Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old September 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM
C3G's Plaid Scientist

Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: C3G SuperHeroScape Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I have been trying to create a map & it doesn't save most of the time. I reckon about 1 in 10 times that I have tried saving progress it has actually saved. This is very frustrating!

And are the LOS Blockers working yet as they don't seem to for me?
For the saving problem, you have to wait a few seconds (maybe more) until it says, "your battlefield has been successfully saved" then you're good to quit.
Well, I expected to see a bunch of errors in the logs, but I'm seeing your saves as successful. It does take a second or 2. How big were your maps?

The LOS blockers should be working. The only thing I can think of that might have been going on is a broken internet connection. My app won't tell you if you went offline, but your actions just won't work anymore.
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:01 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Ok, I tried again last night & left it after I hit save & after about 40 seconds the message box displayed saying it had saved. So that part is good if not painfully slow.

As for the LOS Blockers, still nothing is happening there.
Old September 30th, 2012, 05:24 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

It also appears I can't delete one of my maps (A3n's Map) as it says that there is a game still in progress on it. However I have deleted all the games I had going.

Still no LOS Blockers .
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is there a way to view only certain portions of a map, say, to view the lower level of a building, or an underground complex, in battle mode (not design phase)
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:25 AM

Ok, I (finally) worked out what I was doing wrong (although I will argue this in a second). I was trying to put the LOS blocker on an empty space - like on the level above the tile it sits on. Instead you have to put the blocker on the same level the tile it sits on is on.

This is problematic in that some maps will actually have the castle walls on the table top & as such not on a tile. Also because it's not part of the level above the tile it rests on it's actually harder to work out where to place it as you normally use the surrounding tiles in conjunction with the lower tiles to match the position.

So please Mr Snappleman can you fix that.
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:32 AM

New problem, how do I add more height to the map. When creating the map I miscalculated & set the height to 12 but it needs to be 13?
Old October 1st, 2012, 07:12 AM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Ok, I (finally) worked out what I was doing wrong (although I will argue this in a second). I was trying to put the LOS blocker on an empty space - like on the level above the tile it sits on. Instead you have to put the blocker on the same level the tile it sits on is on.

This is problematic in that some maps will actually have the castle walls on the table top & as such not on a tile. Also because it's not part of the level above the tile it rests on it's actually harder to work out where to place it as you normally use the surrounding tiles in conjunction with the lower tiles to match the position.

So please Mr Snappleman can you fix that.
I did notice that to, especially when using the Rock Outcrops, which very often are placed directly on the table
Old October 1st, 2012, 10:28 AM
C3G's Plaid Scientist

Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snappleman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Is there a way to view only certain portions of a map, say, to view the lower level of a building, or an underground complex, in battle mode (not design phase)
The "Active Level" drop down with the plus and minus buttons should allow you to select what level you want to see. If you have 3 floors in a building for instance and each is 10 levels high, you can select level 1 to see the bottom, level 11 to see the 2nd floor and level 21 to see the top floor. I hope that's what you're talking about.

A3n, enabling the LOS blockers on just the grid is definitely on my todo list. I know that was one of my gaping holes. Sorry you had to run into that. I'll get that fixes. Adding height to a map similar to the x and y has also been on my todo list. I'm glad you guys are trying out some map building. It gives me new motivation. I'll get those changes in there today or tomorrow.
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:22 PM

Is there a way you can make so that either:
A). when making a map you can nominate a level at which the transparency toggle effects also. Or,
B). in the game there was a level transparency slider that you just slide down to make all levels above that transparent?
Old October 1st, 2012, 04:53 PM
C3G's Plaid Scientist

Quote:
Is there a way you can make so that either:
A). when making a map you can nominate a level at which the transparency toggle effects also. Or,
B). in the game there was a level transparency slider that you just slide down to make all levels above that transparent?
Not quite sure I'm following, but for A) I think if you do a Alt+W and type in 21, then that will make 21 the current working level and everything above 21 will disappear. Is that different than what you're asking for?

For B), is it that you're not a big fan of the plus and minus buttons and you don't like picking from the dropdown? I can definitely switch it to a slider, but it might be tricky with 100+ levels to get the one you want and also, it's less hot-key friendly.
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:11 PM

For A) I suppose I was kind of thinking like setting presets that could be set to the transparency toggle.

I actually didn't know there was a hot-key for it.

For B) I actually don't know what I was really thinking. Forget my raving there. Although maybe a spinner might work well.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:27 PM
C3G's Plaid Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappleman View Post
Quote:
The "Active Level" drop down with the plus and minus buttons should allow you to select what level you want to see. If you have 3 floors in a building for instance and each is 10 levels high, you can select level 1 to see the bottom, level 11 to see the 2nd floor and level 21 to see the top floor. I hope that's what you're talking about.

A3n, enabling the LOS blockers on just the grid is definitely on my todo list. I know that was one of my gaping holes. Sorry you had to run into that. I'll get that fixes. Adding height to a map similar to the x and y has also been on my todo list. I'm glad you guys are trying out some map building. It gives me new motivation. I'll get those changes in there today or tomorrow.
When I said today or tomorrow, I actually meant a week and a half from now. You can now adjust the Z coordinate of a map and you can now put Trees, rocks and ruins on the playing surface as well as on hexes.

Also, anyone who's been watching this thread, I'd like you to weigh in. I checked over in the SuperHeroScape League thread and everyone's playing and seemingly happy. This app I'm making really doesn't solve any major issues that HeroSkype can't already do. My app is intended to be a smoother and hopefully cooler-looking experience. I'm starting to think that the effort might not be worth it in the end.

Is everyone happy with HeroSkype? Should I abandon my app in favor of more fruitful efforts??? Please let me know. Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy