Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old May 27th, 2018, 02:21 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flameslayer Customs (Wave 2: Valhallan Wrath)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Nice set of customs. I don't have the time to respond to everything, but there were a few that caught my eye:

Dark Wolf
I'm a fan of adding Unleashed Fury to another card (even if it won't save Khosumet), and placing it on a Unique Hero adds another level of risk to the process. Honestly, though, I probably would only take him with C3V's Varkaanans, no matter how potent the special attack might get when paired with the Wolves of Badru, on account of his class of Legend. I'm sure that he would be too powerful as a Dark Lord, but his name implies that he would've been. Since he's a Varkaanan-esque wolf, I'm also surprised that you didn't give him a unique name along the lines of Manauvi, Bahadur, or Arktos.

Overall, I really like this guy. It's a pity that he has to be modded--I'm sure that there are spare Confrontation Wolfen Heroes lying around somewhere.

Glyph of Knoss
This horrifies me. That is all.

Volcarren Hounds
I can see why you avoided giving them Searing Intensity (otherwise, they'd be too similar to the Marrden Hounds), but I don't really get a sense of flame from these guys. Hunters works well (although I'm not sure how useful Pursuit will be on most maps, so it could act largely as flavor), but Lava Resistant alone doesn't scream fire to me. For figures that look a lot like lava elemental dogs, it feels just a little bit off to me.

Rastuci Sunce
I really like these guys! The small range coupled with an above-average attack seems like it'll function uniquely enough, but Rise from the Ashes conveys Pheonix perfectly. I also like that their attack is higher than their defense--it ensures that they'll be burning enemies but dying in the process, giving them ample opportunity to take advantage of their resurrection ability. I do wish that they got revived adjacent to an existing Pheonix, though that's mostly just because I don't keep track of starting zones after the match begins and some maps have some funky ways to begin (a crime of which I'm also guilty).

Tavern Table
I don't believe I've seen anyone put a Destructible Object in a pack before, so this looks like a lot of fun! It does seem strangely durable for a table, but it needs to be when there are Marro Overlords storming about. I'm assuming that players are able to stand upon the table when it's upright? What happens when another player flips it to be on its side the following turn, or when the table is destroyed with a figure on top?
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed another great wave.

Dark Wolf:
You can mod him up with an extra set of Vark Greyspears, that's what I did since I had two sets and didn't want to make another squad for them. I chose to stick with his original name of Dark Wolf (I had created the design a long time ago now) since I wanted him to still feel imposing. Giving him a random fantasy name didn't seem as terrifying as Dark Wolf. I've played him with the Anubians/Khosumet, and that's a bunch of fun too. Lots of D20 chucking action, and even if you sack Khosumet, you don't lose as much as you gain!

Knoss:
It's definitely a fun idea, and fortunately it hasn't proc'd for us yet. Fortunately you can still give away a filler unit like Isamu or even Lodi.

Volcarren Hounds:
I've been hot and cold with this design since I decided to roll with the minis. In the end I decided to stay away from using 'fire as a weapon' theme and let them simply act as the animals they are. The high stats still match the other flame units which is fairly thematic.

Rastuci Sunce:
Resurrecting adjacent to each other was a fun idea, but it was just a touch too much in testing iirc.

Tavern Table:
It's hard to flip a table with a 20,000 pound robot on it But the figure would just fall if you destroy the table. Falling damage really isn't too big of a deal, but when it is, the table has been given a height of 2.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 27th, 2018, 01:57 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flameslayer Customs (Wave 2: Valhallan Wrath)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed another great wave.

Volcarren Hounds:
I've been hot and cold with this design since I decided to roll with the minis. In the end I decided to stay away from using 'fire as a weapon' theme and let them simply act as the animals they are. The high stats still match the other flame units which is fairly thematic.

Rastuci Sunce:
Resurrecting adjacent to each other was a fun idea, but it was just a touch too much in testing iirc.

Tavern Table:
It's hard to flip a table with a 20,000 pound robot on it But the figure would just fall if you destroy the table. Falling damage really isn't too big of a deal, but when it is, the table has been given a height of 2.
Volcarren Hounds
Fair enough, although the unpainted nature of the minis makes me think of them as more fire elementals. I didn't draw the connection between 4/4 Attack/Defense and the other flame units, though that's probably just because my favorite units Kaemon Awa and Zelrig each have 4/4 as well.

Rastuci Sunce
That makes sense, and I appreciate the lower price tag especially so after all of the discussion about the Einar Imperium at 140 points. It certainly wouldn't feel good to have the D20 roll be too high to compensate for the improved resurrection, so I can see why you went with spawning in the Starting Zones.

Tavern Table
Ants around the world are screaming in terror.

In all seriousness, I just wanted to check on the special rules regarding the table. I can't lie that I'm disappointed that you can't just flip over a table that Deathwalker 9000 is standing on top of, though.
Old May 27th, 2018, 06:15 PM

The Strange Traveler has disabled reputation
Re: Flameslayer Customs (Wave 3: Valhallan Wrath)

[deleted]

Last edited by The Strange Traveler; September 11th, 2021 at 01:52 AM.
Old May 27th, 2018, 08:16 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Flameslayer Customs (Wave 3: Valhallan Wrath)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Strange Traveler View Post
A great wave! Here are my comments on some of the cards that interested me the most. Comments on some more of them might come later.

Flesh Troll: I like the wound-limiting part of Rotten Wound a lot. It’s quite creative! I see it like a guaranteed One Shield Defense. However, why is immunity to Extreme Falling Damage part of the power? Why not just add another power if you want Flesh Trolls to be immune to Extreme Falling Damage? The two parts of Rotten Wound seem disjointed to me. I also think that the price of the Flesh Troll might be a little low for a figure with such good, guaranteed survivability. However, it does have only a single normal melee attack, so I’m not sure. Lastly, its name is Flesh Troll, but its species is golem. Shouldn’t they be the same, either species golem and name Flesh Golem, or species troll and name Flesh Troll?

Skaven Clansmen: Scatter on an actual fighting squad? Should be interesting, to say the least. I can see a lot of new, interesting ways to use Scatter for a squad that actually wants to fight, and it shouldn’t be too annoying because the Skavens’ defense is so weak. I like Warpstones too. It is kind of like Exoskeleton, but more flexible and less powerful. Can you use more than one Warpstone counter per roll to reroll more than one time?

Sir Lancelot: To start, what is Twin Spears supposed to do? It seems that there is an omitted word or two. I can see Sir Lancelot working with or without Knights of Weston. With the Knights, he would charge directly into the fight and rely on them to free him to gallop again. Without the Knights, he would pick off enemies in locations where he couldn’t be swarmed and held down. Of course, his speed is just incredible regardless. He seems like a pretty solid cleanup unit. All in all, I like this one.

And lastly, can you tell me more about Myvra? What kind of theme does she have? Is she a good general, is she an evil one, is she in between? Is she with the Alliance or not?
Thanks a bunch for the feedback!

Flesh Troll: Rotten Wound had been given the “protection from extreme falling” just as a gimmick. I could split the power into two. Maybe call the other one “Spineless? Lol. Also, Flesh Golem just sounded too generic. Once I came up with Flesh Troll, it just kinda stuck. Balance wise, you might be right. Unfortunately I haven’t had time to playtest everything much, and since I felt he was mostly meant to be used as a monster in campaigns, I left his balance to the wayside for now. I’ll definately think him over again though!

Skaven Clansmen: These guys are a bunch of fun, scatter lets you bounce them in or out of combat which is a tactically fun. I believe we played it so you could reroll as often as you’d like (or until you run out of warpstones!). I can clarify that on the card.

Lancelot: Oops! He is supposed to get two attacks, as long as he attacks two seperate figures. I’m glad you like him! He won a custom contest (we made bonded humans ). He is a bunch of fun to play and play against, since you can swarm him fairly easily if you have him leap ahead too much.

On Myvra: Myvra was a general created by @Deliriant several years ago. She uses a lot of steampunk units, and I’ve added horrific things to her lineup. For right now I’m calling her a neutral party, who sometimes sides with Utgar. The Alliance wants to get her on their side, since her magic is wild and would be very helpful for defeating Utgar and preventing Valkrill from turning Valhalla into smoldering ash. But most of the time, her armies are territorial, preferring to protect her lands than actually fighting. No worries, I have a bunch more Myvran units on the way.

Edit: I corrected Lancelot's Army Card and updated the Flesh Troll to maybe be a bit better balanced.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; May 27th, 2018 at 11:58 PM.
Old November 17th, 2018, 11:11 PM
I could go

Rastuci Sunce Playtests

@LoveElemental and I knocked out a couple of games with the Rastuci Sunce.

Both matches were on The Spiderweb.

Round 1: 440 points

LE: Rastuci x3, Van Nessing (435)
FS: Bramcephys, Isamu, Drudge x4 (440)

Note: The Spiderweb is a Swamp board, with a fair bit of Swamp Water on non level zero spaces.

Glyphs: Def +1, U Atk +1, 2 Treasures

After snatching Gerda, the pheonixes were doing well vs the Drudge. Then Bram came out to play, got the Def +1 Treasure, and starting going nuts with hits. By the time Van Nessing came out, Bram was at 5 hits. Bram killed VN, but the pheonixes killed Bram in the end. Drudge finished off the remaining Phenoixes. 7 aliens and Isamu were alive.

Rise from Ashes proc’d twice out of about 12 tries?

LE whiffed on two attacks, one with 4 dice, and one with 5 dice as the Rastucis. This was bad for her because my Drudge were able to kill the whiffing birdies and regain some semblence of board control.

Thoughts:
The pheonixes don’t do well in battles of attrition.
3 squads might not be enough.

Round 2: 500 points

LE: Kurrok, Water x4, Fire x2, Air x2, Earth x2, Izumis
FS: Rastuci x3, Mogrimm, Roman Legos x1

Glyphs: Wound, Init +8, 2 Treasures

The pheonixes grabbed wounding glyoh early, but were sporadic in holding it because I wanted more attacks. The firebirds and the elementals were back and forth for a while. The water elementals did the most work in this game for team Kurrok. While my birds were being whittled down, tina’s elementals had a great shot at winning. Only with lucky defense roll and a revive did the pheonixes prevail this time. Mogrimm and the Romans came in to clean up, and Mogrimm even killed a water elemental that was engaged with my last pheonix.
1 Pheonix, Mogrimm (full) and 4 Romans survived.

Rise from Ashes proc’d once out of a lot of attempts.

2 Elementals were summoned out of 4 tries.

Thoughts:
Pheonixes love glyph bonuses, but hate actually going for them because of their preference for attacking.
I had to make tough decisions to move in to attack figures or try to stay back and ensure one elemental died.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 30th, 2018, 10:22 PM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Fwoosh)

Dropping off some ideas. Maybe I’ll flourish them up later. The intended minis are Jace and his Illusions buddies from the AotP set.

Magi of the Sky
Human/Magister/Tricky/Jandar-Myvra-Ullar-Vydar

5 Life 5 mv 6 rg 2 atk 2 def

Magister’s Tornado Special Attack
Range 6. Attack 6.
You may use Magister’s Tornado either during Magi’s turn or instead of the normal attacks of three Sky Spirits. If 3 Sky Spirits are adjacent to a figure, you may use this attack against that figure.

Glide: No falling damage.

Summon Familiar: After moving, place a Sky Spirit adj to Magi.

90 Points

Sky Spirits
Spirits/Familiars/Tricky/Same as Magi

3 troops
5 Move 1 Range 2 Attack 3 Defense

Stealth Flying

50 points

The basic idea is that Magis can cause a magical tornado with the sky sprits. But, the cool part is that you can use the attack during either unit type’s turn. The pair is mostly supposed to be a niche build that you can relatively cheaply put into other builds as your form of Special Attack. I’m not super sure which General they’ll be following yet.

———————

Next, is the current draft of the Glass Myrmidon. It uses the glass golem figure from pathfinders.

Glass Myrmidon
Animata/Myrmidon/???/Vydar/Unique Hero

1 Life/5 Move/1 Range/5 Attack/7 Defense

Clear Body: Can’t be negated.

Crystalline Glow: GM and adjacent Guards receive an autoshield vs Special attacks. If GM is targetted for an SA, excess shields count as unblockable hits.

70-100 points

Notably, Glass Myrmidon receives bonding from my Ourmi Guards custom, who she in return, grants even more defense too. Because of this, I don’t putting her at the lower end of the power scale, but I haven’t seen her perform well enough to get close to 100 points. Probably gotta run the group vs primarily special attackers to see how it goes.

My friend suggested putting her (it?) at 2 life, and maybe making it so she can only take one wound per attack. But, I like the idea of the whole golem just shattering when it does get hit.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 9th, 2019, 02:22 AM
I could go

Re: Flameslayer Customs (Large Expac 1: Eruption of Power)

Finally, the next release of my customs. I hope everyone enjoys!

All of the Valkyrie have gathered near the center of the World, ready to fight it out with their heavenly solders in tow. While this will not be the final battle, this clash may break the alliance down once and for all.

Heroes of Auther Myvra

Spoiler Alert!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Last edited by flameslayer93; February 9th, 2019 at 07:00 PM.
Old February 9th, 2019, 06:02 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Flameslayer Customs (Large Expac: Eruption of Power)

I'd love to look at these, but I don't have permission
Old February 9th, 2019, 06:31 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
*Alert Noise*

!!

I will fix that shortly! Thanks for the headsup superfrog!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 9th, 2019, 06:56 PM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
*Alert Noise*

!!

I will fix that shortly! Thanks for the headsup superfrog!
I turned the sharing to 'on' for the folders. Not entirely sure if that fixed it or not. Let me know if not.

Edit: Oooooh! Now I see what went wrong. I accidentally linked the folder not the cards. Fix'd.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old February 9th, 2019, 06:59 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yep, I can see them all now. Cool stuff
Old February 25th, 2019, 09:12 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Cool customs flameslayer. Are you the person that came up with the Myvra card design, or is it something multiple people use? I see Myvra customs around occasionally and wondered who came up with it. Here's some thoughts on your large expansion:

Raphael - I'm surprised he isn't a kyrie! Of course that does away with the angel theme. He seems pretty overpriced in comparison to Kelda.

Sephir - Draconic Agility is a cool power that I'd like to see reused elsewhere. Furious Fires basically makes her a ranged Krug, which is super fun.

Gug is cool. The devour power fits perfectly for that figure. It seems really powerful at first glance but he's so fragile that I think it might actually be kinda weak. Definitely an interesting card.

Orlanend - It's kind of a boring design for such a cool looking figure. I'd expect more than a single attack of 3 for such a big guy.

Slhatooth - Oh man, that figure looks awesome. He's got a weird mix of powers and looks fun to play.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards