Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios

Old September 4th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
Re: C3G Map in progress - Freak Show Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Hey what do you use on the ladders that allows you to sit non rebased clix on it, like your robin in the overhead shot?
Check out this thread I created. This was an inspired idea I had when I began playing with the Heroclix miniatures on Platforms 5 & 6.

Platforms for ladder rungs
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!

I played a battle on the map, and Yellow Lantern once again slammed the heroes. I need to just focus all attacks on Yellow Lantern, because Yellow Lantern does have a glass jaw.

Spiderman nearly got knocked back off the roof from YL, but Spiderman would have landed on the unplayable hex of the warehouse ruin. So Spiderman couldn't move off the roof and had to roll a single die instead. Spidey's luck didn't hold, nor did anyone else's. If Hawkgirl had won initiative on the last round, she could have flown to the cops for protection, then swooped to attack Yellow Lantern.

As with the second battle, there was a ton of moving around throughout the battle. The buildings were completely stable, and I never felt the need to pull the buildings back.

Verdict on map:
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:24 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Absolutely Brilliant! Thank you so very much for your assistance, time, analysis & great reports. I will fix the ladders on the lower building & change back the 2nd floor balcony configuration on the upper building. Is there anything else you can think of that might be required to change or be beneficial?

Everybody who reads this please +rep Davidlhsl.

Cheers
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:32 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Is there anything else you can think of that might be required to change or be beneficial?
Well, I could really use some help against Yellow Lantern!

(shaking fist at Yellow Lantern's figure on the map next to me) Curse you, Red Baron!!!

Oh, that picture I took where I illustrate the two ladders underneath the 2nd level... you have my permission to copy that photo (or any others you want) and include with the final map building pdf if you'd like. That could be useful to someone building the map.

After all the great work you do with putting the cards and pdf files together, it was a pleasure to assist!
Old September 4th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You just need to send some fliers against him!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 5th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

I just thought of something...

I think I'll keep the original build instructions along with the revised, because I just thought of a reason it would be useful to have buildings not built into the map.

If you are able to set up the buildings independently of the map, you can easily set the buildings aside and save for later (provided you don't need the castle set for another map). The basic street-level map actually doesn't take that long to set up, so you can always set up the map again pretty quickly. Even better, you can actually transport the buildings to another location (friend's house, FLGS, park, etc.). Just take the buildings, tear down the map and put the pieces into a box, then transport the set to the other location.

Granted, this ups the build requirement to three sets (which is why the revised build is still preferable), but you might consider adding the original build with the pdf to give the user an alternative if they have the extra set.

Also, the user could even build a completely different street level layout. Maybe the user would use the extra pieces from the third set to build one or two shorter buildings. I see great potential with this set.

Edit: I don't mean you should create the different layout or other buildings. This is up to the imagination of the user. I was pointing out the flexibility provided.

Edit 2: The Heroes finally won!!! I sent in Hawkgirl early, and she whopped Yellow Lantern with 4 wounds in one blow, then finished him off. Hawkgirl and Robin were taken out, but Batman and Spiderman finished off the SCS. Great battle.

Last edited by davidlhsl; September 5th, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:29 AM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What about just putting the buildings instructions into a pdf, if it isn't to time consuming to take the map part out and leave the buildings.
Old September 5th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Drink Burt's Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidicul View Post
What about just putting the buildings instructions into a pdf, if it isn't to time consuming to take the map part out and leave the buildings.
Maybe all that's necessary is a paragraph stating something like: "If you have three castle sets and wish to set up the buildings without attaching them to the battlefield, simply replace the middle two hexes on the first 10 levels with straight battlements and straight columns, then follow the rest of the instructions as normal."

That would probably save A3n a lot of work.
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:15 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Maybe something like this, where the build instructions are seperated into parts. You could have a section for the base and a section for the buildings.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 5th, 2010, 12:16 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

That could work. I was just thinking that having the actual build instructions would be helpful, but the paragraph might work, and I'm a fan of saving A3n work since last I knew his work load was fairly big already.
Old September 5th, 2010, 04:14 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapemage921 View Post
Maybe something like this, where the build instructions are seperated into parts. You could have a section for the base and a section for the buildings.
The difference here is that they are 2 different builds that Davidlhsl is referring to. The second version I remade to give more stability to the building without having to include another FotA & without losing height, meant that I used terrain as part of the building. This of course took away it's portability. Coincidently I manage to use all hexes from all the required sets in the second version .

Anyway I will see what I can come up with, but it might not be 'til later in the week at this stage. When it's all together I will make a proposal.

Cheers
Old September 5th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

My proposal to include David:html in the group counted as my vote (as usual), but here is my yea anyways.

The proposal passes due to time.
David:html, do you accept membership in this here Map Maker guild?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library > C3G Maps & Scenarios