you set aside wouldn’t prohibit you from placing a copy of any of those glyphs on the board, or prevent Red Skull from starting the game with his own Cosmic Cube.

May need comma after “you may roll the 20-sided die.”

Two of the glyphs will wound her when she uses it (and those glyphs will be removed after first use), one could potentially destroy her, and the other will keep her pants up. I checked the rules on C3G’s Equipment Glyphs, and she can only drop/pass the glyph before/during/after movement. I don’t think she would be able drop/pass the glyph until a future turn based on the timing indicated here, but you’d have to verify I’m reading that correctly.

I think she could pass the glyph on a future turn without destroying the glyph. If so, getting the Cosmic Cube could make drafting Madame HYDRA and Red Skull very attractive. Ha! Imagine two Cosmic Cubes in the game getting tossed back and forth! Ok, maybe more risky than attractive.

Leader of A.I.M.
Normally I would recommend moving this into the second position due to the order it takes place during a turn. However, I think your order is better due to the fact that Research Parameters and High Tech Research are so tightly integrated.

If she reveals an OM and gives the turn to Red Skull, Red Skull could return the favor and let her take a Master Motivator turn if he wounds a figure with his normal attack. When she takes the Master Motivator turn, she won’t be able to pull this trick again due to not revealing the OM during her bonding turn. Still, it’s an interesting bonding loop.

Final Thoughts
She has low life that makes her extremely vulnerable to the damage she potentially faces from her Research. She has to forfeit her attack for a low probability of actually succeeding in her Research (albeit improved if she’s surrounded by A.I.M.). Passing the glyph? Nega-Bands would be immediately removed from the game the moment Scientist Supreme equips it and takes damage at the end of that turn unless I’m wrong about the glyph passing.

Difference between HYDRA and AIM? Sour cream!

Old October 28th, 2012, 12:00 AM

I'm thinking of swapping the Nega-Bands for the Cosmic Control Rod or The Shrinking Ray Gun. Any preferences?

Old October 28th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cosmic Control Rod

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old October 28th, 2012, 03:07 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Cosmic Control Rod
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Works for me

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Cool. I'll go with that one then.

Old October 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM

Glyphs aren't Unique Heroes and don't have the burden of the drafting rules Unique Heroes do. Thematically, think of her making copies of the objects, not stealing them somehow.

The idea of opening it up to a wider pool of glyphs is fun, but would make costing her extremely difficult. As it is, I feel we'll have enough variety to keep it fun and somewhat elegant. It certainly would move to an area of greater and greater mechanical concerns if we opened the pool up further. It would also significantly increase her power level, which I'm not looking to do.

The scenario you describe with Red Skull and Black Cat is an extreme, niche scenario, but even then I don't think it's harder to track things that it is to track wounds with Uncommon Heroes. The first time Scientist Supreme uses a Cosmic Cube, it'll be destroyed, so even if all three of those units are in the same game I don't see the scenario occurring being highly likely. Also, it's pretty easy to check and see if a Cosmic Cube has already been destroyed, or if it's still in your glyph pool based on what's been taken out of your glyph pool and how many symbol side up glyphs are still in it.

Honestly, I just don't see the concern.

It's a new approach to things and I think it'll be a fun one on the battlefield. Quirks and all.

Cheers,
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
Hey guys!

Here's one that goes nicely with MODOK and the AIM Agents.

Let me know what you think! As always, your thoughts are much appreciated.

Cheers,
Bats

NAME = SCIENTIST SUPREME
SECRET IDENTITY = MONICA RAPPACCINI

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TERRORIST
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 160

RESEARCH PARAMETERS
At the start of the game, place the Glyph of Experimental Medicine, the Glyph of Teleportation Belt, the Glyph of Nega-Bands, and the Glyph of Cosmic Cube into a Glyph Pool and set them aside.

HIGH TECH RESEARCH
After moving, instead of attacking, if there are no Equipment Glyphs on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die adding 1 to the roll for every Scientist or Terrorist figure you control adjacent to Scientist Supreme. If you roll 16 or higher, choose an Equipment Glyph from Scientist Supreme’s Glyph Pool at random and place it on this card. If Scientist Supreme drops or loses an equipped glyph placed with High Tech Research, or if it is stolen, remove that glyph from the game.

LEADER OF A.I.M.
After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Scientist Supreme, you may take a turn with a squad of A.I.M. Agents or any Unique Clone Hero you control.
I'm confused by the glyph stuff.

Research Parameters: you put four specific glyphs into a glyph pool at the start of the game. What happens if, say, the Expermiental Medicine is part of the scenario? Or if Red Skull is on the map? Do you use more than one Medicine Glyph or Cosmic Cube? One for the scenario/Red Skull and one for the glyph pool? This feels weird to me as I think of items like the Cosmic Cube as sort of a "Unique Hero" item, ie - shouldn't have more than one of them on the map. Experimental Medicine, not so much.

What happpens if C3G develops more scientific research-type equipment glyphs? Now the Scientist Supreme can't develop any of those glyphs. An alternative option: how about say something like, "Choose any four E-Glyphs and put them into a pool."

High Tech Research: So if Scientist Supreme rolls the 16 and gets a glyph, and then on the next turn Black Cat steals it, then as soon as Black Cat finishes moving, the glyph self-destructs? OK...so now back to my earlier question: if Red Skull is on the map, now you have two Cosmic Cube glyphs running around. Now I have to remember whether the glyph that Black Cat just stole was the Cosmic Cube that Red Skull dropped and Scientist Supreme picked up or whether it's the Cosmic Cube that popped into existence out of the glyph pool and is eligible for being self destructed.

Is it doable? Yes...but is it elegant? I don't think so.

Old October 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Isn't the glyph immediately removed from the game when it is stolen, dropped, or lost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library