Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 29th, 2023, 06:25 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps: Crumbling Castle

Nice! It really conveys the theme well.

Now I am nowhere near a seasoned map expert, but the center hill looks like it would offer a significant vantage point for ranged figures (10th Regiment of Foot, for example), and might be challenging to assault. What if two columns were added on the top hill? That would obstruct the amount of clear shots the hill defenders would have.
Old November 29th, 2023, 06:39 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post

Now I am nowhere near a seasoned map expert, but the center hill looks like it would offer a significant vantage point for ranged figures (10th Regiment of Foot, for example), and might be challenging to assault. What if two columns were added on the top hill? That would obstruct the amount of clear shots the hill defenders would have.
Good idea, M. I love the map too and the columns would make it even better.

Old November 30th, 2023, 02:19 AM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriadite View Post

Hey, thanks for checking out my thread!

Part of the thesis of this design was actually to limit LoS blockers and keep that middle pretty open. I think the ladders, road, and the overall size of the map actually helps deal with range. Given that its so small, Knights can reach level 4 and attack those positions within 2 turns. Though, I will admit that they can easily shoot at the glyphs, so maybe the sides could use a little cover.

I appreciate the feedback, I really enjoy the collaborative nature that mapmaking in this community welcomes and oftentimes catches things I've missed.
Old December 1st, 2023, 12:34 AM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Your explanation makes sense; there are plenty of columns and battlements to sneak around before you make a run at the hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Part of the thesis of this design was actually to limit LoS blockers and keep that middle pretty open.
I like that concept.
Old January 6th, 2024, 08:41 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrig's Maps: Kuraokami

Happy new year! I wanted to use a terrain combo that is rarely if at all used, specifically Marvel, Fortress, Tundra, so I've got a bit of an odd one here. Here's Kuraokami:

Kuraokami

Last edited by Shurrig; January 9th, 2024 at 07:22 PM.
Old January 6th, 2024, 08:45 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Nice combo! I think it works well.

Old January 6th, 2024, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Nice combo! I think it works well.
Thanks a bunch!
Old January 31st, 2024, 04:41 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: New Multiplayer Map/Updates

Adding Aubrien Hideout to this thread! I had posted it already in the casual maps channel over on the discord but forgot to put it here

Aubrien Hideout

Also, some updates to Guts and Viney Pines! Thanks to everyone's feedback on these, I'm liking these new versions much more.

Guts

Viney Pines
Old March 25th, 2024, 10:40 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: New AoA Maps

My maps for the AoA Map Contest. Here are Ceremony and Lost Wonder:

Ceremony

Lost Wonder

Last edited by Shurrig; March 31st, 2024 at 08:40 PM.
Old April 9th, 2024, 11:50 PM

Re: Shurrig's Maps: Tigress

New map, Tigress:

Tigress
Old April 10th, 2024, 04:12 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

At a glance, I like it a lot. my gut feeling of the ruin placement seems like it's more aesthetics than functionally useful...but that's not always bad.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 10th, 2024, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
At a glance, I like it a lot. my gut feeling of the ruin placement seems like it's more aesthetics than functionally useful...but that's not always bad.
Thanks! And yeah, I've been trying to make double long ruins work for a minute, trying to compensate for all the double short ruin maps out there. I'm happy with where they ended up, as the spaces behind them are best used as launch points onto level 3.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios